Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason L. said:
Carrying 5 apples can't be the same as carrying 5 cucumbers. I don't know why someone can think otherwise...It is more realistic to put a restriction on how many 2 handed weapons one can carry than to consider that a dagger takes the same space as a two handed weapon.... My suggestions :
A) 1) One two handed weapon or polearm and only
    2)One regular sword or one handed axe or mace.
    3) One bow or crossbow with ammunition
    4)One shield
  5)One short sword or Dagger or knife .
It is the standard arms recommended for the Byzantine soldier of both infantry or cavalry by Emperor Leo 6th the Wise in his "Stratigikon"
B) Alternative: Give 5 slots and make two handed weapon occupy two of them.....   
Edit:
C) Make available two inventories , one for small objects and one for bigger ones with four slots either one.

I like your idea on the restrictions on the slots, so certain combinations will not be possible depending on the sheating position. So when you are carrying a large bag with javelins, you can't also have a 2h-er on your back.

I'd like to see this combined with unsheatable weapons like cRPG has. For example lances or large pikes. You will start equipped with them but when you change weapon, you drop it on the ground instead of sheating it.

And I'd also like to see two slots on horses for some weapons and shields. So no slot for a lance, but for some extra arrow, a mace or a shield etc.

Mister Polifax said:
RyanCol said:
VonTawast said:
Jason L. said:
I said something about different dimensions of objects, that you didn't notice and about ingumbrance also. Thanks in advance for your jentile attention .....

So you mean there would be more than 4 weapon slots and each would be for a different weapon size. So now if I wanted to carry two 2-handed swords (would be perfectly fine IRL) I couldn't, because the size restrictions for each slot would limit me to only carrying one 2-handed sword, how would that still be more realistic?

Encumbrance simply wouldn't make up for extra weapon slots either, because the encumbrance system is solely based on weight. In real life, a dagger would hardly add on any noticeable weight, however it still could get in your way when you're doing stuff.

But what kind of idiot would carry two different 2 handed swords
A Witcher, obviously.

+1

and I second Jason's A solution...

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Duel Wielded Schimitars

Dual wield sword/axes is the important matter. We'll see if they put that mech..
And.. two questions...

1 Will troops deployment be implemented "like" that new Caribbean! ? :razz:

2 You people know more history than me.... Is there any kind of warrior that used dual wield maces? .-. just curious.

Hitlands Silver Sword said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Duel Wielded Schimitars

Dual wield sword/axes is the important matter. We'll see if they put that mech..
And.. two questions...

2 You people know more history than me.... Is there any kind of warrior that used dual wield maces? .-. just curious.

Dual wielding in battle? No.

Not again. Please stop.
Please.

The Bowman said:
Hitlands Silver Sword said:
Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Duel Wielded Schimitars

And.. two questions...

Dual wielding in battle? No.

Not again. Please stop.
Please.

I know, I know... somehow I like the idea, but... people would spam dual wielding... and game would become repetitive. As I said...We'll se what happen.

Would you stop playing bannerlord if they add dual wielding with correct restrictions? Like, only 1 faction, 2 weapon slots, no OP...

Dual wielding is highly practical in duels and smaller scale individual-centric combat.  But of course like all weapons it requires it's own form of training and in it's case unless you're able to eventually kick the habit of having one dominate hand you're going to suffer a lot because of it.

For mount and blade, I can't really make up my mind if it deserves to be implemented.

On one hand battles are large scale. (However the combat system means that individual strengths are still very effective, but even more so when working in a group)

On the other hand there's tons of times where you're fighting 1 or just a handful of enemies (tournaments, bandit hideouts, ambushes in towns, etc)

It would completely undermine the mouse-direction-determines-attack/block combat system. The entire point of dual wielding would be to attack in two directions and with the MB combat system that isn't practical.

Also, I like the idea of having separate weapon types for each slot. It would fit well too, considering that the game is set in an almost byzantine-esque era and those logistics are provided by a byzantine emperor in a byzantine book

aekilju said:
Dual wielding is just.....no.

Like at all, no matter how it's implemented. It makes no sense and it's completely impractical.

In medieval times, they may have thought the same thing about flying a rocket to the moon. You seem hopelessly jealous of medieval people's dual wielding prowess and it's unconfirmed whether you are able to console yourself with the fact you can send ridiculous messages all over the world with a click of a button.

MickDick said:
On one hand battles are large scale. (However the combat system means that individual strengths are still very effective, but even more so when working in a group)

Yeah, M&B has something between heroic and organised combat, but it tends toward the former. It's hardly a streamlined military machine where every troop is optimally arrayed for war or behaves with any semblance of teamwork.

I very much doubt that any standard issue panoply in medieval Europe contained two maces. There are various sets of clubs used in Asia.

In English Inter F.C. it's called Inter Milan that can be a little bit confusing (with our poor cousins, AC Milan).

In Talewolrlds must be all fans of WES  :lol:

Even if it is historically semi-accurate it would not fit into the M&B combat system, as it would require attacking/blocking in two different directions in order to be semi-useful. It owuld require a complete rework of the basis of M&B combat, which the developers would very likely not do given the strength and relative intuitivity of the system.

Fine..........................

ELEPHANTS

4232861316_close_up_elephant_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Sir_Newton said:
Even if it is historically semi-accurate it would not fit into the M&B combat system, as it would require attacking/blocking in two different directions in order to be semi-useful. It owuld require a complete rework of the basis of M&B combat, which the developers would very likely not do given the strength and relative intuitivity of the system.

I'm not arguing for its implementation because modders can do it later if its really desired.
But I think a duel wield system can be implemented with only adding a single extra button / keybind; Heres what I'm thinking both weapons do same attacks according to mouse movement however! The extra button ''locks'' the left handed weapon to a attack if pushed so it will do same directional attack everytime until locked on another.

Example: I have two one handed swords in each hand I use my mouse now to attack and both swords to same directional attack. But now I click the specific button and the left sword is locked on one directional attack which I can change by holding my standard attack and pressing the specific button.

Or can't both swords do same directional attack all the same?

EDIT: And a reset button perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom