• Vassals in service of player

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • More wounded soldiers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Military supplies

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to suggest that, when you craft a musket at the Blacksmith, would come too a broken (tempered) version of it, for using on melee. Makes sense that the bayonet is better forged, too.

What about when you create a faction it appears ''The Union''? By this way there would be the confederation,the coalition and the union,ruled by your faction. Imagine that France is almost destroyed, as leader of the union you make an alliance with France,so all the countries of the union and the confederation would fight together against the coalition. This would make the game experience much longer.

I think that the texture matter should be explained at the download/installation text/link at the repository. This community is receiving a lot of complies about game crashes and etc. I believe that a lot of careless players (especially the ones that don't like to read) should be warned at the download page (like, WARNING: HD TEXTURES. FOR OLD COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS, REDUCE TEXTURE QUALITY TO 30% OR LESS). That would reduce the confusion that these frustrated players are causing to the comunity and even the chances of they deserting the mod because of it (i almost did so).

Just quoting my research with British, French and Spanish Sailors, Captains, Officers and Marine uniforms for future skinners for the mod.

SeanBeansShako said:
Not asking for new stuff EVERY rank with every army, just a low quality soldier or officer uniform of the nation thrown into your inventory when you get promoted or a vendor to buy these things in the barracks. It is silly how easy it is to hire and organise over fifty men for your client nation but unless you buy stuff in advance from the tailor your leading them dressed poorly.

Now time for me to post some image resources for some future update uniforms, first off here is a nicely detailed 1805 Royal Marine Officer, NCO and marine unform and equipment plate.

Next up, This plate shows off a British Midshipman, followed by a Royal Navy Lieutenant and finally a Royal Naval Captains Uniform too.

The closest things to uniforms British Sailors got is these two in this small example here. Though with all sailors there should be one simply wearing light shirt and britches as uniforms for the sailors and landsman were not as official as their officers yet in this part of the history.

This image is a great quick reference of all the late 18th century British Royal Naval Officers uniforms from the front too.

Of course, I must also provided an example of other nations too to not be biased. This PDF article and the images here explain and show the Spanish Naval uniforms in much detail.

Finally, the French Republican Navy gets a mention too. Here is a image of what appears to be a French Republican Sailor with two marines and an Officer (Lieutenant of the Navy or a French Marine not sure).

Also, we desperately need a few different types of new 18th and 19th century head and facial hair now.

Another feature to perhaps be worked on, making a Musket that we can 'switch' into bayonet mode for melee?

They already tried to do so, SeanBeanShako, but there seems to be some limitation on the game engine to do so. The closest they came is the broken version of the muskets.
However, doing something like a secondary attack (pressing the right botton of the mouse, entering on defensive stance and then pressing the left one to do an action. Star Wars: Conquest had something like that, and was exclusively with light sabers) would probably do, however.

Quintillius said:
Them, talking to your house on the Boulevard,
He's mad. :razz:

Well guys I read all your ideas and I am thinking of releasing packs. Each with it's own theme and features.

Keep the suggestions coming!

We all go a little mad sometimes. Especially if you live in a house, in London, which the walls bleed a dark mater during full moons and there is a skeleton on the wardrobe. Those Real Estate bastards... (however, the price as neat)

Anyway, i would like to ask if that my suggestion of a secondary attack for muskets (based on the ability present on Star Wars: Conquest and even on the v1 of this mod. Anyone remember the dagger/shield on the barracks?) would be possible and viable.

But, in that mod, you must press 'X', which opens a dialog menu and puts the weapon on your back, so that you'll have to draw it again after closing the dialog menu. Which means an attcking Hessian Hussar can kill me 5 times while I'm being readying my Bayonet.

No, no, Joe. Well... yes, using THAT system would kill you and all your descendants before you can even take aim or embrace for the impact. But I am referring to that one that, when you guard with the Lightsaber, if you press the attack buttom, you would do something with the saber that would knock the nearby enemies back. Even if they are guarding. I just think that we could use something like that with due modifications to our mod.

Oh. Didn't thought that was a open modification. However, now i see that was present on a lot of mods, so...
Anyway, someone of you guys could try to use it and modify it for stabbing with a bayonet, no? Would be a good way to deal with the problem, and could used on other weapons on different ways, as the riffle and the pistol. Weaker melee attacks, sure, but would bring a air of variety to the weapons.

While we're on the subject of bayonets too, the bayonets on the muskets should really be longer and slightly thicker.

Political system more honest to time 18 century. Other world look at civil government of major powerss during time period and try to emulate them. As well for player character to become leader of in own nation look at success or events that led rise of man starting revolution or forming a nation during era for more historical plausible.

Some suggestions of me:
- Give the Militiamen Lower and Middle class clothing instead of Upper class clothing. And give them obsolete firearms (like flintlock rifles, flintlock muskets, arquebuses) with milnution. Just like in v.1.
- The bicornes of the Saxon, Spanish, Prussian, Nassuvian etc. infantry are way too small; make them 2 times bigger.
- Give the Swedish Dragoons bicornes. Also, in version 1 there was a Swedish Pistol and a Swedish Carbine, but they don't seem to be in version 2.
- Give the Wuerttemberg Jaeger zu Pferd more bullets. They are supposed to be elite mounted skirmishers.

I'd like to see the ability of having vassals in this mod . this mod really needs this urgently

I thought the bicorns looked slightly smaller than usual, I wasn't going to say but now it seems they've all shrunk in the wash...

The bicornes looked funny imo :razz:

My suggestion is for a bit more diversified troop tree for a lot of nations.
AFAIK, a lot of them share the same troops and outfits, with the only difference being the uniform color.
I understand this is for practical reasons, but I'd be more than willing to reskin some of them if you want and do some research for a couple additional units left and right?

Another fun idea would be to use different regimental flags in stead of national flags, but that's just a small remark.

All this being said, I do believe my army is waiting for me for an invasion of Russia, Napoleon said it was like, the coolest idea ever :smile:

Back
Top Bottom