Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

jacobhinds said:
that tweak won't let you have positive relations with bandits. bandits are hardcoded to be enemies with everyone at all times, so you can join the battle on their side, but they'll still be hostile.
anyway, not as if bandits countrywide are suddenly going to be friendly with you after saving a couple of them from a lord.

plus, bandit infestations and bandit quest are handled outside of the relations system. they still happen regardless.

Hardcoded? I have my doubts, since some mods actually allow to do that and usually not a feat worth mentioning in a change-log, so I'm lead to believe it isn't anything complicated - for a modder that is. IIRC they are by default assigned to te Outlaw faction, and as with every other faction you have relation points with them, and once the become positive, they stop attacking you, just as with every other faction. Now i'm aware i won't get them to follow me or any other order, but that would be against my char's motto anyway. And yes, it is a procedure, but not so lengthy as it seems - i have to join several fights with them. Usually it grants 4 positive relation points, so even if i start with -40 relation with them, after 10 fights they are neutral.  Done it in several mods... its a different approach and as i play the game for years is quite refreshing to twist things up a bit :smile:

You are right concerning to infestations and quest infestation though. But hey, it will still be a more pacific world than having villagers get ganked up everywhere. :grin:

jacobhinds said:
you could add another faction i suppose. but the dialogue would be buggy and they wouldn't behave like bandits.

It'd be a good submod idea, at any rate.

Yea it sure would... it's already fun for my with this ragged-tagged-over-the-knee solution, i imagine if done by a someone even with the least coding/scripting  skills unlike me .  :smile:

Saxondragon made something similar with pendor - mountain bandits, forest bandits, outlaws, wayfarers, rogue knights, vanskerries and raiders were all minor factions (lordless) and each inependent from each other. Some even were supportive of each other while being agressive to others. I'm sure gekokujo could have something similar

So, question for you guys: What things do you import into a new character? I may give myself a level 1 import that has level 10 Weapon Mastery so I don't have to waste points on it.

NameAlreadyInUse said:
NameAlreadyInUse said:
One thing is bothering me.
Why i'm not able to join the bandits/pirates side on battles?
I tried to find tweaks but to no avail. The mod is awesome and i intended to gain positive relations with bandits becaus my character embodies the one who will bring true peace to everyone. And thats everyone. If i get positive relations with all those renegades and outlaws and deserters, my faction villages wont longer be raided, villagers wont be attacked on the road, in fact will be protected by them if possible boosting prosperity. The only ones that could target innocent people are the other lords, effectively making them the real enemy, so when i have "freed" all villages and towns, i wont accept any lords on my faction, so the land will be for the people only, thus ending the game cause there won't be any more fighting left, not even AI fights.

But i can't join bandits on fights! I'm used to doing that on other mods so i know its possible...Can someone help me achieve this?

SOLVED - To anyone interested, this tweak still works.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1530222.html#msg1530222

I didn't check if every number in the interval matches, but should you replace whatever is in the same place where the red numbers shouldd by 0, it will work. Thank you guys happy gaming - You should be proud for your mod my sibling

I know for Gekokujo mod, the tweakmb doesnt work for a couple of options just as unit wages, will the tweaks you listed allow me to change the options that I cant change on tweakmb?

I am uploading the beta version of 3.0 as we speak.

If anyone is interested in testing it please PM me. Warning: it's largely untested! I haven't had a chance to play long term yet -- throughout development I've been constantly starting new characters to weed out early show-stopping bugs. While I've set up debug commands to facilitate testing late game stuff (as you'll see, if you cheat), it's far from perfect or thorough. This is a real beta that requires real testing and real patience. Don't ask for it just because you want it early, because you might be disappointed with how buggy it will be.

What I want from you as a beta tester:

1) detailed descriptions of problems and how to replicate them

2) screenshots to show people in this thread what's new and different, because i've been working on this so long that i have no frame of reference anymore

Hmm. Where's page 227? I have a different page setup and I'm on page 69 right now. D:

Anyway sign me up for beta testing. I have a bit of free time now and I can really dig in and look for bugs particularly with the microfactions system among other things.

Hanakoganei said:
Hmm. Where's page 227? I have a different page setup and I'm on page 69 right now. D:

Anyway sign me up for beta testing. I have a bit of free time now and I can really dig in and look for bugs particularly with the microfactions system among other things.

Your posting is still on page 227. This is what phlpp referred to:

phlpp said:
I am uploading the beta version of 3.0 as we speak.

If anyone is interested in testing it please PM me. Warning: it's largely untested! I haven't had a chance to play long term yet -- throughout development I've been constantly starting new characters to weed out early show-stopping bugs. While I've set up debug commands to facilitate testing late game stuff (as you'll see, if you cheat), it's far from perfect or thorough. This is a real beta that requires real testing and real patience. Don't ask for it just because you want it early, because you might be disappointed with how buggy it will be.

What I want from you as a beta tester:

1) detailed descriptions of problems and how to replicate them

2) screenshots to show people in this thread what's new and different, because i've been working on this so long that i have no frame of reference anymore

haitch40 said:
Just played a bit of the beta. It is awesome.

Thanks Phlpp now I am going to fail my exams lol.

Where did you get it?

Edit: I'll play it this weekend, got a three day weekend do to Good Friday.

Back
Top Bottom