Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm a little disappointed. The engine has been slightly improved, some models and textures are a little bit better, but that's all. I don't see big difference with Warband. What's more they kept some old Sarranid stuffs, and the old weird style of map with small unrealistic mountains for the borders, which was one of the big negative point of Warband. Only the beautiful Roman style buildings made me happy.
I don't know if this game deserve that I go on moddeling, given the time it takes.

See Taleworlds? This is what you get for doing good. People expect you to do faaaar better next time. Like women after an incredible date in a classy restaurant and a walk in the park or the beach. Yeah.

Al_Mansur said:
Honestly I'm a little disappointed. The engine has been slightly improved...I don't know if this game deserve that I go on moddeling, given the time it takes.

I see tons of engine improvements that will make it far more desirable for artists. Cubemaps, self-shadowing, proper point light and realtime-shadow support, high-res shadow maps, etc etc. Not sure what you're looking at, but you're obviously not looking at it from a modder's perspective.

I took a new look at the screenshots, and actually my last comment wasn't fair. It is far better than Warband. But there are still two things that worry me: the Warband like maps with awful borders, and the characters (they somewhat don't follow the quality of the rest).

Al_Mansur said:
I took a new look at the screenshots, and actually my last comment wasn't fair. It is far better than Warband. But there are still two things that worry me: the Warband like maps with awful borders, and the characters (they somewhat don't follow the quality of the rest).

As a lot of people have said and noticed, they used placeholders in many cases, so we can expect much better updates as the time goes on.

As for myself, I see that they didn't even touch the border system that much. This tells that they'll do something about it later.

The Bowman said:
As a lot of people have said and noticed, they used placeholders in many cases, so we can expect much better updates as the time goes on.

As for myself, I see that they didn't even touch the border system that much. This tells that they'll do something about it later.

If they keep the same borders, I hope that we could at least change it for realistic ones, without problems. When I replaced Warband's borders by realistic sized mountains, they disappear from a certain distance:
http://hapshack.com/images/tPM8l.jpg
Very annoying...

Lord_Kramuk said:
error.jpg

Aliens confirmed!

Is this a fake? Cause if this is true it's going to be ****ing epic

Raven (Gothia) said:
Adorno said:
Raven (Gothia) said:
Well, let's hope they do something about the world map at least.  :smile:
I'm curious about the battlefields. Town/village scenes can be detailed and interesting to look at.
The battlefields on the other hand often look empty and boring in Warband.

Well, yes that's true i think. In Warband the only battlefields where you would actually find buidlings would be in a siege or when looting a village. It would be awesome to have buildings around the battlefield sometimes, especially if you can go into them.

But what would you expect to see in a battlefield? Apart from tree and grass I can't imagine what can you find out in the wild, although I'd like to see battles in a dense forest.

Yabloko said:
Raven (Gothia) said:
Adorno said:
I'm curious about the battlefields. Town/village scenes can be detailed and interesting to look at.

Well, yes that's true i think. In Warband the only battlefields where you would actually find buidlings would be in a siege or when looting a village. It would be awesome to have buildings around the battlefield sometimes, especially if you can go into them.

But what would you expect to see in a battlefield? Apart from tree and grass I can't imagine what can you find out in the wild, although I'd like to see battles in a dense forest.

I'd like to see wild animals running around the battlefield, scattering as armies march towards each other and eventually collide.

N0body said:
Yabloko said:
Raven (Gothia) said:
Adorno said:

I'd like to see wild animals running around the battlefield, scattering as armies march towards each other and eventually collide.

Yep. Id also like that the battles wont be just one big blob. You know. I want it to feel like a real battle, a bit chaotic. You have just a killed an enemy, and you look around you. You see death. You see your soldiers dying, you see fighting, arrows flying, horsemen charging. I want to hear warcrys, insults, more death anims, overall better anims to feel more immersive. I want bigger battles that stretch out to make it more immersive.

mr.master said:
N0body said:
-snip-

Yep. Id also like that the battles wont be just one big blob. You know. I want it to feel like a real battle, a bit chaotic. You have just a killed an enemy, and you look around you. You see death. You see your soldiers dying, you see fighting, arrows flying, horsemen charging. I want to hear warcrys, insults, more death anims, overall better anims to feel more immersive. I want bigger battles that stretch out to make it more immersive.

Yeah. That'd be perfect.

Bloodier, grittier and larger battles. I'd also love a quiet before the storm with two or more armies, standing from afar, watching each other, waiting for the first move. Then the charge, the screaming and shouting of war cries as men charge to their deaths, or the deaths of their foes.

If they added in some brutal animations, akin to what you see in Total War or Skyrim, where finishing moves are preformed, that'd be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom