Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'm quite worried about the game right now.

My main problem with Warband was that I felt that I had no impact on the world. Lords couldn't die. I couldn't gain scars or age. I couldn't have an heir whom I might play as when I died. Mods tried to remedy a couple of these things, but at the end of the day, they were just workarounds, as the engine heavily limited these additions.

I just felt like every game was a case of collecting all the best gear and companions, and fighting battle after pointless battle to paint the map in colour X. Lords didn't die, so I just recruited them all anyway. Prophesy of Pendor and Viking Conquest were good for adding the story, but once you finished it a couple of times taking different options, you were back to the core game again of endlessly trudging through the world to achieve absolutely nothing.

Maybe I've just been too influenced by Crusader Kings 2 and Game of Thrones, but I feel like in 2015, such games as Bannerlord should allow us to have more of an impact on the world. Even if the story has choices, it will still be the same story with the same choices, which will be boring after the second or third time, and we will be once more back to the pointless map painting, as your character becomes the greatest warrior the land has ever known, and then just repeating.

I was hoping that lord deaths, dynasties, inheritance and such was the direction they were heading in after adding marriage in Warband, but sadly it looks like this is not the case.

I love what they have done with the game so far, but if the core of the game is just going to be Warband with better graphics, physics, and a story, then I'm going to be disappointed.

DanAngleland said:
If that is what hiring top dollar voice actors gets you, then no thanks.

I don't think that single example is really that conducive to your argument. You wouldn't hire amateur programmers for your game so you shouldn't skimp on the professional voice artists either. It looks amateurish., and no, it's not something you can do in-house by divvying it up between the devs (as they seem to have done with marketing).

The weapon swinging animations look silly and hollywood/skyrim. I really hope those animations are placeholders because I think they are the same animations from Warband.

CaptainLee said:
did they recreate Benedict Cumberbatch at 0.52?

I'm pretty sure that was him. Seeing him growl like that cracked me up.

Honestly the game looks great, sure it has been ages since the announcement but it looks promising. I still play warband to this day, so If they can recreate that feeling then I'll be happy :smile:

Achaner said:
I was hoping that maybe they would rid away with the system that the campaign was played. With the constant riding around on a map until you run into someone or a place. But it looks like it's the same old thing. I know it was unrealistic to get rid of the entire system but perhaps change it up where it's much more attractive to play. From seeing that B-Roll footage, it doesn't look any different. I suppose we'll just have to see.

Yeah, I hate that map thing. My only hope is that there will be interesting mods with large scenes that allows exploring... and what about hunting or bandits hiding in the woods?

Slytacular said:
The weapon swinging animations look silly and hollywood/skyrim. I really hope those animations are placeholders because I think they are the same animations from Warband.
Well, the problem is, the game like Warband needs some telegraphed moves for gameplay reasons, so the sword swings have to be slightly over the top.

Also, in one dev blog there was slight nudge at inner politics among factions, so I guess it will be more like painting the world in X colour and keeping it X-ed. To be honest, I wouldn't say that player's actions lack impact on world or that the world itself isn't dynamic, but I guess it's only me.

And about the world map... it looks nice, pleasant and should be fun to explore. I have no idea how would you get rid of it, sometimes when I look at suggestions I feel like many people don't care about, imo, biggest appeal of M&B and that being dragging armies around the map and then throwing them at other armies.

If people hate the map thing, I guess you dont't like warband either then?
Because it's the same game, don't know why people expect it to throw away one of the games most iconic feature... That like expecting Assassins Creed to not use it's parkour/climbing mechanics.

It's still a mount & blade game, it was never historical accurate. So don't expect bannerlord to be.

And yeah the voices were pretty bad for longer conversations, for a few lines they are fine but lets hope main characters have good voices.

I'm just excited for the big map and castles to explore and siege.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
Are the two Gamescom video links working for anyone on the front page? They don't seem to be showing up for me.
There are three links in total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w66nHR7GTF4

Are these not working for you?

I love the world map! Still would have appreciated borders being drawn or names for forests, mountain ranges, rivers, etc. (as I suggested here), but it certainly looks much more beautiful than the old one.

Do not look here said:
Slytacular said:
Well, the problem is, the game like Warband needs some telegraphed moves for gameplay reasons, so the sword swings have to be slightly over the top.

Also, in one dev blog there was slight nudge at inner politics among factions, so I guess it will be more like painting the world in X colour and keeping it X-ed. To be honest, I wouldn't say that player's actions lack impact on world or that the world itself isn't dynamic, but I guess it's only me.

And about the world map... it looks nice, pleasant and should be fun to explore. I have no idea how would you get rid of it, sometimes when I look at suggestions I feel like many people don't care about, imo, biggest appeal of M&B and that being dragging armies around the map and then throwing them at other armies.
I agree, don't really get why some don't like the world map. If they did the Viking Conquest thing with some coolrandom locations on the map (Maybe improve a bit on it) this could be an awesome open world game with a bit of an exploration feel. There will probably be some political intrigue, you will most likely end up killing some king, which will make keeping the map 1 color harder and more interesting.

CLqswRRWcAAVpqf.png:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom