Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
I think an ambush would be a good first screenshot. Rhodok crossbowmen doing an ambush on Swadian knights, with Nizar somewhere in the background.  :razz:
no no nooo!
you got it all wrong!
we need vaegirs ambushing swadian knights with drunk fat king harlaus leading the party with a cup of wine in is left hand and a bastard sword in his right's.

dia151 said:
nizar has always been my most trusted companion
Bunduk mine.
i hope we wont see the same heroes though. or at least, get new ones... i'm getting a bit tired of always seeing all the same faces sometimes

Why do you people even use companions?
I had them gathered once, in M&B 1.011, in one of my castles. I scoured the entire continent for heraldic armour, nordic helmets, iron greaves and scale gauntlets, because I wanted my court to wear the same gear. Then I put on that same gear, jumped on the table and made them all look at me, while taking a few screenshots in which I pretended to give them a speech.
I was really, really hyped for M&B in the old days... :smile:

Haven't used companions since. Though I think I recruited Marnid once. And gave him some padded cloth.

DanAngleland said:
They could have left it without a subtitle, like the original game. Still, though the Turkish name doesn't translate to a very natural English one, one gets a vague idea that a banner lord would be someone in command of many troops. The name is adequate in my opinion and will quickly become synonymous with the sequel, probably used in preference to 'M&B 2'.
That's just the thing, naturalness is required for a translation to be adequate. "Bannerlord" is too literal. They shouldn't have translated the words but rather the idea. It just... doesn't fill me with confidence, that's all. Kinda like reading a restaurant's menu and seeing things like "French freis" and "beef staek". It's not going affect the quality of the food, but it still creates a bad impression. Unprofessional is what I'd call it.

tialexandre said:
dia151 said:
nizar has always been my most trusted companion
Bunduk mine.
i hope we wont see the same heroes though. or at least, get new ones... i'm getting a bit tired of always seeing all the same faces sometimes
I've always liked the girls. Ymira, Matheld, and Klethi especially. I'd love to have them all back and learn more about them. Help Matheld reclaim her thanedom, hunt down the bandits that held Deshavi captive, etc. New companions are a must, but I don't see why at least a few of the old ones couldn't make a return.

Lumos said:
Why do you people even use companions?
Because they can provide your party with certain skills like pathfinding and spotting so that you don't have to waste points on them.

Obviously this is the source of the information we'll be getting, but just in case you like Microsoft Paint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EZ4KOaORI

The series will be focusing on news, but the channel is specifically catered for M&B and Total War.
Might be a good idea to follow :wink:

there's something i dont get here...
we're all talking of M&B II bannerlord. ok thats great but we forgot something...
we forgot Caribbeans!.

many of you guys maybe won't know what i'm talking about but the ones who do,im asking, where did it go?
it was supposed to come out THIS SEPTEMBER. what are we now? september 30th... something's wrong and i dont like it D:<

it seems to have vanished... not even a teaser trailer...

tialexandre said:
we're all talking of M&B II bannerlord. ok thats great but we forgot something...
we forgot Caribbeans!.

many of you guys maybe won't know what i'm talking about but the ones who do,im asking, where did it go?
it was supposed to come out THIS SEPTEMBER. what are we now? september 30th... something's wrong and i dont like it D:<

That's because most people don't care about that.

hey hey hey!
thats not true?!??
last time i checked, in the (now dead) Caribbeans! thread in the other games board, people were super excited to get this game... so yea... people do care

tialexandre said:
we forgot Caribbeans!.

Might be an idea to discuss that game in it's own existing thread, no reason to discuss it here. There is nothing 'dead' about the Caribbean thread either.

it being released in septemember was just a rumor(nobody even knows who started it), there was absoloutley no proof or even a hint that it was to be release dthis september.

in offical interviews, devs said this fall, and now its early fall so they got time

devs are russian, and russians never go chit chat about their projects, they just bam appear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom