Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

Hit the vote button if you liked an idea!

• I liked one of your ideas +1

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • I liked 2 of your ideas +2

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 3 of your ideas +3

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • I liked 4 of your ideas +4

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • I liked 5 of your ideas +5

Votes: 81 23.8%
  • I forgot how to count, and don't know what comes after 5. Great ideas though.

Votes: 198 58.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In the online mode can join such a pattern: two or four people on the same map their development (or development together), and then they can join a country (or adding different countries), to join the battlefield to fight (if they are hostile country would fight each other), as CK2 online mode, is not very empathetic. Online, they can join the fight to each other.

But the passage of time should be a big problem, and sometimes did not think how to solve.

I only know a little English, in front of which are translated by GOOGLE play out, if there is something wrong, clear and more considerate

I have few cool ideas I thought I might share.

Ships and Naval combat

You know what the core game was missing? SHIPS and NAVIES. The kind you could travel around with just like on the land map.

Every coastal city should have a dock and there should be seaside towns whose main attraction is the docks. You should be able to buy your own ship, ranging from a measly canoe that can carry a handful of men short distances, to huge ships capable of carrying hundreds of men onboard to the deepest of oceans. Of course your ship is also going to be a huge investment on your part, so it won't be just a "lol lets buy a ship" kind of deal (unless its a canoe of course). Kingdoms will also have their own navies and admirals who will command fleets.  There will also be trade ships, but those will be discussed later.

I would really love to go in depth about how the naval combat would work, but unfortunately, I'm not very well versed in Medieval European naval warfare. That is also why I can't really go into details about the different kinds of ships and what they do, however it is obvious that naval combat will require a reworking of the AI can the command system so you can decide which ships you want to order and order the crewmen/soldiers on said ship.

Now, good sir or madam, you might be pointing fingers at me and shouting at me in an accusatory tone "What do you even mean !?! Calradia is a large mainland with small amounts of sea surrounding it. Why would you even want to use ships in that situation?" Well, my friend this perfect transition into the next topic will explain exactly that

New World and Colonization

One thing I enjoyed about one of my favorites strategy games, Medieval 2 Total War, was the "reach America before Columbus" feature. It was interesting, however quite poorly implemented.

At a set date in the game timeline, new research will have found out that the world is round. While most of the lords and important of the time will dismiss it as ludicrous, you may choose to view other wise. A new unexplored area of map will open up covered in blackness and shrouded in fog. You will need a huge ship capable of braving the oceans and a crew of hardy seamen (hehe EU4) to explore these areas. You will come across, well, mostly wide swathes of oceans, but also tiny island formations, some with native inhabitants, and then you will eventually reach the mainland of the New World(which will be of roughly equal size to Calradia), which contains a new lush terrain and environment. There are factions here, inspired by Native and Mesoamerican cultures for you to conquer or ally with. You can also set up colonies, which require huge amounts of investment and are very risky, but will be necessary if you want to expand and prosper in this dangerous land. Ofcourse, making it to the New World will be no easy task. You have a vast amount of ocean to cover, and much of your crew will die to malnutrition and disease. When you finally land, you might find hostile natives in great numbers, wishing to eradicate your presence from their lands.

Soon word of your exploits will reach back to Calradia, and the lords and kings will hear of the tales of cities of gold and red men. They will send their own expedition parties and begin colonizing the new world. Colonial factions in the new world will be formed, and now, when the kings of Calradia go to war with eachother, so will the colonies. The colonies will be semi-independent factions on their own with a main lord governing over all of the colonies with the other lords having their own fiefs as usual, however they pay taxes to the mainland kingdoms and are ultimately subservient to them. A recruit in a colonial village will be different to that of a mainland village. He will be called a Colonial Recruit and his ultimate loyalties are to the colony and not the king (which becomes important later). The colonies can also form alliances with native tribes, so you can have a French-Indian War style conflict between colonial holdings as a result of mainland war.

Ships will become an important part of gameplay since kingdoms will need to send transport ships to pump manpower into the new world when their colonies are not self-sufficient, and a war between kingdoms will become as much a naval war as a land-based one. There will also be the aforementioned trade ships that you can use to transfer tariffs through from the New World using trade lines that will develop as colonies grow. Hostile navies can blockade trade lines and harass trade ships to block inflow of supplies to a colonial holding. Navies can also blockade city ports, which will effectively block out all inflow and outflow of supplies in the city and surrounding lands.

Now, what happens when the colonies begin gaining more sovereignty? If the mainland kingdoms tax their colonies too much, or do not send them enough supplies or just piss them off in some other way, the colonies get angry. Soon, small villages will start protesting, the protests will turn into small riots, small riots turn into larger riots, and larger riots turn into full armed rebellion and a revolutionary war is incited. Vassals and Soldiers that might have been loyal to the kingdoms will become disillusioned and might join the revolutionaries, and the other kingdoms might support the revolution to weaken their enemy. If the kingdom wins, things return to status quo for the time being, but if the revolutionaries are able to make their case and win the war, the territories they have occupied will turn into a new, fully sovereign "Revolutionary Kingdom" that functions independently of any mainland rulers. These events could happen to you as a king and you mistreat your colonies, or you could be the man who ignites the wildfire, leading your colonial allies into a new age of revolution and freedom (or so to speak)

That is all I have to say for now, I have some more crazy ideas, but these are the ones I can put in text for now

P.S some people probably wont like all this stuff so there should be an option if you want to disable the new world and stick to Calradia

I some some ideas for expansion packs (there mainly era conversions)

Mount and Blade 2: SPQR (rome)
Mount and Blade 2: Pharaoh (ancient egypt)
Mount and Blade 2: Samurai (medieval Japan)
Mount and Blade 2: America (Pre-Columbian north america)
Mount and Blade 2: William the Conquer (1066 western europe)
Mount and Blade 2: Iron Arrows (1914 Europe)

I think Calradia should be redesign so that it's no longer a singular landmass but actually includes inland seas, major rivers, large islands, gulfs and straits to make sea travel actually viable, similar to the Mediterranean region like this map I did long ago.
calradia.png

Also I think ships should be divided intro 2 basic groups warships and tradeships. Trade-ships are generally cheaper and have a far larger cargo space and passenger capacity making them great for transports. However they are weak in naval combat due to the lack of marines (soldiers trained to fight on ships) and are slow making them vulnerable to pirates and enemy fleets. Warships are faster and are better suited for combat, thank to a large complement of marines and with the larger ships armed with artillery. However they are expensive and can not carry as much cargo or passengers, meaning you would have to properly manage your fleet when you are leading an army at the same time.

If they made Co-op/Lan I would pay 60$ for the game no questions asked! me and my brother always imagine strategies we can make up, I mean it would be 10x more fun.

Different animations depending on your weapon profiencies.

A knight does not swing a sword like a peasant does.

I only like being a bandit or merchant and taxes,ofc the quests and items would be renewed,just because only the three new ideas could be added and not ruin the game (merchant bandit taxes),and others suggestion could be added by mods
also,please don't change the damn combat system too much,it is very awesome now already,I don't like the "revolution" of the combat systems like other games and it just turn out that it belongs to the crapper

also could the developers add more social order/forms of government in later date?like in the Europa Universalis III (I haven't play that game),I heard from my friends that the game could allow you to run your gov in republic/empire or somethin',why not M&B :smile:? also support the modules,I see that it's the modules which makes more people on youtube play the game,which could invite a lot of positive reception

I am with people on the family and dynasty being fleshed out a bit, great ideas there. I blame game of thrones for my interest, and all the rivalries within the dynasties, but having some of that, or some of the mechanics to make it possible would be excellent.

Loved the faction ranks for characters, i'd go one step further and have actual ranks for the factions to.
So:

Hamlet/Gang
Barony/Warband
County/Horde
Dukedom
Kingdom
Empire

As the faction increases or decreases in size it gains or loses titles and things could be attached to this, events to trigger and such like. Loved the court ideas :smile:, with less factions some intrigue going on at court also would be welcome to keep things from getting too predictable. Different styles of gameplay such as a criminal, warlord or merchant (state or just merchant) are always a plus and I hope the game supports that as usual.

Engineering and catapults for sieges would just be epic :smile:

Disliked:
Most of your ideas I like and some of them were great, so take that as read :smile:. Here is what I don't like.

1, Removing riding as a skill, no, I like the fact I have to develop my characters differently, and the better mounts take a more skilled rider to handle.

2, With aging, I'd slow time down not speed it up. I wouldn't want to be replacing my character often, maybe once or twice in a long game at most. However it does allow death in battles, executing prisoners, birth, growing families and heirs so overall a very nice idea to simulate the period better. I imagine for example losing a brother might be a bitter blow, and a big cause for the AI (or even the player) to go to war.

3, I dislike the honor guard idea, as I like to have my companions taking the hits or save them in reserve, all you need to do is make an honor guard group right now and set it to follow you. Having it default to follow you at the start of the battle would be a nice touch, but I wouldn't want my companions limited to it, as it limits my options on what to do with them.

Well, honestly I think this game will quickly become rather boring and dull if they continue to build it exactly the same as warband.

Straight to the point, in terms of occupation and jobs in the middle-ages, its not always by sword, there's still agriculture, trading, city-jobs (blacksmith, baker, tailor),etc.

So I suggest a more lively and active world where you don't always have to be a soldier, but you can become a farmer, a merchant (with vast reach of not only enterprises), a city-dweller that works in the mill baking bread and selling them for a living, and much more  :grin:.

Been playing the game 4 years and wasted nearly  half of that on this game.  If you had all these ideas I will be lost forever in the game  :grin:

Main things I wanted added:

1) Working siege engines
2 Destructible caste wall and towers.
3) In depth castle building.

Add those things and Il be has happy as a pig in pooh!

crazyewok said:
Been playing the game 4 years and wasted nearly  half of that on this game.  If you had all these ideas I will be lost forever in the game  :grin:

Main things I wanted added:

1) Working siege engines
2 Destructible caste wall and towers.

3) In depth castle building.

Add those things and Il be has happy as a pig in pooh!

yes plz  :cool:

Assassinations

I know this has been mentioned before, and it has been said that "it wouldn't work since it would make the game unbalanced if you could "kill" lords"
There's a way this could be possible without theoretically killing the lord, yet. killing him.
Lets say for instance, there's a lord holding a certain castle. It can be the same system that is used for rescuing prisoners. You enter the castle with a disguise. Success is based on your level of stealth, being seen in the castle triggers "alerted guards" meaning that a few guards will attack you and you have to fight them off, it also notifies the lord making the lord concerned and surrounding himself in more personal guard. This makes the likelihood of getting into the hall unnoticed less likely. You just must persuade the guard to let you into the locked hall by either offering a huge bribe or taking a more lethal approach and of course, killing the guard :razz: Killing the guard makes getting caught again, more likely.

Now,

Should everything go perfectly smooth and nothing gets in the way, you get into the castle unnoticed, you persuade the guard to let you in the hall or even if you have an inside man! (could be an idea) there's a 30% chance the royal guard will recognise you upon entry (it will then come up with a dialog saying "you enter the castle and you are immediately recognised upon entry, the royal guard form up in a defensive wall whilst lord bla bla manages to escape") if you are not noticed you slip inside without notice and approach the lord who has about 6 inconspicuous guards around him. Options like poisoning his drink could be available if you wanted to get away unnoticed or you could point blank run into his face and kill him with your sword.

Now, this is how it "works" upon successful assassination of a lord, he or she dies. The king immediately appoints a new lord to replace that lord or that lords son or daughter takes their place. In succession of the assassination the holds morale is massively dented leaving an 80% chance that if you besiege the castle you will convince the acting commander to retreat and leave the castle to you. This is only 80% is the numbers are equal or lower than your army. If they are higher by 50-100 it's 60% higher than that it's only a 40% chance. Still high, but morale should be hugely impacted upon the death of their lord. In addition to that assassination activates a "vendetta" feature if that lord has a son or daughter. The remaining army of the hold is left to the other lord and it will take approximately 6-7 game days for them to rally and gather more men. Since the lord will have a personal vendetta towards you that lord will give you hell until they are defeated on the field. Once again, upon defeat the lords are just replaced by the king by either that lords heir or a random lord. If the lord is random the vendetta feature is not active.

In addition, to discourage people assassinating every five minutes. You don't know if that lord has a son or daughter unless you hire a spy to gather information about that lord.

On top of ALL that, assassinations can only be carried out by the player. It is possible to hire assassins but paid assassins come a great risk, they cost a LOT of money and they only have a 30% success rate :razz: I think this sort of option will add so much more depth to the game giving so many more options.

Wow, that is quite a list of things you would like in Bannerlord my friend, but I must agree with you. IF they decide to implement all these cool ideas, I think that Bannerlord will then be the best and only game I will need to play for the next 5 years. Also, I really wish for the limitations Warband had to completely vanish. I want Bannerlord to give much more options to modders, so that we can make much better mods for the community.

Dismemberment is a MUST HAVE! Although, some players might not like it, so, it would be even better if they put an option to display enhanced gore.
Btw, i like the idea of killing the kings. I mean, since you  can already sneak into a city, why not assassinate someone :wink:

I'd like to propose a feature where we are able to set waypoints on the campaign map. People sometimes get lost on the campaign map in certain situations. It would therefore be cool to make target locations noticeable this way. Perhaps it could be done via a minimap of the campaign map, much like in many other modern games.

To further add onto this, I think it would be nice to also include a visual direction arrow, indicating where and how far off-screen waypoints are.

Simple stuff like this would make the game so much more accessible. I've also had some vague ideas in mind for additional functionality in the quest log. I'm thinking that it would be nice if you had the option to toggle quests as active/inactive (marking quest destination locations etc. on the map), like in many other RPG games.

Back
Top Bottom