Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RabbleKnight said:
The game will probably release in 2017-18 and its fine.

It also took a long time to develop M&B the first. (5-6 years if i remember correctly).
Just have patience, it will come when its ready.
A lot of things changed from those days. Talewords has more employees and more $.
I think the game will be released in march-april 2016 (is only my opinion).

Ps. The game takes so much time to come out because they're totally recoding it. Next m&b games should take less time to come out.

What is the next estimation ? 2020 ? :grin:

I'm expecting 2015 first half, or second half at most, they may suprise us at the end of 2014 as well.

My observation ;

-Engine is pretty much done, they're just polishing it.

-Last time I asked devs about Campaign(almost 5 months ago) they said it was in testable condition, but lacked some stuff.

-Again 5 months ago they said Combat AI was not perfect yet but there was great progress.

-Again 5-6 months ago not all equipment was made and progress in  sounds were not at good level yet.

-They can play multiplayer, I didn't asked but its probably not completely done yet.

These were almost half a year ago, they surely made a lot of proggress by now.

I think the problem I and a growing number of gamers have with all of this is what we would rather have is incremental improvement of the game we already have. This game languishes with so little support that months after the Linux release it still has open bleeding wounds in the graphics. By 2018 one could hope some open source project would catch up and give us something that we could then maintain openly, probably for a fraction of the cost, but coders continue to hide behind intellectual property and insist they get paid repeatedly for work done than only getting paid WHILE they are WORKING on improvements to an existing product.

Companies get software as a service. The masses get software as a fish-hook.

Inanch-Bilge said:

I'm expecting 2015 first half, or second half at most, they may suprise us at the end of 2014 as well.
They probably will showcase Bonerlord at that event so it will probably come out AFTER the event.
----------------------v
JabdiMelborn said:
"E-Game Show" Ankara, 20-24 May 2015: ‪‎Taleworlds‬ is on exibitors list:...
http://t.co/4EVsHx2qWP

ciauz^^,
Jab

RabbleKnight said:
Didn't you heard?
There might/will be a new DLC for WB.
So...

Here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,314989.0.html

Thing is, I don't want another DLC, I want a new game with a new engine. A fresh start if you will. We've been playing on this engine for like 10 years now (beta versions in 2004), since Warband is using the same one as the first M&B, although maybe a bit moderated. :lol:

Inanch-Bilge said:

While it would be great if they did that, considering they haven't even said what the Warband DLC will be yet makes me think Bannerlord won't be released until well into 2015. If the DLC isn't a freebie, then they will want to give it some time to get plenty of sales before announcing the release date of Bannerlord.

Neither this is related to Bonerlord, dlc is developed by modders and probably offered by them to Taleworlds, most likely had no place in Taleworlds' schedule.

"Happy 27th september" ??
One of our forum members, Satanica, comes up with an interesting theory:
aproximate translation - "So I've got a theory about bannerlord launch. First time when bannerlord was announced unofficial was 27 september 2011, then officially on 27 september 2012. First blog came out on 27 september 2013 and first in-game video came out on 27 september 2014. Release date 27 september 2015?"
Too many coincidences to be just a random picked date :wink:

Possible but no guarentee, I mean if they're ready for release months before that date, I doubt they would wait for it.

cifre said:
"So I've got a theory about bannerlord launch. First time when bannerlord was announced unofficial was 27 september 2011, then officially on 27 september 2012. First blog came out on 27 september 2013 and first in-game video came out on 27 september 2014. Release date 27 september 2015?"
...That should mean that betatesting will start on early 2015...
...it sound good, i support your theory... :wink:

ciauz^^,
Jab

cifre said:
"Happy 27th september" ??
One of our forum members, Satanica, comes up with an interesting theory:
aproximate translation - "So I've got a theory about bannerlord launch. First time when bannerlord was announced unofficial was 27 september 2011, then officially on 27 september 2012. First blog came out on 27 september 2013 and first in-game video came out on 27 september 2014. Release date 27 september 2015?"
Too many coincidences to be just a random picked date :wink:

I think everyone has tought of that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom