Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Trust me, it did not take me 2 days, Im still on 2.1a and have been playing 2.1a since release, its taken me MONTHS & MONTHS, in the game about 5-6 years have elapsed. IT WAS NOT EASY!!!  :mrgreen: But thank you!

Don Zekalone said:
Ok I'm not sure if this is bug so I will post it here to everyone see. I sent Kojiro to spread words about me since I have my own kingdom now (Empire of Japan), I took Choshi from Satomi and they have one castle left, I don't want to defeat them since I need to be in war with someone, to rasi morale of troops  :twisted:, but anyway, I sent Kojiro and Sessai said it was bad idea. Why the hell he complain when acording to Companion picture he was not next ti him? Will I still get right to rule? I have only 14 (yea bad idea to start kingdom but I had to do it) and need it.

What color is your faction? Is it red like the Shimazu?

Don Zekalone said:
I thought you finish the game when all rightfull kings come to the throne, I actualy google it and in other mods even when you hold everyhing you can still go around. My God I have so many idea for this game but thats it. :sad:

How the hell you took whole Japan in 2 days? It is possible only with cheats.  :grin:
if you help a claimant take over their clan all you get is indefinite marshal (strategist here) status after a little announcement and a short bit of dialogue. there's no point in helping more than one claimant, and there's certainly no sense in which the claimants are intended to be considered more legitimate by the game

Don Zekalone said:
Ok I'm not sure if this is bug so I will post it here to everyone see. I sent Kojiro to spread words about me since I have my own kingdom now (Empire of Japan), I took Choshi from Satomi and they have one castle left, I don't want to defeat them since I need to be in war with someone, to rasi morale of troops  :twisted:, but anyway, I sent Kojiro and Sessai said it was bad idea. Why the hell he complain when acording to Companion picture he was not next ti him? Will I still get right to rule? I have only 14 (yea bad idea to start kingdom but I had to do it) and need it.
companions and lords all have different ideas about what makes a legitimate monarch/shogun and may disagree strongly about it and respond negatively to things you say to bolster your claims or when you try to convince them to join your faction; it's not necessarily related to how well they get along. maybe a list should be included, but you can generally get a feel for it by reading what they say when you ask them to spread your claim and what they say when you ask them about other stuff. if your RtR is only 14 your neighbors will probably declare war on you soon enough, so you don't have to worry about not having enough battles. you'll still get RtR when he gets back and yeah you're gonna need it

-----------------------------

i tried recording some stuff with new graphics hardware yesterday and it turned out well; does anyone have ideas for good footage to showcase 3.0?

jwagne51 said:
What color is your faction? Is it red like the Shimazu?

No, mine is realy realy red.
11767h0.png

redeschaton said:
companions and lords all have different ideas about what makes a legitimate monarch/shogun and may disagree strongly about it and respond negatively to things you say to bolster your claims or when you try to convince them to join your faction; it's not necessarily related to how well they get along. maybe a list should be included, but you can generally get a feel for it by reading what they say when you ask them to spread your claim and what they say when you ask them about other stuff. if your RtR is only 14 your neighbors will probably declare war on you soon enough, so you don't have to worry about not having enough battles. you'll still get RtR when he gets back and yeah you're gonna need it
i tried recording some stuff with new graphics hardware yesterday and it turned out well; does anyone have ideas for good footage to showcase 3.0?

Yea Amako declared me war but I'm not consired since they are way far from me plus they have other enemies around them. But I was provokated by Hojo, but don't know how I hope they won't attakc me since I was their Lord already plus only have two lords Musashi and Youmi. I will try to gain some from Satomi now when I took their last castle.

What software you use for recording? I wanted to make something like trailer, or short clips story but don't know how to record without getting notes about killing other in battle. :sad:

Personally so far my only complaint is the same complaint I have with "With Fire and Sword."  Bows are too Powerful, and Gunpowder weapons are just weak... mostly because of the reload, anything stops reloading you have to start reloading all over again, to a point that there is no point using a gun most of the time at least as a player character.

Even Bandits with Bow/Arrows can be deadly once they get into range, were as on normal Mount and Blade you really needed high level archers or crossbow men to be deadly.  Ronin Bandit Camps in short are next to suicide to attack because of it unless you have like Ji Samurai quality+ troops, being 2 out of 3 of them often are using a bow, and a two handed sword.

If it was possible to set reloading a musket in stages rather than a long tedious process that would work, either that or bows need another nerf when compared to Guns.  I saw there was already such a change in the past but sadly it still isn't enough.  I can kill like a dozen men per battle with a bow, while a musket I'd have to get lucky to take down 3-4 per battle, guns are just not worth using.  Only time muskets are remotely useful is in pure "MASS" fire with mass of NPCs vs NPCs, and even then they have to hit targets multiple times for them to die for weapons that are inaccurate and shoot much slower than bows, which is sad for a weapon that made armor useless. 

There just has to be a better way to balance Muskets.  I want to use them myself, but they're so many cons and well like no real pros, and without enemies having shields using a bow on horse back is just happy hour.   

I just started using this mod, and outside of that I think this mod is amazing. 

Today, I officially finished Gekokujo 2.1a, it was a freaking blast, I have retired on my first and main profile Kojuro Yuujin, otherwise known as Shogun Kojuro of the Kojuro clan. I retired on my 1000 day of adventuring, and ride into the glorious sunset in toward my palace in Kiyousu and I watch amidst the top of my castle keep, the Sun lower a perfect display of the nation of the Rising Sun. With all Japan conquered 3 & 1/2 long years of war and battles now ended as I sit with my council, My Beautiful Wife Shizuha, Father-in-law Daimyo Hatakeyama, Chancellor, Chamberlain, Constable, and my dearest friends, Daimyo Musashi, Daimyo Gonnusuke, Daimyo Hyogonosuke, Daimyo Hoshi, Tribune Goemon, Bugiesha Youma, Bugiesha Tojiko, and Bugiesha Mokou. It was truly an amazing ride. Thank You Phlpp,

Cannot wait for the next ride approaching in 3.0!

SHOGUN NO TAME NI!!!! BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI! 

Arigato... Sayonara.

jwagne51 said:
phlpp said:

On the Google doc you said on the faction relations screen: "oh, i can definitely use those. thanks. edit: haha holy crap, no way i'm using these"

What made you change your mind?
there were no screenshots to show me what they looked like and they had an idiosyncratic way of integrating into the code that i'm a little wary of. sorry

filtratedbread said:
I have a bug in beta version 4, were if I and my lord are captured after losing a battle while doing freelancer, sometimes It makes a duplicate of me and other weird stuff happens like being able visit myself in prison and having my duplicate being ransomed by my host clan, yet being charged 6400 mon for my clones freedom.

here I am visiting myself in prison
http://imgur.com/a/wFupa
that's a weird freelancer bug i've been trying to hunt down. freelancer had something to say about it which was "sometimes you'll see a clone of yourself in prison -- sorry, just pretend it's not there". i have a feeling they solved it in other implementations of freelancer, but i've never been able to get a looksee

Seven of Spades said:
Phlpp? Can you put an option to activate or desactivate the cheatmenu from the camp menu for us notebook players? Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?
sure -- i think i remember brytenwalda having that option, i don't know why it didn't occur to me to do it here

haitch40 said:
That is a bug with the game picking and choosing when it reads the script iirc.
When I get it my sashimono goes green.
it may have to do with the sashimono technically being a weapon. i'm sure it would trigger consistently if it were a shield or a piece of chest armor. i've already done the chest armor route, but that limits us (unless we go with an insane number of redundant armor varieties). i have no idea how to prevent the AI from wielding the shield-sashimono the way i have (mostly) prevented them from wielding the weapon-sashimonos

Coraline said:
Personally so far my only complaint is the same complaint I have with "With Fire and Sword."  Bows are too Powerful, and Gunpowder weapons are just weak... mostly because of the reload, anything stops reloading you have to start reloading all over again, to a point that there is no point using a gun most of the time at least as a player character.

Even Bandits with Bow/Arrows can be deadly once they get into range, were as on normal Mount and Blade you really needed high level archers or crossbow men to be deadly.  Ronin Bandit Camps in short are next to suicide to attack because of it unless you have like Ji Samurai quality+ troops, being 2 out of 3 of them often are using a bow, and a two handed sword.

If it was possible to set reloading a musket in stages rather than a long tedious process that would work, either that or bows need another nerf when compared to Guns.  I saw there was already such a change in the past but sadly it still isn't enough.  I can kill like a dozen men per battle with a bow, while a musket I'd have to get lucky to take down 3-4 per battle, guns are just not worth using.  Only time muskets are remotely useful is in pure "MASS" fire with mass of NPCs vs NPCs, and even then they have to hit targets multiple times for them to die for weapons that are inaccurate and shoot much slower than bows, which is sad for a weapon that made armor useless. 

There just has to be a better way to balance Muskets.  I want to use them myself, but they're so many cons and well like no real pros, and without enemies having shields using a bow on horse back is just happy hour.   

I just started using this mod, and outside of that I think this mod is amazing.

I agree 100%, though because Gekokujo doesn't use sheilds guns are actually more useable than in most other mods i've played were the bullets just bounce off sheilds and still do just about the same amount of damage as arrows. I think the biggest problem  that needs to be fixed is the damage, its to low. It needs to do enough damage that only the most tough and heavly armoured units could take a hit and keep going. guns were ment to lvl the playing field between skill and it makes sence that a single lucky shot from a peasent would have killed a highly trained and armoured samurai. Another thing that could make them more usefully and possibly realistic is to not make everyshot a kill, most of the battles are short in game and in real life if someone was only shot in the arm as opposed to the head its likely they would survive but they probably be out for the rest of the fight. so giving guns a good chance to knock out opponents(unless its a headshot) would give us another weapon to possibly get prisioners as well as give the pentalty of having to fight some of the same guys again in seiges and armies because they were only knock out and not killed. Just an idea i think would be cool to see in the game.

alright guys, there are only a couple of minor fixes left, i think. 3.0 is pretty much done after that. except the music isn't ready yet. so i'm thinking of a small, limited release without the new music (neither mine nor the ones submitted to me) without fanfare. we can even pretend it's still in beta, even though there would no longer be any expectations to look for bugs. and then when the music is finally finished, we do the full all-out release with a thread title change, a request for a subforum, and uploads to nexus mods and moddb

Don Zekalone said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
But in any case, a random question on the gameplay: in terms of economy, have any new resources been added to the list for trade? Like rice, silk, tea, porcelain, etc. etc. It's kind of a strange ambition but I always wanted to play the merchant in Sengoku Era Japan before building up a free company of ronin. Just kind of enjoy the culture and sights of the land. But yeah, if so I'm definitely reinstalling Warbands for this mod.  :lol:

There is white and brown rice, soybeans, soya souce, and others, but not tea or porcelan. :smile: That's actualy nice idea, but I never see the point of being trader in MB. :grin: I usually take taxes and if a Lords is duchbag I will "fail" quest and take money, plus pilliging the villages (depends of charachter I play). :smile:

Ah, excellent. Well, if I recall Native had a system where you could build up craft workshops and factories in towns to give you a more significant weekly income in return for the initial investment. Including more resources would be great for building the ambiance and culture of medieval Japan, as well as giving the player further income base (plus more variety when raiding villages and caravans). So I don't mean to be presumptuous, but if I recall from my discussions with other modders before that implementing new resources isn't too difficult. So if you find the time to pitch in a few more sometime, that would be amazing. ^_^ But in any case, I'll definitely be reinstalling Warbands to give this a spin shortly. It looks amazing!

I have been watching this for weeks and finally decided to stop lurking and register on the forum. Considering how awesome 2.0 already was, 3.0 got me excited.

Coraline said:

As far as I know in that time samurais were still better with bow as they practiced it for centuries, and there was a lot of battles were army with bow would defeat the one with guns or mixed, with small number of casulites (hope you know what I mean, don't know to spell it xD). Plus gun have douple mroe dmg than bow (average 25/27-53). Bow were still more precise and better option since it's much faster to reload plus as I said they used it for centuries.

And I don't like idea of one hit/death since this is a game, that would mean also to be one hit with sword and death/heavy wound, casue with simple katana you could break enemies armor in one hit.

Have to be with Don on this one, you've said it, Coraline, teppos are effective only when used as a massive volley peppering the group big enough that most of the bullets simply have to find targets. And that's pretty much how they were and should be used.
You have to remember that those aren't muskets and rifles of Napoleonic Wars, those are more or less arquebuses, half of them of poor quality.

Poor peasant is yet to make that single lucky shot :wink:

Take for example Last Samurai movie the battle sceene in the woods, simple peasents surounded by enemies who yell, trumble, make noises, even they had guns, they didn't know how they actualy work, casue gun is kinda machine you have parts there, if something stuck they don't know what's the problm, they teached them only how to shoot and that is the problem, bot Bow is diffirent thing, only rope or whatever is the name, can be problem nothing else. Screw the fact I'm talking about movie, it was the same thing in real life, these were samurais, fighting against ashigaru units, peasents, farmers, everyone who needs money that can hold weapon. And yea they were low quality.

I would still like to see some Chinese mercenaries with crossbow.  :mrgreen:

I notes you get negative morale for enemies even if you dont have prisoners. All you have to do is to battle them and after win, BAM minus morale...that MB...

Back
Top Bottom