Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read a few articles about Kingdom Come. That game is going to be so scripted, you will be playing the same siege battles each time you play through, boring.

That is all, carry on. 

The thing is though, there will be very few large battles anyway.

On oblivion it was fun setting bounties on random NPC's that either annoy you or are just unfortunate to be around.

Lumos said:
Bjorn Bearstrength said:
Oblivion was the best
Subjectively, of course. I, for one, couldn't stand the weightless feel of my character's movement, the weird beggars, the awful, filthy mudcrab dialogues repeating over and over again, and, of course, jumping on a rock and pumping a guard full of 50 arrows because if you don't play at the easiest "difficulty", everyone's got a quintillion hitpoints. Except you, of course.
Skyrim was a lot better. Too bad it didn't have Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart.
Sean Bean is a must for Bannerlord get on it Taleworlds

Oh man, is this really my chance to be the most hipster nostlgiac of the bunch?

Forget Skyrim. Oblivion was the absolute worst installment of the series. The terribly dull landscape that never dares beyond rolling green fields, the terrible level-scaling system that helped ruin RPGs, the terrible retconning down to making Cyrrodil a generic western fantasy landscape, terrible glitches at their worst, the terribly strange and lifeless NPC behavior, the terrible downward slope of downsized magic mechanics, and of course the terribly underdeveloped combat system.

Skyrim has its' problems, but for the things it got right it did damn well. Oblivion, however, was a lot of sloppy experimentation with no payoff that bastardized its own world out of fear of being too "different." The only nice thing I have to say is the questing was probably at its best in Oblivion. That's just based on opinion, though.

Morrowind is true messiah.

hirovard said:
Stoncius said:
BlackDevil2 said:
A : I doubt the mods for Pc work with consoles.
B : Consoles can't even handle vanilla Skyrim properly, graphic mods would f*ck your game up.

Xbox 360  Can handle Skyrim better then a 400$ PC.

Your forgetting that the xbox version would be optimised for the xbox as there is no real difference between them whilst the computers have many different configurations to take into account so it cannot be as optimised

You could play games better on an Xbox because its optimised and its way much cheaper then a PC. a PC that is equal to an Xbox 360 is around 450$ and and Xbox around 120$.

Gamer PCs are built for maximum quality and performance during gameplay. Since the xbox 360 is a gaming console, and its games need to be carefully adjusted to run smoothly, while the generic game PC(Most are around 700-800$) can run recent games on High/est settings. :razz:

Cookie Muncher said:
Gamer PCs are built for maximum quality and performance during gameplay. Since the xbox 360 is a gaming console, and its games need to be carefully adjusted to run smoothly, while the generic game PC(Most are around 700-800$) can run recent games on High/est settings. :razz:

The PS4 is like a 1000$ PC but it is optimized better and has better Graphics and FPS on all games that are running on a 1000$ PC!

I personally am not holding any grudges against consoles, really. We're just discussing whether or not a Playstation 4 can rival a custom-built PC for the sole purpose of gaming.

BlackDevil2 said:
wat. The ps4 can't even handle 1080p and 60fps, it's like a 400€ pc.

The PS4 has constant 60 fps and 1080p on most of the games it has its custom built by sony thats why its 400$ but it performs better then a 1000$ PC!

Doesn't mean it's better, cause I can do a load of other things on my PC which the PS4 can't (work, 3D editing, stuff like that), and hey, I'll be using that PC probably until the PS5 comes out, so it's quite a bit better as an investment... I believe.

Kellorkleft said:
Forget Skyrim. Oblivion was the absolute worst installment of the series. The terribly dull landscape that never dares beyond rolling green fields, the terrible level-scaling system that helped ruin RPGs, the terrible retconning down to making Cyrrodil a generic western fantasy landscape, terrible glitches at their worst, the terribly strange and lifeless NPC behavior, the terrible downward slope of downsized magic mechanics, and of course the terribly underdeveloped combat system.

Skyrim has its' problems, but for the things it got right it did damn well. Oblivion, however, was a lot of sloppy experimentation with no payoff that bastardized its own world out of fear of being too "different." The only nice thing I have to say is the questing was probably at its best in Oblivion. That's just based on opinion, though.

Amen, brother.
Though I do have to admit, the MW Cliff Racers were annoying at times almost all the time.

Stoncius said:
BlackDevil2 said:

The PS4 has constant 60 fps and 1080p on most of the games it has its custom built by sony thats why its 400$ but it performs better then a 1000$ PC!

Do you even know what you're talking about ? There is no AAA game with 60fps and 1080p for the consoles.

I'm just waiting for the typical peasant response " The humam eye can only see 30 fps anyway" or " 30 fps are on purpose, because it enhances the cinematic feeling"

Lumos said:
Doesn't mean it's better, cause I can do a load of other things on my PC which the PS4 can't (work, 3D editing, stuff like that), and hey, I'll be using that PC probably until the PS5 comes out, so it's quite a bit better as an investment... I believe.

Kellorkleft said:

Amen, brother.
Though I do have to admit, the MW Cliff Racers were annoying at times almost all the time.

Im saying its way better to play games on it and a lot cheaper.

BlackDevil2 said:
Stoncius said:
BlackDevil2 said:

Do you even know what you're talking about ? There is no AAA game with 60fps and 1080p for the consoles.

PC doesn't have games like Last of us, Halo, Call of Duty early DLC and Ryse, And I bet 1500$ PC cant handle 60 fps all the time a lot of games were optimised for the consoles so the look and play better then the PC.

Kellorkleft said:
Story and writing were far superior (since you've already mentioned questing), arguably the ''terribly strange and lifeless NPC behavior'' was exactly the same even way worse in Morrowind. I don't understand what you mean with the magic mechanics, maybe because I never really got into mage characters. Terrible glitches were a rule in Morrowind, as a matter of fact the NPC behaviour was very often weird and nonsensical thanks to glitches and bugs.

Stoncius said:
BlackDevil2 said:
Stoncius said:
BlackDevil2 said:

PC doesn't have games like Last of us, Halo, Call of Duty early DLC and Ryse, And I bet 1500$ PC cant handle 60 fps all the time a lot of games were optimised for the consoles so the look and play better then the PC.
With a 1500$ pc i could have a f*ucking gtx 780, with that I could run games at 120 fps you moron. Do the consoles have games like "insert any strategy game here or mmo's or the 1 milion Indie games"

Thats cute. you may have exclusives but so does PC. How many consoles have the total war series or Mount and blade?

How about this for exclusives? PC games have a vast amount more mods than any console. Even if you can mod a console game can you get a full overhaul or even essentially but a completely different game through mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom