Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God would I ever love to have flail-type weapons in Bannerlord, though I expect that'd be near impossible to implement properly with the physics and all.

On a similar note, having slings would also be pretty bad-ass.

When it comes to flails, that is something that Chivalry did very well.  I don't see why TaleWorlds can't do the same.  ALso the Heavy Flail is my go to weapon on Chivalry! :grin:

Juvenile said:
What this soldier has wrapped around his wrist and fingers? (Only jewelries? I don't believe this. This is not Taleworlds.)
And the bag on his belt - looks like it is full with small round objects. It is safe to assume that in Bannerlord proper slingers will replace peasants rock throwers.
9ml4.jpg
I could be wrong thought...The other possibility is that this is full bag of plums.  :mrgreen:

P.S. Everything we deduced so far:
-horse armor--->horse encumberance
-saddles--->riders being draged down of their horses and restricted lance couching
-spier bracing
everything is pointing that the develpers are looking for a way to make middle level infantry more viable and heavy cavalry not so overpowered.
So if there are slingers in Bannerlord, their range and damage will be probably  very low (thus useless), so I will make another wild guess and will say that they will have some kind of skirmish AI to compensate this.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

deutrino said:
Juvenile said:
What this soldier has wrapped around his wrist? And the bag on his belt - looks like it is full with small round objects. It is safe to assume that in Bannerlord proper slingers will replace peasants rock throwers.
9ml4.jpg
I could be wrong thought...The other possibility is that this is full bag of plums.  :mrgreen:

For you low-borns on this forum, this is not a soldier, it's a commander. :razz:
You can very well judge it by the rings on his fingers. There is no way on Earth for a simple soldier to have those.

The Bowman said:
deutrino said:
Juvenile said:
What this soldier has wrapped around his wrist? And the bag on his belt - looks like it is full with small round objects. It is safe to assume that in Bannerlord proper slingers will replace peasants rock throwers.
9ml4.jpg

For you low-borns on this forum, this is not a soldier, it's a commander. :razz:
You can very well judge it by the rings on his fingers. There is no way on Earth for a simple soldier to have those.

If you're referring to roman soldiers then he is a soldier.  Soldiers kept their swords on their right hand side, only officers were allowed swords on their left side.

.łłôïgTbûrçh

He has a cross on his forehead. It's possible he is a replacement for that Jesus guy we sometimes see hanging around. Would be a pretty welcome improvement afaik.

Deutrino, your deductions are hilarious. I hope the saddle also MEANS FOR CERTAIN that we can jump from horse to horse now!

If it were plums, why would the dagger be on top? Wouldn't it slow down his plum eating in battle?

You think I am serious about the plums and the peasants???
:shock: :shock:  :shock: "The wonders of the Internet will never cease."

In a vague hope that you aren't trolling I will try to point the obvious:

Warband is game about medieval combat. Everything that improves the general gameplay in that respect is not "hilarious" but "very likely" and "very wellcomed". Specially small logical changes, with big impact on the gameplay. (SP&MP)

Red Dead Redemption is a game about cowboys. Everything that improves the general gameplay in that respect is also likely and logical. So you can post your assumption that "we can jump from horse to horse now" on their forum and you probably will be right.

I feel dumb when you make me point this....
Do I need to mention now that they are two compleatly different games or do I have to write a VERY long post for this too?  :evil:

(wow, this thread has returned to topic again somehow)

I was actually serious about the horse jumping. :razz:

More pressing though, I wonder what that guy has up his conspicuously suspicious sleeves?

Deutrino might be able to confirm whatever it is and what it means for the game as a whole, but until then we can just speculate. I feel that the sleeves could form part of a protective shroud for an underlying t-shirt, maybe with something like "I killed thorn" on it. If that holds true, we will probably see a huge AI improvement, so pull your socks up.

Sarcastic... Never would have guessed.

What part of "small logical changes, with big impact on the gameplay" is so hard to understand?

Yes, it is speculative. Still?

I must say the game's graphics are already looking amazing (with the exception of the horse), and considering the screenshots were taken during pre-alpha makes it even more exciting. Now what I'm worried about is the animations and physics, I really hope they're a lot more fluid and smoother than what Warband's animations and physics were.

RafaelCruz said:
Brador said:
BR?? Huehuehuehue!
From what you said, I guess you're from... Bolivia, maybe?

God damn... yeah, Brazillian here.

No HUE though, there's too much BR BR HUE HUE HEAL PLZ LULZ, around the internet for me to perpetuate this...
Yeah, agreed, let's keep things polite here.

Hey, do you remember the June's Protests, specially the days in Minas Gerais when the mounted police charged against the angry peasants citizens? And then the people, after running from them, charged back and put the cavalrymen to run for safety? I talked about it with a friend and we were like: "Dude, this is so Mount&Blade!". :lol:

Remembering this made me think about the battle AI of the game, small groups charging against big groups and never retreating (fighting to death), and how mobs never surrender (7 looters should surrender instead of fighting a king's army). I'm sure these situations will be improved.

Or they could be snails. He could be a frenchmen.
On a side note, am the only one worried about Bannerlord getting to big? Look at skyrim. They throw in so much stuff they got the basics wrong.

Never claimed it was. Oblivion was even worse than skyrim (other than the scenery)

Thuro said:
Or they could be snails. He could be a frenchmen.
On a side note, am the only one worried about Bannerlord getting to big? Look at skyrim. They throw in so much stuff they got the basics wrong.

Erm, what stuff?

You mean scrapping the classes, magic crafting and some other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom