Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak English and I don't even know what a banneret is. Its not exactly a common English word... Its so uncommon that my spellchecker underlines it as a misspelled word.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Orion said:
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Change positions, now? I remember your arguments that ran along those lines. Is it now just correctness for correctness' sake?
No, my position is still the same, i.e. that Bannerlord is a poorly chosen title. As are Mount&Blade and Warband, for that matter. And I don't see what's wrong with correctness for correctness' sake. Being correct is a desirable state to be in. You might as well ask if I go to sleep every night just to get some sleep. Well yes, I do.

That's a weak analogy. Sleeping just for the sake of sleep isn't sufficient to warrant sleeping. You probably sleep for a variety of reasons, even if that reason is just "feeling sleepy." You don't seem to understand the phrase "X for the sake of X." You also don't seem to have any real continuity from your previous arguments on this subject, where you argued against the name Bannerlord from a business perspective. You said recently I was "reading too much into it," but I was only reading into it what you had said in the past. You're hopeless, and your little spiel about treating people like children that you keep repeating just shows how much of a condescending ******* you are. You don't give any counter-argument a chance, and just nitpick the little things, making your posts a series of trivial irrelevancies. **** off already.

findecanno said:
I speak English and I don't even know what a banneret is. Its not exactly a common English word... Its so uncommon that my spellchecker underlines it as a misspelled word.

It's not common now, but it used to be a title (similar to knight bachelor) of rank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_banneret

I had heard it before, but never knew precisely what it meant. Apparently, it's a knight who has the right to fight under his own standard, though it's square-shaped rather than tapered like those of higher rank.

findecanno said:

Beer are you serious?
Don't you remember KB rank in PRT.
Pls.

Also I came in hear thinking there was new info because the thread name was updated then I was disappointed =(
Maybe it would be a good idea for OP to put the date the last news was released in the title.

Oh FFS I haven't checked this thread in weeks and this sorry old tripe of a rant over the name is still going on. Bannerlord, AssLord who give a f**k?!?

I like Mount & Blade as well as Warband -contentwise. Ive thought about the name exactly once. Get over it.

psychopigeon said:
Why are the mods allowing these trolls to argue in this thread? You could delete all 197 pages and we would lose no information about the new game.

Because the children need something to discuss whilst they wait for updates. Confining such nonsense to certain threads stops the dreaded nonsense breach, and prevents it from spilling out all over the forums (which would cause a critical nonsense overload). Rest assured, when there's actual updated content for Bannerlord, such nonsense will be tolerated far, far less.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
psychopigeon said:
Why are the mods allowing these trolls to argue in this thread? You could delete all 197 pages and we would lose no information about the new game.

Because the children need something to discuss whilst they wait for updates. Confining such nonsense to certain threads stops the dreaded nonsense breach, and prevents it from spilling out all over the forums (which would cause a critical nonsense overload)
This thread is starting to look like the PW and NW board. Quarantine zone! :sad:

It's not the fault of the mods that the thread is going down-hill in quality :lol:

So long as people are being mostly civil and discussing something remotely related to Bannerlord, I'm not going to touch the thread, no matter how anal the conversation gets.

Orion said:
Sleeping just for the sake of sleep isn't sufficient to warrant sleeping.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
B9rFd.gif

Well I'm glad something of lasting value has come out of your mouth in the course of this conversation, though probably not in the way you intended it. :wink:
*chortle*

You don't seem to understand the phrase "X for the sake of X."
You don't seem to understand that I was lampooning your wanton misuse of it.

You also don't seem to have any real continuity from your previous arguments on this subject, where you argued against the name Bannerlord from a business perspective. You said recently I was "reading too much into it," but I was only reading into it what you had said in the past.
Well, some of those arguments were either subjective or things for which there was no evidence available either way. So yes, I concede they weren't very good. It's funny, really. You complain all the time that I'm stubborn and unwilling to change my mind, and when I do you complain about that too! :lol:

You don't give any counter-argument a chance.
True, but I don't see why I should go "oh, good point" when it isn't. Make a good point and I'll concede it. Make a fool of yourself and I'll mock you for it.

Your little spiel about treating people like children that you keep repeating just shows how much of a condescending ******* you are.
Also true, but that really shouldn't surprise you after all these years.

findecanno said:
And how often do you hear the word "mount"? Or "warband"? The fact that it's uncommon makes it cool, IMO.

I think if Taleworlds just drops the name "Mount&Blade" and uses the name "Bannerlord" instead of the whole title, it would be an awesome choice. Look at how much reaction it already gets just being a subtitle. :razz:

Pharaoh Llandy said:
It's not the fault of the mods that the thread is going down-hill in quality :lol:

So long as people are being mostly civil and discussing something remotely related to Bannerlord, I'm not going to touch the thread, no matter how anal the conversation gets.
Best moderator of Taleworlds' history IMO. I'd vote for you Llandy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom