• Vassals in service of player

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • More wounded soldiers

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Military supplies

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Since several people didn't know where to put their suggestions in, I decided to start this topic.
Talk about possible future stuff right here.

Tell me about your ideas! But please, keep them... realistic. Also don't expect your idea is going to be implemented in the game. The more graphical work is needed for your idea, the higher the chance to come in patch 2.3!

Old Polls

Which idea do you want to see in v2.3?
Grand quest/achievements/easter eggs 3 (10.7%)
Politics 12 (42.9%)
Vassals in service of player 10 (35.7%)
Unique Buildings for towns 3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Top Ideas

1. Extended Crafting
Gather materials like wood, stone, iron and tools. Use them to create houses, buildings
and materials.

2. Political System
This allows the player to get control via the government. It's a way to become the faction ruler. There are two sides. Right wing and left wing. The player can use his influence points to increase the chance a proposal will be adopted. Proposals can contain decisions about diplomacy, joining the coalition, elections et cetera. But these are weekly/monthly. Common proposals let the player decide in favour of the right wing or the left wing. Nothing more. The right wing increases military strength and chance of rebellion and the left wing increases the chance on peace treaties and lowers the price of all goods.

3. Vassals in service of player
Player can turn his companion into a vassal. This means the player can set up a strong faction.

4. More wounded soldiers
More wounded soldiers instead of dead soldiers, surgery prevents them from dying.

5. Military supplies
Bullets, rations and medicines for morale boosts.

Allright, some suggestions regarding new units; I would like to see:
  - Saxon Hussars (like the ones on version 1; You once showed you had made an uniform for them) instead of the currently used Hessian Hussars
  - Wuerttemberg Jaeger zu Fuss (foot Jaegers, much like the Prussian ones elite troops)
  - Hessian light infantry?
  - Bavarian light infantry on another place in the troop-tree; as another upgrade of the Regular (who takes the old place of the light infantry):
Captured Joe said:
I did read that, because of they having the same equipment (and, indeed, the same heavy and huge helmets), the Bavarian Light Infantry weren't much lighter (or: faster) than the line infantry. They just had more training, and, I believe, were better shooters.
So, they should be about the same in melee as the normal Regulars (so inferior to the veteran Regulars), and superior only in shooting (a bit like the French Voltigers I believe). They should just have the same gun as the line infantry also.

- Give the Revolutionary states (or at least officers in their service) access to mercenary units:
Captured Joe said:
But it would be a good idea, I think, to give the Revolutionary states access to mercenaries. Especially the Spanish (who should get Swiss), French (also Swiss), Irish (Irish mercs of course), and Warsaw (Polish Lancers) revolutionary states.
Russia and Venice are well off with normal Russian and Austrian troops, I think.

And being able to recruit those mercenaries trough Warrant Officer. At least, of course, the factions that relied heavily upon mercenaries and the mercenaries in question that they used. Those should have a diferenciation in price, being more expensive to recruit and/or upkeep, compensating for the fact that would be way easier to create regiments with them on that way.

Exemple: You can recruit swiss mercenaries trough warrant officer with the french, but not irish mercenaries.

ADDENDUM: Sorry if that was redundant, Joe. I just felt that your post needed that complement.

I would like to suggest for us to be able to duel with lords for Renown. Would like something like that: you would expend some influence points while talking to a officer.
There would be a chance of he accepting the challenge, depending of your ranking (if it's the same ranking, the chances are better. If the difference it's too big, however...), relationship (if he held a grudge against you, would be, basically, certain that he would not let pass the chance to put a bullet on your ribs. If he is friendly to you, the chances of he refusing would be bigger) and faction (if the factions are enemy, the result of the duel may inspire a side to even win the war).
If he accepts, they would fight on terms chosen by the player. If the player win, he will receive a good deal of renown points while the lord would lose probably the same amount, based on the ranking and renown of both (if the duelists are famous, the result may be more earth shattering than if both are unknown. However, if one of them is unknown and wind, would receive a lot of fame, but the know lord would have his reputation destroyed. However, the opposite wouldn't do much to the renown of both of them).
If he refuses, there will be a chance of one (or both) them loosing renown. Can't say how would this part work, however.
Loosing relationship would be inevitable on the process of asking to a duel, but i don't believe that it would suffer more damage with the result of it.

But it would be a good idea, I think, to give the Revolutionary states access to mercenaries. Especially the Spanish (who should get Swiss), French (also Swiss), Irish (Irish mercs of course), and Warsaw (Polish Lancers) revolutionary states.
Russia and Venice are well off with normal Russian and Austrian troops, I think.
Revolutionary States shouldn't have lords, only Faction Leaders.
The whole garrison of the town joins the Revolutionary leader as soon the revolution has broken out.
Also the culture of the Revolutionary State is the same as the culture of their previous rulers. This means they will have
the same recruitment, townguards et cetera.

Allright, some suggestions regarding new units; I would like to see:
  - Saxon Hussars (like the ones on version 1; You once showed you had made an uniform for them) instead of the currently used Hessian Hussars
  - Wuerttemberg Jaeger zu Fuss (foot Jaegers, much like the Prussian ones elite troops)
  - Bavarian light infantry on another place in the troop-tree; as another upgrade of the Regular (who takes the old place of the light infantry):
First suggestion is definitely something worth to do! About the other three, don't you think we have already many and many
different troops ingame :razz:!?

And being able to recruit those mercenaries trough Warrant Officer. At least, of course, the factions that relied heavily upon mercenaries and the mercenaries in question that they used. Those should have a diferenciation in price, being more expensive to recruit and/or upkeep, compensating for the fact that would be way easier to create regiments with them on that way.
Hmm mercenaries for small states?

I would like to suggest for us to be able to duel with lords for Renown. Would like something like that: you would expend some influence points while talking to a officer.
There would be a chance of he accepting the challenge, depending of your ranking (if it's the same ranking, the chances are better. If the difference it's too big, however...), relationship (if he held a grudge against you, would be, basically, certain that he would not let pass the chance to put a bullet on your ribs. If he is friendly to you, the chances of he refusing would be bigger) and faction (if the factions are enemy, the result of the duel may inspire a side to even win the war).
If he accepts, they would fight on terms chosen by the player. If the player win, he will receive a good deal of renown points while the lord would lose probably the same amount, based on the ranking and renown of both (if the duelists are famous, the result may be more earth shattering than if both are unknown. However, if one of them is unknown and wind, would receive a lot of fame, but the know lord would have his reputation destroyed. However, the opposite wouldn't do much to the renown of both of them).
If he refuses, there will be a chance of one (or both) them loosing renown. Can't say how would this part work, however.
Loosing relationship would be inevitable on the process of asking to a duel, but i don't believe that it would suffer more damage with the result of it.
Hmm I like the idea of 'taking' renown from other lords when winning. This might be applied to common duels.
But duels which influence the relationship between factions is not really Napoleonic, it's more Medieval I believe.

Nice ideas, guys! Keep them coming. I'll make a top-list and at the end a poll. A poll which allows all fans to
vote for the best ideas!

Quintillius said:
uote]Allright, some suggestions regarding new units; I would like to see:
First suggestion is definitely something worth to do! About the other three, don't you think we have already many and many
different troops ingame :razz:!?
[/quote]
The Bavarian light infantry is already in-game, but I just would like to see them on a different place in the troop-tree, adn whith different stats.

Hessian light infantry isn't really needed, IMHO. But Wuerttemberger foot jaegers would be very nice. If it's doable.

Quintillius said:
Revolutionary States shouldn't have lords, only Faction Leaders.
Eh, actually I meant the Player if he/she decides to join the Revolutionary state.

Oh! No problem. Your suggestion about swapping those two troops and giving acces to mercenaries for players are added in the bugs & improvements topic.

How do you guys think about unique buildings for towns. I am speaking about mosques, Ottoman buildings, Slavic buildings, Brandenburger Tor et cetera.

Bell, about swapping those units, actually my idea was to change the troop-tree:

Bav. Recruit --> Bav. Regular --> Bav. Regular Veteran
                                              --> Bav. Light Infantry

[quote authot=Joe, about the light infantry]So, they should be about the same in melee as the normal Regulars (so inferior to the veteran Regulars), and superior only in shooting (a bit like the French Voltigers I believe). They should just have the same gun as the line infantry also.[/quote]

Also, I noticed the British Heavy cavalry sword looks like a German Pallasch, and the German Pallasch looks like a British Heavy Cavalry Sword! Maybe you can somehow swap those two items?

Quintillius said:
How do you guys think about unique buildings for towns. I am speaking about mosques, Ottoman buildings, Slavic buildings, Brandenburger Tor et cetera.
That would mean more scenes (5 Slavic/Turkish scenes, 5 ones with unique buildings (like Brandenburger Tor) each). It's possible. Also, reminds me that my brother noticed a cross on an Ottoman Sultan's Bureau Desk. :mrgreen:

I suggest to all important town's and castels HAVE THE OWN SCENE not to they have the same (Istanbul have chatedral...and to do some mosques like the blue in istanbul)

Great idea about the Bavarian Light Infantry. Since, historically, they are kinda of a better trained unit than regulars (in-game, would probably better shooters, as you suggested. We have to search for they use on actual battlefields to be sure about their stats, tough), makes sense that they would be the end of a separated branch, and not the start, as I suggested earlier. Good thinking.

Unique buildings? If you say visually, you are right. Not all the towns can be the same, even if the standard town is a beauty. That applies mostly to Russian, Ottoman and German Culture, that would be just awesome if they had some unique designs. The basic traveling structure (having Boulevard, Suburbs, etc) could be the same.
Now, if you are talking about structures that give bonuses, as the Enterprises, I really don't know how that would work, so i refrain myself from that topic.

My last suggestion from now would make us able to improve our houses with furniture. First, you would have to increase exponentially the price of buying furniture. Them, talking to your house on the Boulevard, you would gain the option of putting it on the house. It would increase the renting value and even selling value (you would be able to GAIN money refurnishing and then selling houses). However, if you try to buy the house back, you would lost a big deal of money for the increased cost, I believe. Seeing the difference inside the house with the new furniture, tough, would be awesome. But not really necessary.

Hey,

just one of my sugestions:
I would like to suggests to you add Imam's (like priests in churches) and if  moderator of mod accept idea of new scene's and scene props we can have mosque... and imam's to ask him questions :smile:

EDIT:
I asking why you guys don't add "Sarajevo" on the map in bottom of "Zenica". Sarajevo had a fort on top of hill. In 1700 when is Eugen of Savoy burn Sarajevo, Sarajevo has "golden era" and have 80 000 people. If I remember 5 town with most people in 17. century (I think but maybe not in 5 town's but 100% in 10 town's of that period) , just Milan, Paris and some other important town's had more people than Sarajevo

I would like to suggest the addition of a new item, too. Would be called "Military Supplies". Would represent bullets, rations, medicines and everything a army would need trough a campaign. Would be consumed just like food, giving a small morale boost (from 2 to 10, depending on the quality), would be heavy, but would have a great consumption value (ranging from 100/100 to 500/500) and, however, expensive, depending on the quality of the suplies. The idea behind this is to free up inventory, reducing the need to sacrifice lots of space to carry food, and, maybe, use the supplies on special abilities. Like, sacrificing 100 units of supply to recover ammo for your soldiers, recharging their catridges. However, on that aspect, i fear for the balance...

If the name of the player appeared down of the statue your country dedicates to you would be awesome. But as probably is quite difficult or impossible or whatever, what about implementing a dialogue to the statue? Like when entering the bank. The dialogue could say something like ''In recognition of ''playername'' for his distinguished actions in the battlefield, in defense of the United Kingdom of Great Britain,its people and his most christian majesty George III by the grace of god'' For example

Looting Sailors you mean, Joe?
If I remember right, I only saw those guys on the Great Britain, on the Irish mainland to be more exact, so they are probably not bandits without a nation. If it is so, i agree.

Back
Top Bottom