Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scully said:
If you time your attacks/feints right it's impossible for an enemy to block them, and landing an attack sometimes doesn't interrupt the enemy. That's really the biggest fault of Chivalry.

It's just my opinion, but in some circumstances, like when you are landing a blow with a heavy weapon, even if you are hit, you shouldn't get interrupted. There should be some sort of "poise" (like in Dark Souls, but variable, as you're not always so susceptible to being stunned by a blow) that prevents you from being stunned wearing a heavy plate armour because someone has kicked you.

PD: Just my opinion

well as for me f.e. new engine could support decals, so we could see blood pools or blood stains after hit. For blood feud and bloodlust guys (like me  :oops:). Anyways it's not that important but I hate clear, unmessed ground after battle (only corpses).

Jock said:
Is naked Emma Watson included in the full version as well?
Oh Google, how thou holdest me dearly in thy mighty gripe; bysmorful display!
How I loath mine eyes for seeing what cannot be unseen.

Seriously though, you must be mistaking "Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord" with "Mounting Babes 2: Bonerlord"; both in open DreamBeta.

Yabloko said:
Scully said:
If you time your attacks/feints right it's impossible for an enemy to block them, and landing an attack sometimes doesn't interrupt the enemy. That's really the biggest fault of Chivalry.

It's just my opinion, but in some circumstances, like when you are landing a blow with a heavy weapon, even if you are hit, you shouldn't get interrupted. There should be some sort of "poise" (like in Dark Souls, but variable, as you're not always so susceptible to being stunned by a blow) that prevents you from being stunned wearing a heavy plate armour because someone has kicked you.

PD: Just my opinion
If they implement "proper" throwing weapons, with inertia and all, I could agree that should you kill an enemy who was going to crush you with a battle hammer, then his weapon should probably keep its momentum as it smashes into your face. However, in other cases, it would feel wrong I think. I have a hard time imagining anyone completing a swing after being stabbed.
I always considered "attack stun" to be an abstraction of the guy being attacked somehow defending himself (via recoil) so the attacker doesn't completely assassinate him.

Another option could be a form of power attack, berserker style: longer to swing back, longer to recover from a failed attack, it stuns whoever tries to block it, but any melee damage taken while swinging results in an instant death. That I wouldn't mind :twisted:

Can't wait for Mounting Babes 2: Bonerlord! I was a big fan of Mounting Babes: Whoreband.
Well I'm going on the DreamBeta now. *Yawn*

I didn't like 'Mounting Babes with Fire and a Sword' though, that's way too masochistic for me.

By the way, I heard something about 'Mounting Babes in the Caribbean', or was that just a joke?

Kaï Ikaram said:
I didn't like 'Mounting Babes with Fire and a Sword' though, that's way too masochistic for me.

By the way, I heard something about 'Mounting Babes in the Caribbean', or was that just a joke?
No it wasn't. Ukrainians strike again.

UPD: We can celebrate 4 months without any information about the game!

Tork789 said:
Kaï Ikaram said:

No it wasn't. Ukrainians strike again.

That means that they're working really hard or that they aren't working at all. Hooray!

Antar said:
Can't wait for Mounting Babes 2: Bonerlord! I was a big fan of Mounting Babes: Whoreband.
Well I'm going on the DreamBeta now. *Yawn*
ur ur :cool:

Yabloko said:
My biggest hope for Bannerlord is to be able to use catapults, and throw soldiers, and corpses, and everything you can find!
I'm also hoping for an overhaul of the overall physics system, which would allow for that sort of thing.
In the alpha video, the scene where a horseman is moving diagonally also shows a table full of items.
It's my wet dream that it serves to test throwing physics, and that it's not there solely to give a sense of scale and aesthetic cohesion.

Tork789 said:
I'll bring wine and chocolate; proportionally more of the former.

I guess that right now we can only hope that TW includes all that features, although seeing the great work they've done with M&B and Warband, I'm sure I won't be deceived when they show us their first trailer/beta/pictures of the game

If it don't have linux native client or don't work well in wine, i won't buy it. Would be pity as i played the franchise since days of Zendar.

About the combat system discussion from a few pages ago, and how M&B's combat system is better than Chivalry's: One idea I do like from Chivalry is the fact that you can't hold your block; that is, if you're going to block than you have to time it right, rather than just holding the block button down. That's a feature they could implement in the Bannerlord combat system.

Sir Arvondor said:
About the combat system discussion from a few pages ago, and how M&B's combat system is better than Chivalry's: One idea I do like from Chivalry is the fact that you can't hold your block; that is, if you're going to block than you have to time it right, rather than just holding the block button down. That's a feature they could implement in the Bannerlord combat system.
NO.
That's the whole point. It's what separates Mount & Blade from a Run-around-and-hit-things game.
Build on the current system. I haven't spent thousands of hours playing this game to think that it should follow Chivalry's style.
Holding blocks and attacks are of immense value to the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom