Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats how live is going but for the second time dont start a server if you dont have to money, hosting a server is having much responsibility.

TDC_Overlord said:
As a 14 year old on 0 income, I am not willing to carry on with the server. I would happily join a server if someone created one but I am not so happy with hosting one.

Main reasons

I can't afford to keep it going.

why do you always make a sever then close it down after a few days? if you know you cant afford to keep it up don't waist everyone's time

The player base does not exactly respect that I am the hoster.

maybe because your never on and when you are you just shoot at people when at war w/o knowing who they are from a unrealistic building floating in the sky while the sever ALWAYS being on none survival mode?

The stress is annoying, and gets in the way of my work.

you have not done anything to be stressed about

I don't like the current version of The Wild Wind.

.18 comes out soon way to give up on the mod .-)

The player base is small and rules are often misunderstood.

These Rules are mostly based around v0.18.
1.  No Randoming: Killing a player without reason or justified speech. This rule does not apply for war with another fort/clan.
2. No Griefing: Do not destroy the work of others without a justified reason.
3. Mine Possession: Once you build a fort around a mine it is yours.  You decide who goes in and out to mine. There will be several mines on the map, one of the will be public for all to use.
4. No insults towards an administrator.
5. Raids MUST be announced 3 times and you must wait a minute afterwards.
6. No Revenge Killing

the rules are understood just not inforced because i think the best idea is to have one admin that is NEVER on and when he is, he is doing what i stated above. also tping to your flying fort after you die -claps-

I would like the spare time to play other games, without having to join the server every second.

you have not been playing your own sever much why would you make a sever on a game you didn't want to play ALOT

Finally I hate (and I mean hate) it when people message me in steam "CAN I BE ADMIN I WILL BE GOOD" or "MAKE MY FRIEND ADMIN HE GOOD I SWEAR".

just stop being a friend whore and get rid of friends on steam.

I will to support this mod but I will not continue with the server. I have faith that when the next version comes out more servers will appear and more players will.

the one thing i dont have to say that is bad.

A big well done to Shredzorz for the wonderful mod and a great apology for all the players that will miss playing on TDCR. I may carry on when I have some spare money. For now someone else will have to buy a server.

so that when you run out of "spare money" the sever goes down again? *cringe*

moral of the story a good friend will tell you the truth to your face. tbh the players just get bored of none survival mode.

I don't need my words twisting. This is only the second time I have had a server. And to be fair if it is on non survival then it is my decision and it was only two players who wanted it on survival. Simon I recall being AFK and returning to find that I was in a war. I was helping Rost build his fort so I had to keep teleporting back up and teleporting others up to defend the damn thing while Rost built it. If it was not realistic then fair enough but Rost put an enormous amount of effort into it while continuously getting shot down whilst doing so. There is stress, the first two days were horrible. This morning I woke up to be spammed in steam because I was ill all of yesterday. I'm not carrying on with it anymore, according to some people I "have" to be on the server 24/7, and when I'm ill for one day I get loads of insults for it. If people can't respect that I have my own life, and that I am the one who has given them a server to play on, then I'm not too fussed about hitting the close button. If you don't appreciate my decision to close the server, and you are somewhat angered by it, make your own. I would of had the money if I hadn't of been scammed a few months earlier. I can safely say that I really couldn't care what other people think about my decision to close the server.

In the meantime I recommend you talk to OnlyGameServers who were brilliant and offered enormous support to me.

Now lets not carry this on.

TDC_Overlord said:
I don't need my words twisting. This is only the second time I have had a server. And to be fair if it is on non survival then it is my decision and it was only two players who wanted it on survival. Simon I recall being AFK and returning to find that I was in a war. I was helping Rost build his fort so I had to keep teleporting back up and teleporting others up to defend the damn thing while Rost built it. If it was not realistic then fair enough but Rost put an enormous amount of effort into it while continuously getting shot down whilst doing so. There is stress, the first two days were horrible. This morning I woke up to be spammed in steam because I was ill all of yesterday. I'm not carrying on with it anymore, according to some people I "have" to be on the server 24/7, and when I'm ill for one day I get loads of insults for it. If people can't respect that I have my own life, and that I am the one who has given them a server to play on, then I'm not too fussed about hitting the close button. If you don't appreciate my decision to close the server, and you are somewhat angered by it, make your own. I would of had the money if I hadn't of been scammed a few months earlier. I can safely say that I really couldn't care what other people think about my decision to close the server.

In the meantime I recommend you talk to OnlyGameServers who were brilliant and offered enormous support to me.

Now lets not carry this on.

im just voicing my opinion not trying to start a flaming war and its not me who was just thinking that.

Simon, you should show some respect to TDC, he payed for a server you played on, and the annoying-level of being asked "how can I become admin pl0x0s0x0" is huge, I bet you couldn't stand for 1 day hosting your own server, not just because you wouldnt have the money for it, because you wouldn't have the guts to come online on steam.

Ok that's enough now. I payed out for the  server and realised soon after that my money was running short. If Simon wants to post his opinion then fair enough. I expect I will not be taking up the role of owning a server for a long time, not until I feel I am financially secure to pay out for one.

Othurin said:
Simon, you are a troll. When the server closed down and we went to TR_xxx you impersonated an admin and killed everyone...

i think you will find that i wasnt playing then and it was someone elts pretending to be me >.<

Matthieu said:
Simon, you should show some respect to TDC, he payed for a server you played on, and the annoying-level of being asked "how can I become admin pl0x0s0x0" is huge, I bet you couldn't stand for 1 day hosting your own server, not just because you wouldnt have the money for it, because you wouldn't have the guts to come online on steam.

i am tdc.. im on steam right now. face desk. like i said before i wasnt trying to start a flame war just voicing my opinion

Simon, just drop it. Nobody has infinite money, and atm he cannot afford a server. If you dislike it that much, go host your own server, and see how it goes. End of discussion please

Simon_PW said:
TDC_Overlord said:
As a 14 year old on 0 income, I am not willing to carry on with the server. I would happily join a server if someone created one but I am not so happy with hosting one.

Main reasons

I can't afford to keep it going.

why do you always make a sever then close it down after a few days? if you know you cant afford to keep it up don't waist everyone's time

The player base does not exactly respect that I am the hoster.

maybe because your never on and when you are you just shoot at people when at war w/o knowing who they are from a unrealistic building floating in the sky while the sever ALWAYS being on none survival mode?

The stress is annoying, and gets in the way of my work.

you have not done anything to be stressed about

I don't like the current version of The Wild Wind.

.18 comes out soon way to give up on the mod .-)

The player base is small and rules are often misunderstood.

These Rules are mostly based around v0.18.
1.  No Randoming: Killing a player without reason or justified speech. This rule does not apply for war with another fort/clan.
2. No Griefing: Do not destroy the work of others without a justified reason.
3. Mine Possession: Once you build a fort around a mine it is yours.  You decide who goes in and out to mine. There will be several mines on the map, one of the will be public for all to use.
4. No insults towards an administrator.
5. Raids MUST be announced 3 times and you must wait a minute afterwards.
6. No Revenge Killing

the rules are understood just not inforced because i think the best idea is to have one admin that is NEVER on and when he is, he is doing what i stated above. also tping to your flying fort after you die -claps-

I would like the spare time to play other games, without having to join the server every second.

you have not been playing your own sever much why would you make a sever on a game you didn't want to play ALOT

Finally I hate (and I mean hate) it when people message me in steam "CAN I BE ADMIN I WILL BE GOOD" or "MAKE MY FRIEND ADMIN HE GOOD I SWEAR".

just stop being a friend whore and get rid of friends on steam.

I will to support this mod but I will not continue with the server. I have faith that when the next version comes out more servers will appear and more players will.

the one thing i dont have to say that is bad.

A big well done to Shredzorz for the wonderful mod and a great apology for all the players that will miss playing on TDCR. I may carry on when I have some spare money. For now someone else will have to buy a server.

so that when you run out of "spare money" the sever goes down again? *cringe*

moral of the story a good friend will tell you the truth to your face. tbh the players just get bored of none survival mode.

kidding-me.png

Sorry just read this thread and felt like pointing that out. Necro-thread-ing FTW I guess.

Nice one, although I really wanted to forget all this. I have been inactive for 2 weeks and come back to see my nightmare server thread necromanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom