Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not look here said:
The only thing that I actually didn't like on the main map is party icon. Running through lush green gave me strong vibes of certain orc-ish creatures taking certain halflings to certain place - while it looks like improvement over stiff doll from Warband, I have a feeling it may become a ridiculous view after going on without a stop for few in-game days.
That would be brilliant for TLD 2 though, wouldn't it? :lol:
To be honest, I like that running icon. It doesn't remind me of Isengard and Aragorn, but it most definitely does remind me of something. Not quite sure what.
The jogging in The Witcher 1, I think. Maybe not. Hmmm...

Do not look here said:
Deny Viking Conquest anything you want, but one thing you can't deny - they really made world map busy. Special locations aside, icons make it really crowded, army on the campaign is really awe-inspiring and busy ports buzz with activity around them. Much better than guy and a donkey with occasional peasant and armies riding around looking like seven samurais.

Talking of making the map busier, I made a post of map ideas some months ago that may be of interest;

DanAngleland said:
I'm hoping to see roads, farm buildings and their surrounding fields, seasons to be depicted by snow on the ground in winter etc and hopefully weather (clouds travelling over the landscape, casting shadows and dropping rain).

The aesthetic appeal of these features would be enough to improve immersion, but I certainly expect to see fully functional roads; that was an obvious feature missing from the previous games and has been much requested in the past. I fully expect roads to give a speed bonus over other terrain, and for NPC travellers (especially civilians such as caravans) to use them by default.

Fields wouldn't need to have any purpose that I can think of, other than maybe appearing in greater numbers in fertile and prosperous regions, battle maps in these areas to reflect the world map (doesn't have to be in a field of wheat or whatever is depicted on the map, but fields of any type or orchards or farm buildings would make sense). It would be even better if fields could be set alight on the world map, much as villages can be raided.

Seasons could have a great effect, both aesthetically and practically. In winter rivers might freeze in northern areas, possibly enabling them to be crossed which would be of strategic significance. Snow coverage would extend further south during colder years. This should reduce the travel speed and morale of parties and harm the production of the farms in the area. Conversely in spring rivers might be larger due to meltwater (increasing after a winter of heavy snowfalls), flooding might occur (I doubt this much detail will be in the game but it would be great). Flooded land of course would make some areas impassable for a few days and damage crop production. On the other hand prolonged dry summer weather might cause droughts, making rivers fordable in parts and harming some crops (though of course some dry, hot weather is good for most crops), and making troops uncomfortable on the march, thereby reducing morale.

I would be really pleased and surprised just to see weather as I described in the first paragraph; the appearance of clouds and rain occuring on the campaign map, but it could quite easily have practical effects on gameplay. The most obvious one is having battle maps take place in rainstorms. A long storm over an unpaved road might start making it very boggy and thus slow to use, perhaps triggering caravans to use longer land routes or even to travel part of their journey by ship (not that I have a reason to expect ships in game, but as a map feature showing trading ships it would be immersive and simple to do- they are just caravans on the water). A party caught in a snowstorm might suffer casualties or be forced into making camp to survive.

Sound is important too; zoom in close to the coast and hear the soft hiss of the waves, hear them crash against cliffs in stormy weather; zoom in close to fields and hear sheep and cows, go near a farm and hear ducks and pigs, go to the steppe and both see and hear herds of wild horses, ride through a forest and hear birdsong and the hooves of deer as they scamper away; travel up to a high pass and hear the winds; in the winter most of the animal sounds will be absent, but in summer they will return and in addition fields could yield the sound of crickets; coming near a city, particularly one hosting an event such as a tournament or travelling fair, you would hear the murmur of many voices.

A lot of that is probably not going to be in game, but I certainly expect to see roads which are used by the AI and boost speed. I would also be surprised and disappointed if there aren't fields or some other features to make the map look more real. Changing snow coverage and weather are the ones I am not holding my breath for.

I really was a bit surprised not to see any roads, but we don't know much yet. Hopefully there will be some written information about the map when Taleworlds officially reveals all this Gamescom material to us.

As another poster previously confused a scene for the world map, i don't see why they dont just use the scene generator to at least shape the landscape/lighting.

They are still alive it seems
QlZXnZ.jpg

Now a new problem has arisen people wanted a release date before and were getting inpatient but now that they showed this and the hype has exploded people are going to be screaming for a release date heck they already have. This will put huge pressure on the developer :/

What do we know about mounts in the game? In the equipment UI I noticed a secondary icon for the horse, I can only guess and hope it's use is for horse armours, panniers and such, allowing for more gear to be carried, bit like the battle chest. :party:

Many thanks to everyone for the wonderful feedback on Gamescom videos. I want to point out that the voice-overs in the videos are just placeholders (I am personally responsible for the bad accents, the good parts are by Sten from our team. And I must say, we had a lot of fun recording these...) We'll have professional voice actors record everything once the text is finalized.

Armagan said:
Many thanks to everyone for the wonderful feedback on Gamescom videos. I want to point out that the voice-overs in the videos are just placeholders (I am personally responsible for the bad accents, the good parts are by Sten from our team. And I must say, we had a lot of fun recording these...) We'll have professional voice actors record everything once the text is finalized.
Thank you,thank you,but,is there going to be more informations about actual game during Gamescom ?

Armagan said:

Thanks for the information.

I'm really looking forward to the secret press release, I hope it's a BETA/alpha or release date. What happened to the blog though? Does this replace the blog or...?

Armagan said:

we need to find the guy who hacked info about HL2, so he can hack more info on progress of MnB Bonerlord  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Armagan said:

Armağan'ın askerleriyiz!

Is it possible to get a release date in near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom