Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GlorvalhirSRB said:
But seriously people, what are you talking about ?
Is this some kind of "we're gonna talk so much about it that they have to listen to us" secret agreement  :?:

I think game developer's policies toward their consumer-producers is an interesting topic, so I talk about it because I feel like it. However, considering the Mount & Blade series' relationship with modifications (i.e., they are critical), it is appropriate that the topic would come up. The most recent comment in this thread came from MadVader, a person responsible for one of the largest, most popular modifications. The discussion isn't binding, but it isn't ridiculous, either. Like many things in this somewhat-of-a-threadnought, it is simply one of the many things being discussed at a given time.

Edit: I think a theme in this thread has been that you can criticize something you love. There are some cynics, and they are some idealists; however, fans, consumers, and consumer-producers can provide feedback–some of which is critical–while being supporting of the developer's efforts. Does it matter what they think? Yes and no. This thread won't change history, but Taleworlds has demonstrated that it is sensitive to feedback; what people say matters here.

I think what pulled the oomph off me was the familiar scene props with some nicer shaders and details on them. I am not a huge fan of the grass texture in one, something about it looks almost too detailed that the flatness of it on none ground stands out, though I'm very partial to raised grass even though it usually hits performance hard.

The shiny puddle on the one looks cool as hell, along with the face details on the scared guy and the details of the horse. The one shot with the horse looking over the fence has my hopes up for a lot of horse like idle animations, random flicking tails, head tossing and looking around etc.

Truth is I am with others here, I really want the game to have more animations and sound effects and just look more fluid.

Really I want to see a better UI all around, auto sorting inventory or hell even abstractions of how much food and trade goods you have. A way to shuffle companion loot and skills around without using the dialog options, maybe less lists of menus and more designed interfaces for things. There is just a lot of tedium and clicking to get things done in game that could be streamlined.

The other huge aspect is ai behavior and battle types, I know some mods have made huge strides in that department, but still you get a lot of ai infinitely chasing you or getting stuck on scenery and boundaries.

Anyway it's all been said before, but some animation and sound improvements, new assets etc, but really, make the game bigger, more to do, and more believable ai. While I'm dreaming how about some more ways to bash skulls in multiplayer :wink:

MadVader said:
Active people with released, popular mods and Docm30. :smile:

Good call. :lol:

Really though, I don't think a free key is the best thing TW could give modders. Tools and support are far more valuable and far more appropriate.

I'm sure you can covertly pressure a fan into buying a game for you, but they will never make you mod tools or give you information about the game engine. :razz:

Folms said:
txvp.jpg

I'm thinking the Eagle is the symbol of the Empire, but the victorious successor state (Sarranid Sultinate) claims it.

The successors are not neccessarily successors in the Hellenistic sense. They are more probably successors in the post-Byzantine sense. The claimants of Rome (The Empire) included the Seljuqs and Ottomans (Sarranids), the Holy Roman Empire (Swadia) and Orthodox Muscovy (Vaegirs).

We also have mercenary companies (Rhodoks), nomads (Khergits) and bandits (bandits).

Nords are recent arrivals in M&B and Warband Calradia, but who knows how long after this game those are set. It could easily be less than a lifetime (which would explain all of the Nords we're seeing).

diessa said:
I'd be surprised if Taleworlds doesn't reach out to some of the most established modification producers at some point during closed testing. There are some people in the modification community, both single player and multi-player, who have had professional standards for their work. It'd be a good way to extend their QA capacity, and it'd help build relationships among their content creators, who are the people who help the product survive and prosper for years.

Edit: elitism doesn't factor in here; I think it is better for the question to be asked, "who do you want to help your game be successful?" That wouldn't put a time limit or popularity count on people. Whomever TW would think could be, firstly, worth mailing the NDA to and setting up services for would be good and, secondly, able to contribute to their QA. It'd be easy to look at some of the top competitive teams for capable multi-player balance and gameplay testers, and you could look to some of the most influential mods for people to help bolster single-player. There is no shortage of consistent, invested talent in this community.
*cough*zephilinox*cough

How about no one gets the game free? At most, modders could get a bit earlier access but they would still need to buy the game.

Meevar the Mighty said:
Nords are recent arrivals in M&B and Warband Calradia, but who knows how long after this game those are set. It could easily be less than a lifetime (which would explain all of the Nords we're seeing).
They're pretty much stablished on Warband timeframe. I think they will be newcomers in BL. Nords must be in the game!

Antar said:
How about no one gets the game free? At most, modders could get a bit earlier access but they would still need to buy the game.
Reasonable to me.

Antar said:

Really, we don't need early access.

What we need is for TW to reveal what language will be used to mod- will it still be the mod sys, (the interview in the OP says otherwise) or a different programming language? They should say, so we know what we should be trying to learn. :smile:

Antar said:

Agreed, modders shouldn't get any special privileges just because they're special snowflakes.

Besides, there's no way a modder is going to start modding Bannerlord in the time TW would give them a key, they get acquainted with the mechanics, and then the game gets released. There's also no guarantee that the modder will be so gracious as to actually even mod the game, and instead **** off  and disappear for awhile.

The ONLY people who should get a free key is whoever TW goddamn feel should get one. Lust's dog? Vincenzo? Docm? Their decision, but they shouldn't be entitled to extend it to every dog, Blueberry, or bigtime modders.

Why is everyone so hellbent on getting the game early? Let alone for free? Don't you want to support Taleworlds?

The game will probably be cheaper in comparison to most games these days anyway, and if everyone gets the game as soon as it's ready then that would be best. Why would you let modders have an earlier, less polished build and then give a fixed version to players later? Mods would be incompatible with the new build, so the point would be completely moot. What else are you gonna do, have a release date for the finished game for modders then delay the release for normal players? That's obscene.

Just because you happen to be able to mod the game (hell, I can mod the games, and I don't care), doesn't give you any special priveledges. Any idiot can learn to do it, does that give any idiot the right to the game for free? Of course not. Stop being so entitled, be patient, and pay Taleworlds for their hard work.

What cwr wrote was
cwr said:
Antar said:

What we need is for TW to reveal what language will be used to mod- will it still be the mod sys, (the interview in the OP says otherwise) or a different programming language? They should say, so we know what we should be trying to learn. :smile:

You're missing the point entirely. The purpose of giving modders early access is so they can give highly valuable feedback to the developers. Feedback about modding and engine features that a non-modder is incapable of giving. That will improve the game for anyone that plays a mod (which is most people).

Why are you so opposed to someone getting the game early? it will only serve to benefit you.

Thane Delphi said:
What cwr wrote was
cwr said:
Antar said:

I can see that, and I agree wholeheartedly. This would have modders actually using their time properly rather than just an excuse to play the game early for their own benefit.

Obviously, some people will disagree.

Docm30 said:
Why are you so opposed to someone getting the game early? it will only serve to benefit you.

You're right I suppose. MAKE AN EARLY RELEASE FOR MODDERS!!!

But seriously, I think it's kind-of silly. I would rather be figuring out how to mod Bannerlord than beta testing.

What if they made an early release of the new scene editor or something? That would be good.

Docm30 said:
I don't think anyone was suggesting that modders in general get it, but rather valuable and respected members of the modding community.

Which brings me back to my elitism point. :lol:

Well that would be (sorry if I left anyone of the list it was just an oversight)

Madvader
Dunde
Lumos
Ca'ba Drin
Swyter
Belendor
Somebody
Docm30

Added docm

If we're going to allow people to early beta test, we're going to need more than just the modders. Gotta have a decent pool of people to play test both the game and the mods.  :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom