Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Lust said:
We have a huge amount of appreciation for our modding community and honestly, we see providing good tools as a staple of PC gaming. That being said, it's not something we take for granted and realistically, our main focus is on making a good game.

The new editor is something we could probably give details about pretty soon. For now I'll say that it's definitely a lot more advanced than the old one. It feels a lot more like a coherent tool or piece of software, rather than the barebones editor in Warband. Functionality is greatly improved and... we have "undo".

Hi captain i had 2 questions if i may ask

Will you be giving a M&B tools like OpenBrf to the community ?

You know tolls to edit the brf contents like meshes , view animations and edit materials and such..

Mount&Blade had a exporter addon for Blender 2.49b will there be one for 2.6+ ?

Thanks

YourStepDad said:
Mr.Milker said:
Standard beta what you purchase for money (aka "early access") would be good. Many of the great mods of old happened when the game was in beta, many modders honed their skills and knowledge of the module system in those beta days.

It's nothing to do with elitism or whatnot. TW gets a bit of money in beta sales and modders get additional time to poke around the inner workings of the game. Everyone wins.

I will preorder you a copy if you get rid of that avatar. :sad:

Sorry, I'm quite fond of it actually. Fits my current persona on here much better.
Thanks for the otter, but I have my own moniez to spend, believe it or not. :wink:

M.ArdA said:
@Captain Lust:
I don't care about "undo". All we need is "Loot All", "Upgrade All", "Buy All" and "Sell All". Thanks.
honestly with ctrl click I never really felt like doing any of that was a problem in Warband. loot all, buy all and sell all seem fairly useless as far as I'm concerned too. In any case the UI is a pretty big leap forward from the previous games in terms of usability and design.

YII7 said:
Captain Lust said:
We have a huge amount of appreciation for our modding community and honestly, we see providing good tools as a staple of PC gaming. That being said, it's not something we take for granted and realistically, our main focus is on making a good game.

The new editor is something we could probably give details about pretty soon. For now I'll say that it's definitely a lot more advanced than the old one. It feels a lot more like a coherent tool or piece of software, rather than the barebones editor in Warband. Functionality is greatly improved and... we have "undo".

Hi captain i had 2 questions if i may ask

Will you be giving a M&B tools like OpenBrf to the community ?

You know tolls to edit the brf contents like meshes , view animations and edit materials and such..

Mount&Blade had a exporter addon for Blender 2.49b will there be one for 2.6+ ?

Thanks
I'm not sure what exactly will get released in that regard.

Looks like we got better communication now. :razz:

Regardng the UI, did it see major changes on the party window? The whole community was complaining tat it's too complex and you have to get through too many (dialogue) windows in order to manage your troops, especially companions.

I would not doubt it.

Also why not just make beta available to everyone? Not just modders... Why not have a pre-order option where you get to test out the game?

The Bowman said:
Thane Delphi said:
What is wrong with twelve year olds if they can get the job done?

The problem is that they cannot get the job done. Early teens have too many expectations and their motivation quickly dries out. I wish there was a special submitting form for modules, which would have to be accepted by administrators/moderators, so you wouldn't be able to make a mod thread without prsenting WIP.

But everyone starts somewhere you know. You can't be a expert the first time you try something.
I think it's good the kids and the teens tries it, they might get better and make something awesome in the long run :smile:

Captain Lust said:

Does the new editor make you able to see how the units you have made will look without entering the game?

Captain Lust said:
Functionality is greatly improved and... we have "undo".
Vakpe.jpg

I asked for this.

I'm liking all the information we're getting. :razz:

About free copies: I'm certain that nobody is going to get any. Giving a free copy, even to a "well-known and respected" modder may not be the best of ideas, as you have no guarantee they will want/have time to make mods on it. Purchasing the game will instead allow that person to do whatever they want with no drawbaks to the devs.
About an early closed beta for providing feedback on modding stuff: This sounds like a good idea. Would probably be even better if there aren't only modders involved but dedicated SP and MP players as well, each of which could present feedback about their specific "field of operations".
About an early access option (i.e. buying the game and getting into the beta as a result): While I'm not a fan of the idea itself, it could be useful. Don't know.

About more info about the modding language: Yes please, I think that would be awesome. Even better if it comes along with a general description of how the modding framework is going to look and operate. I don't think any "tutorials" are going to be necessary though. I'm certain that having a background in M&B modding will be enough for one to know the general working mechanics of everything, as I'm thinking that the underlying principles are probably similar to what they are now. Any (inevitable) changes from the current "style" of the ModSys are probably going to be a piece of cake to understand and get into, if you've got any experience in programming whatsoever.
Of course, I could be totally wrong and the new ModSys-equivalent could feel as alien as the Sphere in Michael Crichton's novel of the same name. Though I doubt it. :grin:

If there was going to be a paid beta I would prefer it to be completely open. Something just doesn't sit right about having a closed beta and inviting people to take part in it then asking them to pay for it.

I do think it would be a good idea to get modders and other content producers in on the earlier batches of beta keys though, for modders they will need time to learn the tools and how the new game works. For content producers (i.e. people who make videos) they are likely to do positive advertising for bannerlord through producing content.

In my own case I would be happy to produce some multiplayer maps with the new tools or maybe an admin mod (depending on if one was needed).

The original warband beta had both a singleplayer and multiplayer release where most people only had access to the multiplayer. This made sense in my opinion since it forced some people to test out the multiplayer part, where I am sure lots of players would have just started playing singleplayer otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom