SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarvisimo

Grandmaster Knight
jShoL.png

Alrighty folks, our very own forum is now set up. It'd be great if we could head off over there, as then we aren't encroaching on Taleworlds' legality. Make an account and feel free to post. It's a work in progress but it's there - just expect regular changes and updates so take it with a pinch of salt. Cheers guys, I look forward to seeing you there!
http://theveiledstars.thewolfstar.co.uk/index.php

Previews and Dev Diary

Mod Discussion

ModDB
YouTube
Subreddit

Merge with X mod!

I am very aware that there are a few Lotr mods out there. However, I don't want to merge, join, or differ to them. This is for several reasons.
a) I love modding, and this is something I've always wanted to do.
b) The other mods are rather unprofessional. Spelling mistakes, lore mistakes, and bad management. I'm English myself, so that solves the first issue. I've read all the books, (and watched the films of course), so I know the lore. I've read Tolkien's other works such as the Silmarillion, and several other books about Middle Earth of which I can't remember the name. As for management... I guess we'll have to see how I do, eh?
c) Those mods don't see much development. I have the capability, determination and passion to see this through.

In regard to "The Last Days"

I love the mod, but I find it lacking in two areas.
a) It's for the original Mount&Blade. The dated graphics, animations, and enginelimitations just slightly spoil TLD for me. So, this project is definitely not intended to undermine such an amazing mod.
b) The possibilities for the player are not as diverse as they were in Warband. I'd love to see the kingdoms players of this mod create, and also, it's Warband that most people play nowadays.

Credits:
Active Development Team:

... Just me. :C

Jarvisimo
Coding, 3D Art, 2D Art

Jaakko
3D Art

Count of Flanders
3D Art

Brego
3D Art

Yarrum
3D Art

La_Grandmaster
3D Art, Coding

Farferon
3D Art

MilMilMil
3D Art

Bryan-10thGaming
2D Art, Promotion

Teun
Scening

for OSP:
Taro8 - Some Gondorian Items!
DOMA_ - For his Cinematic Compilation!
Fredelios - For some armour!
DanP346 - 3D Art

Thanks to:

Gesufal
Bellefontei
Tormidal

For offering help to me!
And, of course, thanks to the rest of the Old Breed community for giving me
the encouragement needed to set out on this task!​

Reserved for previews, and updates!

Poll Results

Should Isengard's Troop Tree be 90% Uruk-hai, or should the Uruks be a more high tier unit for them, their lower tier troops being orcs?

90% Uruk-hai - I want every battle to be like Helm's Deep! 25 (18.9%)
Mostly Uruk-hai, but they should be upgradeable to better armour. 42 (31.8%)
50% Uruk-hai. Orcs make up the other half. 37 (28%)
20% Uruk-hai. Dunlendings and Orcs make up the rest. 28 (21.2%)

"The Veiled Stars should be multiplayer compatible"

Strongly Agree 32 (29.9%)
Agree 16 (15%)
Neutral 17 (15.9%)
Disagree 12 (11.2%)
Strongly Disagree 30 (28%)

The results of the poll are mixed. Therefore, it is decided that multiplayer shall come as part of the second release.

Should certain weapons (like enchanted swords) be more effective against certain races? For example, should a sword called "Orc Bane" deal more damage when used against Orcs?

Yeah, that sounds awesome! 60 (37.3%)
If you like, but there should only be very few of these named weapons. 89 (55.3%)
No, it takes away from the realism. 12 (7.5%)

The results are clear. Named weapons will be findable, but only through quests or as very high level loot.

Total Members Voted: 161

Previews!

ALL PREVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON THIS BOARD. Don't forget to check the Dev Diaries too!

Beobart said:
Intresting, competitors :razz: Good luck!
I don't want to see it that way.
Your mod is set in a completely different part of Middle Earth to mine.
I really don't want to compete :razz:
A massive good luck for the Forofren Auth mod :smile:

Thank you guys, for all your nice comments!

Looking good! Are you planning on adding special features, or will the AI be mostly native?

Also, I read a Cracked article in which I saw tons of really cool off helmets. Want me to get you a link for the future?

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Looking good! Are you planning on adding special features, or will the AI be mostly native?
I don't know yet, I'm finishing the bare-bones stuff first.
Currently doing Gondor troops as we speak!

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Also, I read a Cracked article in which I saw tons of really cool off helmets. Want me to get you a link for the future?
That'd be great!

What do you plan to do in regards to the fellowship and the other heroes?

Will they feature as NPCs or will you be able to play as them?

Personally i would love to play as Aragorn and reforge the realm of the numenoreans in fire and blood.

Well, you are up to create a setting/lore, which is almost impossible to adapt by only-one man. Unless, you really mastered some talent, and have time to dedicate. Wish you good luck.

dinnerdog2zero said:
What do you plan to do in regards to the fellowship and the other heroes?

Will they feature as NPCs or will you be able to play as them?

Personally i would love to play as Aragorn and reforge the realm of the numenoreans in fire and blood.

I've no idea.
As mentioned above, I'm just getting the barebones stuff laid down for now.
There will be plenty of polls to decide gameplay elements such as that, so stay tuned!

Alright, the troop tree for Gondor is almost finished!

5564FE89AF6ECE82F46A1BB9C8180744B05346E4

2A2653B63AD74D3E8F28ECEBF576CEF6B9922E23

5C13837C5E893392B0A06A902692A208DCC009B2

778BD65C87C09FC6033080E4C523A1F73214452F

Belendor said:
Well, you are up to create a setting/lore, which is almost impossible to adapt by only-one man. Unless, you really mastered some talent, and have time to dedicate. Wish you good luck.
I have plenty of time, and as I said in the OP, I have the determination to see this through.
Thank you for your good will!

Back
Top Bottom