Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

• I liked one of your ideas +1

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I liked 2 of your ideas +2

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 3 of your ideas +3

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 4 of your ideas +4

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • I liked 5 of your ideas +5

Votes: 81 23.8%
  • I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Votes: 198 58.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

locualo said:
Hi im new in the forums and i want to make a suggestion for upcoming bannerlord...is this the right place? (heck, this may have been suggested already anyway) I'll try and in case it's not i'll copy the post and paste it where it belongs, here i go:

I suggest that, when entering a already started battle between two factions, it won't start again when the player enters it, and otherwise you will reach the two groups, the allied and the foe, that have been battling from already time ago (this whould mean place scattered corpses in the ground also)

The actual system is pretty immersion breaking, otherwise keep up the good work¡¡ :eek:
That's actually a pretty good idea, nice one

TheRedViper said:
locualo said:
Hi im new in the forums and i want to make a suggestion for upcoming bannerlord...is this the right place? (heck, this may have been suggested already anyway) I'll try and in case it's not i'll copy the post and paste it where it belongs, here i go:

I suggest that, when entering a already started battle between two factions, it won't start again when the player enters it, and otherwise you will reach the two groups, the allied and the foe, that have been battling from already time ago (this whould mean place scattered corpses in the ground also)

The actual system is pretty immersion breaking, otherwise keep up the good work¡¡ :eek:

Thanks¡¡
Hope devs see this post too¡

"Going downhill should make you go faster, not slower."

BY FAR the stupidest thing you said there. Ever tried walking downhill? especially in heavy armour? Not gonna be fast. :roll:

it would be really cool if you can create your own uniform for your troops of your kingdom

sorry for my bad english

my main concerns are related to management. A deeper management system, taxation, raising troops, concepts of religion(made up lore religions for vanilla game if necessary), character relations.....and in a "larger" setting as in bigger land, kingdoms and troops.

My second concern is a more detailed and sweet looking production-trade system. For the purposes of moddability as well. Resources and production should mean something with a steeper supply-demand mechanism.

Going around tof ind cool battles can become boring pretty quick. These simple changes could turn the game into a sandbox trade-management simulation besides warfare. Thus making the peacetime way more fun and the process of preparing for the war, more strategic plans....etc

Another thing I had in mind was a more detailed kingdom-province system. I mean, a kingdom should not conquer a random area in its enemy territory. Maybe they should be abl to only conquer border provinces?

In short, more love to Economy and Management

This idea will seem obvious once I suggest it.

How party size limit currently works, is every unit takes up 1 space. But what if instead the space units take up is based on the tier of the troop.
For example the best unit in a tier would be 3 limit, while first tier would be 1.
This would of course force an overhaul on how much renown affects party size.
This would change the system of always going for the best possible units,
and instead it would make it more strategic to have some trash units thrown in as well. This doesn't have to be a permanent implementation.
It could be toggled on and off

One more thing I had in mind is the recruitment system. One by one, village by vilalge recruitment is too simple now. Something like lance system in 1257 mod should be standardized in a much more flavoured, fancy way.

Sorry if i already posted some things or someone else posted it but i cant read 25 pages :razz:
Here are some cool ideas to make bannerlord game of the year:
- Choosing your weapon to sneak into a town (staff and daggers? hell to the no. It would be nice if you could steal a prisoners uniform and weapons and go into the town like a boss :grin: )
- Better Gore (you can make a switch in the options to toggle decapitations and blood and stuff like that)
- Executing Prisoners
- Executing Lords (etc. he hired assassins on you and has betrayed you but you captured him- Off with your head! Oh btw if you execute someone for no reason you would loose honor)
- Bandit/Looter allies (if you are THAT bad to people :razz: )
- Naval Battles, since there is a slave gallion mentioned in the game (boarding ships, oooooh that would be awesome)
- Pirates and being a pirate (if this ^^^ was implemented)
- Hunting/fishing
- Since the name is bannerlord why not be able to make your own banner
- Hiring Assassins to kill lords (the better the reputation of the lord the higher the price)
- Being the assassin (at night you kill the front guards get in the castle sneak past some guards [oh btw, patrol routes for guards would be nice] sneak into the castle and assassinate someone. now it would be good if the kings and lords would be able to hire you as an assassin and pay you)
- War Elephants (Sarranids could use those)
- Making citizen riot against their lord if he doesn't take care of them)
- Weapon/armor durability and breaking
- War Dogs???
- Spying on kings for rival factions (aww you snitch :razz: )
Thats all i can think of right now.

I'm extremely wary of making suggestions here, as it seems that the OP has made an enormous, convoluted first entry which may ward folks from seriously considering the suggestions.  Nonetheless, I am going to assume that posting here is preferable to creating a new thread, because at the least, the title of this thread is something I intended to post within if not create a new thread as is.

These are my suggestions
-

Mass: What exactly constitutes a charge? Do soldiers saunter up to each other than strike with their weapons when they're in range? Do some sprint up to the enemy and meet them heavily on their shields, hoping to knock them down with the momentum from the sprint? Either way, I do think units should have mass. I believe they should have give, and should be able to push, so to speak. It need not be incredibly complex. Say every soldier has a single unit of pushing potential, stack up a few allies behind them and then the forward momentum will amplify. This need only have the affect of pushing the enemy back. (we're considering they're holding shields up to demonstrate) In a one on one encounter, this affect is non-existent. But with the clumping that occurs so frequently in multiplayer and with AI combat, I do think the side with more soldiers should have authority over moving their enemy about on the ground. Say you want to defend a gateway, but some pesky pole-arm wielding troops have inched their way into the entrance and are taking ground against your men. What's to stop your numerically superior force from gathering with their shields, meeting with the enemy in a unified manner, and shoving them right back out of the gateway? A few pole-arms would greatly discourage your men from approaching as the system stands now. But in reality, if you knew your shields could protect you from an initial attack, it would be possible granted the proper discipline for your troops to move forward, bind the enemies' weapon and push them back from sheer force of numbers alone.

Ex: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCFXouj-Z0 - bearing in mind this is glorified stick-fighting in armor, I think the point stands nontheless. As it is now a single man can bear the weight and force of fifty running/pushing against him. In reality one man would be trampled immediately)

Formation-specific fighting:  I guess it does remain to be seen whether or not formation combat would be worked on or improved much in our lovely sequel, Bannerlord. I'm sure many players and fans are dying to see more rigid/drilled/consistent formations implemented in the vanilla form of the next game. It could be as simple as having a unit of bodyguards form an open square around you without giving ground and moving about as much as they do now. It could be more complex, like some kind of fulcum or pseudo-testudo formation one could use when entering a siege. However, what I'm speaking about specifically is for there to be an implementation of combat animations for all weapons that are safe to use in a formation where close-combat or tighter spacing is a prerequisite. For anyone who has played multiplayer with friendly fire on, they can attest to the instances of how the horizontal and even some upward vertical attacks with certain weapons are certain to endanger allies posted close around you, particularly with pole-arms. There are ways to attack with every melee weapon in the game, that are less severe, exposing, and dangerous to those around you. While in single combat with good spacing, the extra arc might have greater potential to catch your enemy who might be moving around, when close to your allies you could opt for a formation-friendly stance, where-in your attacks are not so largely-arced, they're tighter, more efficient and much more safe. It would also be nice to attack from behind friendly units with certain weapons, like polearms wielded in two hands in the high grip. I very nearly manage this as is with a pike, and I've gotten used to timing it such that if an ally gets in my way I'll throw the thrust upward, missing them. But a dedicated attack-from-formation stance would be amazing. AI could opt for it automatically if there's a density of allies near them.

New spear thrust:  This has been suggested many times, in short, I would like to see an over-arm spear thrust attack added into the existing attacks. Though one can't say exactly how Bannerlord will play, the existing combat system would gain greatly from a secondary attack that the user could take advantage of intuitively, one that won't be consistently blocked again and again (in multiplayer). It'd add some diversity for the lovers of spear and shield out there, and if formation-friendly animations are added in, this could be used to great effect to support the first rank of fighters in a formation. I'll also add that, if Bannerlord does in fact take place in an era prior to couched lances, this kind of overhead thrust from horseback will be all that much more historically relevant.

In action- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3GtNoxAdM&list=UU0dfe-rmo7t1ITd94f0eSjw

Let's diversify our one-handed spears, yeah?

Center-gripped shields:  I think it'd be nice to see the addition of center-gripped shields into the game once and for all. Double-strapped shields could still have their spot, but this new style of grip would not only now be more historically relevant, they would give users a greater range of options, as single-gripped shields have their own unique style of use and range of motion that is unavailable to double-strapped and vice versa. I would rather double-strapped shields aren't removed per se, but having both in-game would be a great boon. The utility of proper bucklers are enormous, as well.    Also, a note to the developers, if Bannerlord is to be mod-friendly, our amazing modders would absolutely love you for it for the purpose of historically-pronounced mods of yester-year, to have these different styles of attack and especially the center-gripped shields. It'd be a boon for viking enthusiasts as well.

Horse movement:  This one I can surmise rather quickly. Strafing. Though on a large field of combat you might see more running to and fro from the horses, given enough spacing a trained horse can strafe as the user directs while engaging in combat.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq--HTYuKkc&list=UU0dfe-rmo7t1ITd94f0eSjw

Lastly,

Combat readiness evident: I considered having troops enter a more prepared stance when the enemy is within a certain distance and within say, a seventy-degree cone of vision from them. It need not necessarily affect their speed of attack/defense or anything, but it would contribute to a separation between soldiers' marching animations with weapons ready but not exactly prepared for contact, to soldiers seeing the enemy and prepared to throw an attack or defend within the next few moments.

Note: would really like to make this a new thread.

Mass: What exactly constitutes a charge? Do soldiers saunter up to each other than strike with their weapons when they're in range? Do some sprint up to the enemy and meet them heavily on their shields, hoping to knock them down with the momentum from the sprint? Either way, I do think units should have mass. I believe they should have give, and should be able to push, so to speak. It need not be incredibly complex. Say every soldier has a single unit of pushing potential, stack up a few allies behind them and then the forward momentum will amplify. This need only have the affect of pushing the enemy back. (we're considering they're holding shields up to demonstrate) In a one on one encounter, this affect is non-existent. But with the clumping that occurs so frequently in multiplayer and with AI combat, I do think the side with more soldiers should have authority over moving their enemy about on the ground. Say you want to defend a gateway, but some pesky pole-arm wielding troops have inched their way into the entrance and are taking ground against your men. What's to stop your numerically superior force from gathering with their shields, meeting with the enemy in a unified manner, and shoving them right back out of the gateway? A few pole-arms would greatly discourage your men from approaching as the system stands now. But in reality, if you knew your shields could protect you from an initial attack, it would be possible granted the proper discipline for your troops to move forward, bind the enemies' weapon and push them back from sheer force of numbers alone.

Jeez, imagine the force of 5 guys pushing on you from behind and another 5 pushing straight into you from the front.

Crunch

e27 said:

Jeez, imagine the force of 5 guys pushing on you from behind and another 5 pushing straight into you from the front.

Crunch

Indeed, though the game doesn't need to simulate that. I just felt it ought to have an affect. I don't think people should be immovable objects.

Would also like to note that it may not be instant crunch. The human wedge, or boar snout formation, is specifically meant to break other shield walls to my knowledge, by force of human power alone. And they had flat shields.

I would love an ambush feature since guerilla warfare is the best way to annihilate an Imperial Army.

For the nords, I would like the option of sea raids. Battles that start on the sea  and involve a ship touching down on land. Kinda like D-day.

What about random events like on CK2 ? I think that would be cool and add a little more to the story of your character and too the gameplay, giving the player more things to do and more randomness to it so when you play the game it doesnt feel like the same every time

I would like to add to this post regarding taxes.

In the middle ages taxes played a key role in society, not only in money but also in goods.
What I would like to suggest, is an increase in tax options.

For example: the ruler of a nation should be able to set taxes for each different city (affecting the relations with the lord of that city).
These could either be financial, or collected in goods. The benefit here might be, that a city producing oil would have an abundance of that which means that relatively they pay less tax, but in the city of the king this oil might be worth a lot more. As such both parties benefit.
This could for example be added to a warehouse in the capitol city (which can be looted by your enemy) and transported by tax-caravan (also possible to be robbed by enemy).

Furthermore, I suggest more options regarding the guilds and an increased control over the taxes they pay. For example one might want to impose a higher tax on cities which produce a lot of beer, when you also have a brewery. This may seem unfair, but this did happen.
It would be to the financial benefit of the ruler, but at the expense of popularity.
It might cause unrest in a city or a falling out with the city's lord, as he sees his city get poorer.

Anyway, I believe a more complex system of taxes and merchant guilds would be to the benefit of the game.
It could add extra quests, similar to the tax collecting ones in M&B, extra ''factions'' (like a beer makers guild) for those who enjoy playing as a merchant and an extra source of income or soldiers.

I recently watched Kingdom of Heaven for like the third time, and it reminds me of Mount and Blade so much that it forces me to play it right after it ends. In comparison to the movie mount and blade is only missing a couple things.

Which you have pointed out:  People get old or die of sickness. Where in mount and blade you never get old, nobody rarely dies.

Villages/Castles. In the movie the main character owns a piece of land and goes to work on it to make it prosper.  In mount and blade the most you can do is ask how the village is doing and the typical remark is "We are short on hands but we count our blessings" How nice would it be to actually have you and your troops hang around and actually make the village prosper. Then maybe you can build walls around it, and who know's slowly upgrade it to becoming a main Castle or fortress. 

This brings up fortresses and Time; Fortresses really have no use other than fighting. I mean it would be nice to have some sort of trading going on. I mean i see farmers routing to em but what is really the point? And then there is time. When there is a feast i tend to beat all lords to the castle, and the only way i can have em all in the hall is if i run around outside till they all make it to the fortress.. come on now

I've also been playing Kenshi recently and thought that an adaption to the games mechanics would be really awesome in M&B. Building your own little village from scratch, Training dummies to train troops. Along with having a Lineage/Family so it doesn't seem like you live forever would make this an ultimate sandbox game. Which is why i love M&B, so far it's the best Sand box game i've played with infinite amount of possibilities.  Some minor changes would make Bannerlord the only game i'd ever want. And if they let out a couple things and add it on as DLC i'll be okay with that.

Alksoe, how long do your average M&B games last? I rarely get past a few years. It's possible characters age but it's not likely you'll play long enough to see much of an effect...

In regards to formation and AI fighting in larger groups: The AI is already capable of keeping some sort of distance between itself and the opponent. Now doing the same for allies would help a long way with battles, making sure troops spread out instead of mass up into a giant blob of humans.

ToyBoat said:
Alksoe, how long do your average M&B games last? I rarely get past a few years. It's possible characters age but it's not likely you'll play long enough to see much of an effect...

Lol 100-400 days. I mean i play casually and for the sandbox effect over objectives now.

The game i'm in right now Day 219 the rhodoks and currently have had no campain for a while now, it's pretty boring when all i can do is kill sea raiders, and buy food at wercheg. No fiefs as i'm playing a female toon. So yeah any extra sandbox effects would be fun for me

locualo said:
TheRedViper said:
locualo said:

Thanks¡¡
Hope devs see this post too¡

I'm going to bump this because I love this idea haha!

I don't know if they read this thread, but I will put here anyway.

to developers;

improve this wife/husband stuff. change their apparel, or give them as a gift. do some adventures together, and make them happy. so wifes/husbands will pay it back by improving bad relationships, or a weapon/armour gift. events sound more legit; husband(as a lord) will give you vote for marshal if relationship higher than 70. wife makes you less tax loss if relationship higher than 80. the details are just for example, I just wanna show you the point. this suggestion is kinda makes no-sense since this game is not roleplay based. but ey, you gave a bigger open world than gta did.

bad english, I know.

Back
Top Bottom