Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I joined TW just to express my gratitude to the maker of this mod. Hard to believe something like this is the work of a single person. You have my respect, sir.

Bug: While a village was being besieged (Kamigyo), the siege would not end, despite me defeating all of the raiders. I restarted 3 times, and got the same problem. I had to "Retreat", which cost me Morale, but then the victory screen would appear. This has not happened on any other village that I have defended.

Question; High Lord Miyoshi threw a feast, and the tournament restarted every time a new lord arrived in the city - I won it 4 times in a row... Intended behaviour?

Question: Has anyone thought about creating a wiki for this mod - what cities usually have certain companions, a guide to companion's skills, cities that usually are good to trade to... or are these types of settings randomly generated each time you create a new game?

Again, Love this mod, and you are brilliant, sir.

One of the best, man. One of the best. You can buy Marty a drink at moddb/gekokujo - he deserves it.

Long days and pleasant nights to you Sai

This is the best mod so far regarding mods specific to Asian History, not sure if it's accurate though, I have little to no knowledge regarding Japan's history during those times.

All I know is that a Samurai is awesome in any cultural point of view.

I haven't played it personally yet (I have installed it though), but I've been following Reformist's playthrough in preparation of playing this mod.

Too bad my country didn't have much to offer regarding warfare during their times because of Spanish colonialists.

I agree, this is an excellent mod.

I hope the development continues, as it has the potential to be one of the best M&B mods ever. The atmosphere, the battles, the scenes - everything is great.

Asulador said:
This is the best mod so far regarding mods specific to Asian History, not sure if it's accurate though, I have little to no knowledge regarding Japan's history during those times.
Let's just say that the gekokujo period is a backdrop and this mod was never meant to be a historical reference or anything. Most of the people are based on the actual people, though a few are fictional or unconfirmed characters. There's also a few discrepancies or vague relations, such as Gracia sometimes being either Lord Hosokawa's daughter or wife (it's randomized every time you start a new game), when historically she was known to be the wife of Hosokawa (Tadaoki).

The places are more or less accurate. Well, as accurate as you can do in Warband anyway. The faction list is as good as it gets though, because phlpp even included minor factions and "bandit"-like groups like the wokou pirates.

Hanakoganei said:
Asulador said:
Let's just say that the gekokujo period is a backdrop and this mod was never meant to be a historical reference or anything. Most of the people are based on the actual people, though a few are fictional or unconfirmed characters. There's also a few discrepancies or vague relations, such as Gracia sometimes being either Lord Hosokawa's daughter or wife (it's randomized every time you start a new game), when historically she was known to be the wife of Hosokawa (Tadaoki).

The places are more or less accurate. Well, as accurate as you can do in Warband anyway. The faction list is as good as it gets though, because phlpp even included minor factions and "bandit"-like groups like the wokou pirates.

I was surprised when I found out William was based on a real person.

The mod is all kinds of awesome - one thing though, I wish firearms weren't as prevalent. It was a pretty perfect balance in the previous version imho.. The change from roaming Ronins to diferent kinds of bandits is great! The Rebel Monks however have so many firearms that I generally hate being in the region, which I feel is a shame.

Oh yeah, I incidentally watched the corresponding movie "Shogun" some time before starting this mod and was truly amazed to find this character.

As for George... Well, his only notable skill is in gunnery, he says he is from a far away time(!) and finds Obama Castle a funny name... Guess who that might be.

Something I did for the Weekly 2d Art Competiton:

in_the_style_of_ukiyo_e_by_axiaterraartunion-d7zja8c.jpg

Did someone out there make a claim about the music in the mod? I heard that one of the LPers got rid of the music for their playthrough because of licensing issues. Pre-3.0 was a mixed bag (unfortunately), but all of 3.0 were from royalty-free, creative commons, and public domain sources, from the sites of the composers themselves (with permission) or from collection sites with clear provenance (where the composers had to upload themselves).

I'm worried that one of the composers withdrew their permission more than anything

phlpp said:
Did someone out there make a claim about the music in the mod? I heard that one of the LPers got rid of the music for their playthrough because of licensing issues. Pre-3.0 was a mixed bag (unfortunately), but all of 3.0 were from royalty-free, creative commons, and public domain sources, from the sites of the composers themselves (with permission) or from collection sites with clear provenance (where the composers had to upload themselves).

I'm worried that one of the composers withdrew their permission more than anything
Or it could be Youtube being an ass. I have seen a few accounts of people giving permission to monetize videos and youtube rejecting it.

does it work for 1.160? I{m having a error when i unrar the zip into a folder inside "modules" folder of warband. Regards.

EDIT: Sorry, I´ve solved by myself, thanks anyway. Great mod

iskar said:
Oh yeah, I incidentally watched the corresponding movie "Shogun" some time before starting this mod and was truly amazed to find this character.

As for George... Well, his only notable skill is in gunnery, he says he is from a far away time(!) and finds Obama Castle a funny name... Guess who that might be.
Lol the first time i saw George laugh at Obama Castle was hilarious, I saw that and i just *had* to drag my brother into the room and see it

Back
Top Bottom