The official Goodbye thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dude, it's hilarious on TeamSpeak when we attack a flight of bombers or fighters and you hear "Tallyho" in 15 different accents.  :lol:

Of course we have a couple of proper Brits who at least make us sound somewhat authentic.  :lol:

Cyborg Eastern European said:
Sounds like the Battle For Britain went really tits up, if you have units that mixed.  :razz:

We're the "Dirty Dozen" of the RAF. Hell, I used to be hardcore LW, before Jim was all "let's fly Hurris guys!!! It will be fun."

We even have Wellen "The German" Brecher as a ranking member.

Gestricius said:
Ulf, you're making me want to buy it and I'm pretty sure no one wants that. >_>

We're always trying to bring more people to the light that is flight simming.

Realized this thread wasnt in my updated topics. Made me sad, I dont want to miss if somebody leaves. Then I figured I'd try not to look like a massive twat and actually contribute to a post, so I looked up exactly what CLoD was. Got past  all the pictures of various clods of meat, and saw it was some sort of airplane-thing, and it looked vaguely similar to Battleground Europe, which I have played. Point of the post being, is it at all similar?

Small world, I too played Battleground Europe, started my flight sim career there ages ago in fact.  :razz:

It's similar in the it involves WW2 fighters/bombers, but CLoD is much more realistic and focuses exclusively on the Battle of Britain (although they are working on adding the Mediterranean/North Africa). BE is more general (in that you play across most of Western Europe and you can play as infantry, armor, AT, AA, ships, and planes, although, I would argue none of them are as detailed as in CLoD).

CLoD also has much more detailed cockpits (which are all clickable, i.e. you can click on everything in the cockpit to do stuff as well as map it to keys).

Nice. I'd love to give it a try once I have a new PC. And internet. And money. I havent even played BE in such a long time, but the images I found on google of CLoD were quite a bit better looking. Couple that with the features you mentioned and I'll most certainly be trying it out.

Cyborg Eastern European said:
Sounds like the Battle For Britain went really tits up, if you have units that mixed.  :razz:

Well, almost 20% of the RAF's fighting strength during 1940 was composed of Johnny-Foreigner giving it some to the Hun. Obviously most of them came from the Commonwealth and Empire but the accents would almost certainly have been just as varied as they are on our TeamSpeak.
Bear in mind that these are just the pilots, I am sure there were many, many more 'erks' and ground-crew from other nations as well.
The list runs as such: Poland, New Zealand, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Belgium, Australia, South Africa, France, Ireland, United States, Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), Jamaica, Barbados, Newfoundland and Northern Rhodesia. There were Norwegians, Danes and other occupied countries filtering through the Operational Training Units at the time of the campaign, also.

Back
Top Bottom