The future for the Brytenwalda team

Users who are viewing this thread

The work on Brytenwalda has come to an end. But we have certainly not grown tired of working.
This is not the end but the beginning of a new project.

Some time ago we made a poll about an expansion to Brytenwalda.
Needless to say there was an overwhelming interest in a Viking expansion to Brytenwalda.

However, in the time that has gone our aspirations have grown bigger than a mere expansion.
We must apologize to those who looked forward to an expansion,
but at the same time we feel confident that the work we're doing will more than make up for it.

We have already for some time planned the next project, but nothing can be disclosed.
It's too early - and by that we mean nothing can be said at least until some time next year, or perhaps even later...
So please don't ask for information, as none will be given. Just know we're working to please fellow gamers as always  :smile: 

Brytenwalda Team

Oh my god oh my god. :grin:

This is as hype worthy as MB2: Bannerlord!

Much respect and luck to you guys, you have truly gave me a time machine with Brytenwalda, and immersed me in the brutal world of dark ages like nothing else has.

Kick ass once more. :wink:

Some thoughts

You made this statement today, whereas MB II was announced a few days ago.

+ You can't be just doing another mod for MB WB, as you won't be able to finish it before MB II.

+ "our aspirations have grown bigger than a mere expansion."

= It looks like you are making a game of your own ! And seeing what you have made of MB with brytenwalda, it sounds very promising

It explains certainly why you can't talk about it for now.

I WISH YOU THE BEST !

Be careful, though, if this is your way, there are a lot of bad experiences of mod-makers who failed...

Inarius said:
Some thoughts

You made this statement today, whereas MB II was announced a few days ago.

+ You can't be just doing another mod for MB WB, as you won't be able to finish it before MB II.

+ "our aspirations have grown bigger than a mere expansion."

= It looks like you are making a game of your own ! And seeing what you have made of MB with brytenwalda, it sounds very promising

It explains certainly why you can't talk about it for now.

I WISH YOU THE BEST !

Be careful, though, if this is your way, there are a lot of bad experiences of mod-makers who failed...

Be careful, you're actually telling this to a team of experienced modders who have ironically just announced that they successfully completed one of the biggest and most popular overhauls for this game. A feat very little mods see. I have no doubts they can pull it off again.

Hmmm...I may join the conspiracy theorists out there who think that the Brytenwalda team is working on the upcoming Bannerlord.

Reasons why:

1)  The Brytenwalda team is working on something greater than a mere expansion project

2)  They can't tell us anything for at least 1 year or even 2 years = probably working on a game from scratch!

3)  Brytenwalda team receives an overwhelming demand for a Viking-era expansion.  M&B2 is called Bannerlord and the previews show a warrior dressed in Anglo-Saxon/Viking armor and holding a Viking-style shield.  A bannerlord is a Dark Age term, not a Medieval term  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe not!  Check out the picture below!

Mount-and-Blade-2.jpg

4) Brytenwalda has become such an in-depth and well-crafted mod that I wouldn't be surprised if the Brytenwalda team was hired by Taleworlds to help create M&B2.  If I was on the Taleworlds crew I would totally want the Brytenwalda team to be on staff!

P.S. doesn't the armor in the M&B2 preview also look suspiciously like the Wolf Loricas from Brytenwalda?  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe not...

mbwarband20110803182245.jpg

Especially this one.  They both even have similar pendants hanging around the neck...suspicious indeed ha ha ha.

mbwarband20110803182343.jpg

Oh, yes, i didn't see the preview !

Well, good modders doesn't mean good game makers. Some very famous mod makers (like Magna Mundi for the Europa Universalis game) completly failed when it was for good.

But your conspiracy seems true. That's wonderful ! CONGRATULATION, if it is true !

Wow, those are some elaborate theories  :grin:
But as already said, no information can be given.

I must point out though, that the wolf lorica DerHerbst is showing is from an OSP,
made by Narf of Picklestink (or Zimke?), if I remember correctly. All credits go to him.

Congratulations on finishing the mod, and good luck for your project!

Thanks for completing the best MBW mod. Thanks for your work. Well done!  :grin:

Best wishes for your next project, I have started to see some mods using Brytenwalda features, you have made your little piece of history in gaming  :cool:

You and your staff are legendary, nuff said, the thought, how in-depth the mod was is just phenomenal, you painted an accurate picture of the time period, I hope that your next work is again aimed at British isle wars, I would love to see some Jacobite stuff ( generally not a request ) heck! I thought if someone could take the idea of war of the roses but put it into mount and blade so there is a single player espect it would be brilliant, so many wars to choose from.. so little time :razz:

Good luck in future!

I would personnaly love the Catharism period because everybody who has already seen castles like Montségur would LOVE to play it in M&B (like here : http://www.auberge-du-balestie.com/images/vacances-pyrenees/montsegur-2.jpg-%5B400_73%5D.jpg). Moreover you have proved to be able to handle the "religious" part of the game ! (and at that time there was already the Reconquista movement, so the south of france/north of spain place was quite hot).
Well, a sort of 1257AD, but made by you :smile:

I would love a good mod set 16-18th centuary, civil war tho, battles are gruesome, plus instead of forts most battles took place in fortified manors which makes it more interesting if your manner gets surrounded by an army of muskets :3

Adorno said:
The work on Brytenwalda has come to an end. But we have certainly not grown tired of working.
This is not the end but the beginning of a new project.

Some time ago we made a poll about an expansion to Brytenwalda.
Needless to say there was an overwhelming interest in a Viking expansion to Brytenwalda.

However, in the time that has gone our aspirations have grown bigger than a mere expansion.
We must apologize to those who looked forward to an expansion,
but at the same time we feel confident that the work we're doing will more than make up for it.

We have already for some time planned the next project, but nothing can be disclosed.
It's too early - and by that we mean nothing can be said at least until some time next year, or perhaps even later...
So please don't ask for information, as none will be given. Just know we're working to please fellow gamers as always  :smile: 

Brytenwalda Team

Good Luck with everything, and i will be watching for process of the other twork you all will be doing.

Wow. I've not been on the forums in a while. I'm both glad and sad to see that this mod has been finished. I look forward to whatever project you all come up with next.

Back
Top Bottom