SP Fantasy [WB] The Veiled Stars | the Lord of the Rings [WIP] + Theoden's Armour p411

Should Hornburg be a castle or a town?

• Town

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Castle

Votes: 90 48.1%
  • Town, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Castle, but call it Helm's Deep instead.

Votes: 45 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

About the only help someone who hasn't yet learned to code can offer:

Jarvisimo Jun 3 2014, 12:31pm says:

Left to be done:

1. Map icons (no idea how long this will take, depends how quick we get it done.) I am working with Jonasspil on the map icons though and we're whizzing through them.... I estimate 1-2 weeks if all goes smoothly. Probably less!

2. Campaign map terrain tweaks (will take about a week). This includes making ridges nicely on mountains, improving pathfinding, getting rid of odd glitches and such like.

3. Adding in all our new foliage, scene backgrounds (1 day)

4. Code in all our new scene props for our sceners to make 0.5's scenes with (2 days)

5. Code in all new map parties and enemies to fight. (1 day)

6. Code a bunch of quests in (1 week)

+- 1 week depending on how things go.

Possibly this will give you guys an idea on how far along we are and what's left to be done. If anybody thinks they can help, be it with UI or 3D modelling then please do let me know.

Also remember that I'm always open to inventive and awesome quest ideas from you guys - my imagination can only go so far. :smile:

Thanks!

-Jarvy

News??

Just kidding  :lol:

Seriously guys if you are interested in following the mod progress and don't want to wait for the next upload your best option is to subscribe to the mod private forum  :wink:

Can you make like the dwarves much more beardy and much more shiny stuff XD..... LOTR BFME.... had a colorful look on their dwarves..... which made them look like clowns... XD..... i hope you could make like a unique armor for each dwarven state like the armor of dwarves of the iron hills are different from those dwarves that live in MORIA ....I hope dwarves also don't have that glitch with the beard where it gets buried in the chest because it's too long to be hanging XD ive seen this glitches in some mods that have dwarves in it.... and the dwarves without armor's and mohawks really pisses me off XD i mean shirtless dwarves who are veterans XD dwarves are civilized people you know they should wear armor's :3 made of mithril mehehehehe... XD hahahahahahaha, anyway i have no issues with dwarven mowhawks as long as they dont go half naked :3

semp224 said:
Can you make like the dwarves much more beardy and much more shiny stuff XD..... LOTR BFME.... had a colorful look on their dwarves..... which made them look like clowns... XD..... i hope you could make like a unique armor for each dwarven state like the armor of dwarves of the iron hills are different from those dwarves that live in MORIA ....I hope dwarves also don't have that glitch with the beard where it gets buried in the chest because it's too long to be hanging XD ive seen this glitches in some mods that have dwarves in it.... and the dwarves without armor's and mohawks really pisses me off XD i mean shirtless dwarves who are veterans XD dwarves are civilized people you know they should wear armor's :3 made of mithril mehehehehe... XD hahahahahahaha, anyway i have no issues with dwarven mowhawks as long as they dont go half naked :3

The "naked mohawks dwarves" are a Warhammer thing. They are called Slayers and they are basically dwarves who have lost their honor and look for a glorious death on the battlefield; they are certainly not your average dwarf and there are few of them (mostly because they tend to die pretty quickly... well when they are not named Gotrek anyway xD). They wear no armor because they have no concern for their safety whatsoever and being unarmored allows them to fight unimpaired (they are sort of like the viking berserkers). Slayers' looks aside, Warhammer Dwarves are a VERY civilized people who actually wear some of the best armor in the world (Gromril armor) and are also among the finest smiths and engineers... if you ask me Warhammer Dwarves are some of (if not THE) the best conceived, most kickass Dwarves ever. Just try google-imageing the word "Ironbreaker" then come tell me what you see is not the dwarfiest Dwarf you've ever seen! :wink:

Just found this map on moddb.com and must say it has huge potential!
I mean sure a lot of the features are not implemented yet, there're bugs, glitches and the balancing is everything but yet done.
But the things I've seen (and played) so far are just very well made and really cool!
Thank you really much for making this awesome mod!
I love it that even as a "neutral" player I still get attacked by the bad guys!
Some bugs I've found so far:
- The Haradrim Armor doesn't have a texture for this thing on the back, it's just greyish untextured
- the Haradrim Sabre doesn't have any map-model (in town/on the battlefield i mean), you can swing it and fight with it, but my guy just grabs air instead of a sword.
- the banners you can buy from Rohan and Gondor are so dark that they're hardly visible in the merchants' inventories
- the Gondorian Lord's armor (or smth like that) doesn't have a model, i only can see the name and stats when i go over it at the merchant. As soon as i click it i get an error message.
- Warg Riders are too weak. Not only do they run away from me when I'm level 3 and I just recruited some Rohan peasants so it's 10vs10, I'm also able to defeat 15 of them with my swaybacked horse (from the start) and a balanced Rohan lance. I have the feeling that the wargs need some really brutal charge bonus to compensate for their lack of real teeth, otherwise the orcs on the back with their swords are just cannon fodder. And they should be made a bit stronger of course so they can attack merchants and players kinda like the Steppe Bandits in Warband.
- Can you take out Tundra Bandits? They seem really off right now plus they're actually really strong.
- I really don't know about the Noble Rohan horse lords. It just seems really strange when I see them as deserters or as town guard.
Considering Warband is just so much smaller than LotR scale-wise shouldn't all the vassals already be enough lords?
My proposition would be to make a special class for each faction leader like the Gondorian Swan Knights, Rohan Kingsguard (equivalents to all the "bad" factions) which the player can't recruit but he can get the armor for himself as well as for his companions.
Giving these special troops to the faction leaders would also make fights where these guys are involved a lot harder than fighting against normal vassals!
- Some faction leaders are still there plus the pretenders, I saw Arwa the Pearled One and the Sultan (from the Khergits i think).

Oh man, I honestly can't wait to play as a Haradrim with a fancy long spear and a bow, they just look awesome and got transferred really well in your mod from what I've seen!
Well, so far I'll just wait for the Orc/Uruk-Hai pack to come out, looking forward to ride a warg or recruit some trolls!

Back
Top Bottom