Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madhal said:
Only there will be a new DLC. Nothing about what.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,313636.0.html
This is not fair. I try and sever my connections with this game, at least for a bit, and the devs pull a new patch, DLC and more modding operations on me.
Damn it.

Cookie Muncher said:
Lumos is alive and well in the secret underground LumoCorp Ltd. vault shelter.
*cough* Fixed it for you.
Bunker 17, and it's pretty barren here. There was this massive pile of missiles in 15, so I couldn't hang out there, where my actual secondary office is. :/

Antar said:
Warband has something similar to that. If you look at people from a certain distance they have lower res textures and low poly models. Then if you get closer you can see the better textures/models pop in. You can probably notice it better with trees.

This is called "level of detail" (LOD) I think.

Pilum said:
Antar said:
Warband has something similar to that. If you look at people from a certain distance they have lower res textures and low poly models. Then if you get closer you can see the better textures/models pop in. You can probably notice it better with trees.

This is called "level of detail" (LOD) I think.

Yes. And I meant, when they are behind me, hence on the screen.

Depends how well it's done. In some early 90s (mostly racing) games, entire trees and even forests would rotate, meaning that if you stood underneath, it'd spin around like crazy. But in most modern games, it's usually hidden by a slew of other techniques, if it's there at all. Napoleon total war is the most recent game I can think of off the top of my head that still uses audience of trees.

Leonemo said:
momcilo94 said:
jacobhinds said:
Including "audience of trees", as my sister calls it, where the leaf/grass planes turns to face you as you move.

Oh man I hate that stuff >.<

Does it seem realistic?

Realistic my ass, it's an immersion breaker for me, better to put low res models and textures if you're aiming for performance imo. I think Risen 1 did this, first I thought I was imagining things then I was like wtf bush stop staring at me. But, it's a good game so I forgave it xD

Leonemo said:
Meevar the Mighty said:
twdd_artist_incubator.png

Will they implement ravens? :grin:

This would be a nice (if a little grim) touch actually. Have  crows/ravens that come to settle on the corpses at the end of a battle. Then practice your throwing weapons skill Jagged Alliance 2 style.

kraggrim said:
Leonemo said:
Meevar the Mighty said:

Will they implement ravens? :grin:

This would be a nice (if a little grim) touch actually. Have  crows/ravens that come to settle on the corpses at the end of a battle. Then practice your throwing weapons skill Jagged Alliance 2 style.

Haha, yes. It would make it more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom