The future for the Brytenwalda team

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree on 1066, but I will advice to do a greater time, maybe starting from 1020 because Norman invasion causes was started very early than 1066, and also the next time is needed to consolidate the power.

1020-1120 may be a good timeline.You agree, gtabigfan? 

1066? Boring. Am I the only one around here who wants to play as a Frankish paladin? A mod about Europe after the death of Louis the Pious will be something awesome. Just think about it - you will have it all, including Vikings, Slavs, nomads, Moors and so forth.

Please, take the number: I have had the same idea time ago.

My idea was a Carolingian mod wich is portrayed France, borders of Spain, North Italy, and some Germany, more or less some time after Charlemagne death: the peoples may be Germans, Frank Carolingians, Normans (raiders, like Dana) Arabs and Spanish lords of Reconquista.

The better mod is limited in the terrain, but great in things to do, like Brytenwalda. Not all Europe, but a portion of this, is sufficient.   

Dreaming of to be a paladin...like Roland, and the 12 Peers...

..Dreaming to crush little paladins' heads with my axe  :evil:
As long as there are big, blood-hungry norse pagan bearded men burning crosses and splitting heads and are playable - I'm alright  :twisted:

I'm definitely hoping that they'll do an Early Medieval mod for Bannerlord, preferably in the British Isles. My one wish though would be that archery wouldn't be as gimped as it was in Brytenwalda. The Norse certainly used yew bows that were at the very least on the lower end of the average draw weight of the war bow that the English used during the Hundred Years' War, if not equatable. The Norse, and eventually the Anglo-Saxons, Scots, and Welsh, just didn't deploy archers in nearly the numbers that the English did in the 1300's, hence the emphasis on hand-to-hand combat.

Regardless of what you guys decide to do though, I'm sure that I will be extremely pleased with whatever comes out!

Thank you very, very much for all of your work on Brytenwalda. It's been a joy to play.

nah, another early midle age mod in Britannia no...I agree to France, or...my dream...in the war of Roses, an age never explored from any mod.
(show a white rose on his gambeson)

Basically I would jizz my pants over the following mods/games:

1 - Improved and expanded Brytenwalda/more early Anglo-Saxon invasion stuff

2 - Charlemagne era mod

3 - Kievan Rus/Swedish viking era mod with map extending from Scandinavia to Byzantium

4 - Late Anglo-Saxon era focusing on King Cnute's North Sea Empire

5 - Germanic migration period focusing on arrival of Franks and other tribes at the Roman border

I can't explain why but I am just fascinated by history set between 400 and 1100 AD.  I've been to Renaissance fairs and they're extremely fun but I don't really care about the late-medieval and Renaissance eras.  World War II has always interested me too, along with the Age of Exploration and the Enlightenment.  I was obsessed with Rome when I was younger.  I still love the early/High Middle Ages but nothing compares to the Dark Ages!

Give me jarl torques and shieldwalls,
spear and axe
Give me seaxes and franciscas
and jewel-pommeled swords
Give me warriors in furs,
chainmail and leather
Give me boarhelms and dane axes,
longships and Odin
Give me mead-halls and horn cups,
Beowulf and slaughter
Give me pattern-welded steel,
gold brooches and hacksilver
Give me longphorts and traders,
sea routes and prows
Give me roundshields and ravens,
power and fame
Give me Danes and Frisians,
the Swedes the Norse and Germans

Line my hall with carved wooden beams
Let me rape and pillage.

Give me the Dark Ages!!!  :twisted:

Ambrois LeGaillard said:
I agree on 1066, but I will advice to do a greater time, maybe starting from 1020 because Norman invasion causes was started very early than 1066, and also the next time is needed to consolidate the power.

1020-1120 may be a good timeline.You agree, gtabigfan?
Well, idk maybe during the first scottish war of inpedence? William Wallace, eh? ;D

well, from my historical informations the casus belli of the Norman conquest of England started before 1066, then 1020 is a good start, and a normal human can live more or less until 60-70, max 80 yrs old, (in this age people die at early age, max 50-60 yrs old if they were lucky) then the end of the mod can be around 1120, when is sure that the character is"died"

If youhas read the Don Qujote, the famous hidalgo was a more or less 50 yrs old man, and in his town was respected as elder before he goes mad.

Ambrois LeGaillard said:
well, from my historical informations the casus belli of the Norman conquest of England started before 1066, then 1020 is a good start, and a normal human can live more or less until 60-70, max 80 yrs old, (in this age people die at early age, max 50-60 yrs old if they were lucky) then the end of the mod can be around 1120, when is sure that the character is"died"

If youhas read the Don Qujote, the famous hidalgo was a more or less 50 yrs old man, and in his town was respected as elder before he goes mad.

Speaking of Spain, that time period sounds like you could put El Cid in there too.

I think you are right, also it's better that ask to Idibil, I don't know well the Reconquista time, and I have read only some verses (translated) of the "Cantar del mio Cid" .

It seems that they are making a game called Viking Conquest  :shock:
Click on Lenny's signature and then in the upper right corner click facebook. Now scrol down til you find vikings!

Or simply click here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442934275843467.1073741832.405279582942270&type=1

No  :smile:

There are many speculations and good ideas in this thread.  :smile:
Brustwarzenlenny has a company, but it's not associated with our project.
Please hold tight; we're getting closer to an official announcement.

Adorno said:

Yay!  :grin:

Adorno said:

Looking forward to the announcement.

Adorno said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom