Rome at War: Previews + News!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rgcotl said:
well it was some time when we showed something and we do not really did many new things in the past month
but hope the next month will be better and i could find more time to work on

so here is an special helmet with will be available probably only hypapists and king philip if we decide to do such character
hveriginaprev.png

Man that is one ugly Thracian helmet(As far as Thracian helmets go). You made it look great though:smile:.

Edit: Shields of Macedon
maceshieldpict1.png
macedonianpict3.PNG
maceshieldspict2.png

well time for some updates 2 of 3 simple Thracian design helmets
3Th is coming i just need make a new style of plume with i dint yet
h_thracian.png

h_thracian3.png

well the last thracian helmet in colection
i am not very hapy with the current plume i did but for the moment i hope this will be ok

h_thracian2_prev.gif

well i guess now it looks a bit better than before :smile:
h2_thracian_prev.png

I am rather fond of this Thracian style of helmet, very nice indeed.

Also, I noticed a collection of shields by Gothic Knight and Rgcotl a few pages back, I'm not sure if it's still useful but maybe this site:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/luke/ueda-sarson/Greek_shield_patterns_1.html can help a little. :smile:

well number 2 is not exactly like in the reference
the helmet design is a lot simpler than the shape i did and checkpieces are to a bit different (but i do not really wanted to do exactly cause it cant look as good as it looks now with the current style)
+ another note is that i do not needed to spend time on making small modifications on the main helmet shape for each helmet
cause mainly then i would need to do changes in all normal maps and so on

+ the facts that most of those helmets are some kind of drawing with don't make it unique to a real life references so i have taken the one with i had the most references

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom