[research] Ptolemaic Egypt

Users who are viewing this thread

we also need help with Ptolemaic Egypt [ era ~305BC- 200BC]
so if you know something about thems then help us do an historical faction with yours knowledge

someting i found in RTW forums

NileMosaicOfPalestrinaSoldiers.jpg

NileMosaicOfPalestrina.jpg

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

phalanx.jpg

WGH-GR-04-MacPhal-box-front-50-600x405.jpg

zvezda-plastic-kits-macedonian-phalanx-zve-8019_lrg.jpg

Montvert-ThePtolemaicArmy3.jpg

Montvert-ThePtolemaicArmy5.jpg

ptole5.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

But the pictures are mostly macedonians. As far as i know most of Egyptean army was without armor due to high temperatures and armor got too hot.

I would have thought that even the Hellenic state of Ptolemaic Egypt would have been more... Egyptian.

Ej777 said:
jepekula said:
I would have thought that even the Hellenic state of Ptolemaic Egypt would have been more... Egyptian.
You'd be surprised. Macedonian culture had a rather large impact on everything it touched.
I do know that, but I would have not expected Egypt to become fully Hellenic like that, but rather go heavily Hellenic, but still retain parts of their own military structure.
I am not an expert on Ancient History, and even less on Ancient Egypt.

jepekula said:
Ej777 said:
jepekula said:
You'd be surprised. Macedonian culture had a rather large impact on everything it touched.
I do know that, but I would have not expected Egypt to become fully Hellenic like that, but rather go heavily Hellenic, but still retain parts of their own military structure.

I understand where you're coming from, I always thought that Egypt would keep it's culture intact aswell.

Ej777 said:
jepekula said:
Ej777 said:
jepekula said:

I understand where you're coming from, I always thought that Egypt would keep it's culture intact aswell.
Culturally they may have remained the same, but military wise, they would have taken upon a more Macedonian style of warfare, using the phalanx etc.

DarthTaco said:
Ej777 said:
jepekula said:
Ej777 said:
jepekula said:

Culturally they may have remained the same, but military wise, they would have taken upon a more Macedonian style of warfare, using the phalanx etc.

:O NOT THE PHALANX!

Ej777 said:
DarthTaco said:
Ej777 said:
jepekula said:
Ej777 said:
jepekula said:

:O NOT THE PHALANX!
Aye the dreaded formation of men with long pointy sticks stabbing other poor sods who had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of them!

DarthTaco said:
Ej777 said:
DarthTaco said:
Ej777 said:
In the dictionary it refers to Phalanx as:

Phalanx. A Hellenistic style of spear warfare. Refer to OP.
Pointy stabby Ej. Only definition you need.

Normally 128 pointy stabby things in an Ancient rendition of a tank.
The next question: Where there Tree's and Seagulls involved!

No, but there were an awful lot of pikes involved though.

Ej777 said:
DarthTaco said:
Ej777 said:
DarthTaco said:
Ej777 said:
In the dictionary it refers to Phalanx as:

Phalanx. A Hellenistic style of spear warfare. Refer to OP.
Pointy stabby Ej. Only definition you need.

Normally 128 pointy stabby things in an Ancient rendition of a tank.
The next question: Where there Tree's and Seagulls involved!

No, but there were an awful lot of pikes involved though.
Lies and slander! The pike shaft was made of what was a tree. Obviously the points were made of seagull beaks.

Back
Top Bottom