Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They confirmed a Diplomacy Mode, which will allow us to even expand borders without fighting, they also say modding tool they're preparing will make things far too easier, they say in the video Taleworlds showed them(hopefully we will see too in near future), a developer quickly made a map with little effort.

They also say they saw a detailed character screen and skill tree.

M.ArdA said:
Here you go lads.
@ali_erkin: Here are the latest news and screen shots of @Mount_and_Blade II: Bannerlord shared in web page of Merlin'in Kazanı: http://t.co/vmOsX3Nz5K

1_1.jpg
1_3.jpg
1_2.jpg
1_4.jpg
1_5.jpg

Sweet! THX!

Holy flying Jesus on a bike, MUD PUDDLES!
Whilst I usually try and resist such primal and nonsensical urges, I couldn't stop myself from gathering all available coins and banknotes from the nearby shelf and tossing them at my screen. The monitor is fine, fortunately, but I'll have to collect coins off the floor now. (RealLife, the best RPG ever.)
I like these screenies. So vibrant, so colourful. AND MUDDDDDY!
And the shadows look pretty neat. I also hope that horses will be living agents in settlement scenes as well, instead of being statues.

M.ArdA said:
I can translate the article if you guys want tonight.
Please do, we'll appreciate it greatly.

Inanch-Bilge said:
They confirmed a Diplomacy Mode, which will allow us to even expand borders without fighting, they also say modding tool they're preparing will make things far too easier, they say in the video Taleworlds showed them(hopefully we will see too in near future), a developer quickly made a map with little effort.
This sounds really, really promising. Can't wait!
Inanch-Bilge said:
They also say they saw a detailed character screen and skill tree.
I'm pretty sure we caught a glimpse of that as well, in that other demonstrational video. Of course, one couldn't really see what was going on in the skills screen, though I'm pretty sure I saw something like tiered skills (some seemed to be further "down the ladder" than others), and the whole thing looked pretty much connected into the whole "characters, houses, factions and vassals" thing that looks like will be replacing the current "Notes" panel.

My name is Lumops, and I approve of these messages.

Lumos said:

This shall remain in history.

Anyways, Google Translate tells about a talent screen (which you translated as a skill screen). According to the translator, they didn't mean to limit wars in favour of talking, but expand the boundaries of diplomacy, meaning that we'll be able to choose our play style. That said, one might want to conquer through wars, but another one might consider diplomacy as an alternative.

M.ArdA said:
Here you go lads.
@ali_erkin: Here are the latest news and screen shots of @Mount_and_Blade II: Bannerlord shared in web page of Merlin'in Kazanı: http://t.co/vmOsX3Nz5K

1_1.jpg
1_3.jpg
1_2.jpg
1_4.jpg
1_5.jpg
Hot damn. There are so many things that look like big improvements over previous M&B games, I don't know where to start. I guess, to cover it all broadly, the new graphics and lighting are what really makes it for me. Seriously, a game that looks that good, but is just far enough away from cutting-edge that you probably won't need a whopper computer to run it, and will have the great gameplay of M&B? Shut up and take my money. 

The last screen looks particularly interesting.
On the one hand, walkers in town seem to still walk aimlessly - they even barely managed to avoid collision. On the other hand, already mentioned people that almost walked into one another and especially two guys standing by the wall - if that's not confirmation of different body shapes than I don't know what would be.

Also, holy moly, that horsey! I love it.

Mann I just finished to read Merlininkazani's pre review I can't waittt I'm sure best game of this year and someone told me release date is 30 june ...

berkyx said:
someone told me release date is 30 june ...
I highly doubt that. There'd be more noise on here from the devs if they were about to release even an early-alpha version, and there hasn't been any such noise whatsoever (except for the devblogs). Hell, I'm not sure I remember the last time a dev posted in this thread.

Lumos said:
The Bowman said:
Lumos said:
God damn it.
:lol:

berkyx said:
Mann I just finished to read Merlininkazani's pre review I can't waittt I'm sure best game of this year and someone told me release date is 30 june ...
That is because some Turkish fans decided to change the game's wiki page and Merlin'in Kazanı bought it and wrote and article about it. Non of the developers said that.
I also asked for a date for the betas. Which concluded with sadness. :sad: There is quite some time for the betas.

Here you go lads, again! :smile:
TaleWorlds maybe is the most succesful Turkish Game Developer that gained recognition in the international scene. In this, you can't deny the help from Mount&Blade, which sold a lot with the help of Paradox Interactive's support. After the break up with the Paradox Interactive, TaleWorlds is now working on Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. They are planing to sell the game on their own, and with this they can gain nothing but profit without a publisher in the way. We wanted to share our first thoughts about this game which we also wait to see its retail version.

The game is set after the events of heirless Calradic Emperor's died. The Empire is devided into three different regions. Bandits and gangs are trying to take advantage of this chaotic enviorment. As a player, we are going to re-unite or destroy the Calradia Empire.

Unlikely from Warband, game will be more focused on our character. But we must say there will be a lot of fighting too. There will be a diplomacy mode going to be implement to the game in the future and we can win land with our talking and not just with our swords.

We are not expecting any big change in the game mechanics. Afterall, TaleWorlds said that they will care about the improvments in the graphics more.

In the video that TaleWorlds showed us about Bannerlord, we did see a detailed character screen and a skill tree. Besides that, we were able to see more than one detailed and
historically accurate medieval places in the game. The places were very detailed and in a structure that really feels that atmosphere.

Although there is a lot of diversity in the map style in the game, Bannerlord is going to have a mod support as  the previous titles from TaleWorlds. TaleWorlds is also working on a modding tool that going to help the players to make their own modifications to the game. In the video we've watched, a TaleWorlds staff designing a map. And he did pretty easy and fast with that tool. And if that modding tools works as fast as the tool in the video, you can be sure that there will be lots of new modded Bannerlord maps.

Let's go back to graphics. TaleWorlds, is putting emphasis on facial animations. Which means that charachers in game are going to be angry, sad and happy, and you will be able too see that in their faces.

Besides the facial animations, the body animations of the characters in the game is also developing in a professional way. The movements and actions in the combat are prepared with reality. (They tried to say that animations made with the motion capture.)

Bannerlord, seem to peak the Mount & Blade legend. And we need to wait for the game. Our sincere thanks to TaleWorlds for showing us that people can "develope games" in Turkey.
Screens from the article:
1_1.jpg
1_3.jpg
1_2.jpg
1_4.jpg
1_5.jpg

M.ArdA said:
We are not expecting any big change in the game mechanics. Afterall, TaleWorlds said that they will care about the improvments in the graphics more.

Noo! I couldn't give two ****s about graphics if the game's mechanics aren't improved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom