Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Player faction troops are not planned but you can decide which nationality you want to train in your villages, furthermore some places will produce troops depending on the faction that holds it, for example if Rome conquers parts of Italy it will unlock some Socii (allied) troops and Legions although I want to make changes to the later.

Not every Roman legionnaire was Italian (at the time this mod is set they were)

interesting point to discuss :roll:

however there is a real gooooooooood point in your opinion which could be a suitable solution: why not mantain the previous faction troops in the conquered village and, obviously,  Seek & Destroy's Socii system and introduce a kind of building in which- after like three months for example- you could start training your own culture troops? like a gradual change of culture, you know Romanization, but designed for WB needs.

mods can be unrealistic but they are the natural evolution step from the Native versions. So they can only improve. you can see a good mod when the developers coniugate realistic elements and gameplay solutions in a mediate way. a good coder creats a brand new gameplay, he's not slave of it.

a thing that could be a leap can  be an original  ambush system . Samnites used to fight more in a guerrilla style of war than open battles (see Caudium) so they managed to win many battles against Romans. they should have more chance than the others to trap you in the mountains and slain your men, some scenes can be required. Roman route , valley path, rolling trees fallen in the middle, some fire, piece of convoy all over: Rome 2 will be forgotten :lol:

Bit of a bug I think I've run into in SP.

I am serving in the Roman army under a tribune and we've kicked some butt, had our butts kicked, and generally stabbed a lot of people.

However, I have yet to be promoted from peasant with a stick in his army. Do I need to leave and re-enlist with him to get the promotion chain fixed?

EDIT: I would also like eventually to have an accurate to life toga to wear when I am not slaughtering my enemies with a pointed stick.

:mrgreen: more helmets, shields, items and colors...

013.jpg

rgcotl said:
Gewehr98 said:
EDIT: I would also like eventually to have an accurate to life toga to wear when I am not slaughtering my enemies with a pointed stick.

if you mean senators toga then we have no plans for it at the moment

004.jpg

35-2c07d87b99.jpg

101.jpg

I'd reallly love to have the Battlecries in SP.

I don't want to have stat boost with it, just the abiliti to cheer with my men when the battle is lost ^^

(Although Battlecries in Brytenwalda are pretty balanced)

What about have those battlecries be used as in place of the current ones? The current noises men make when fighting sounds like one man making 5 different noises at once.

I'd really like to see what kind of Garden is hidden in the castle hall !!! :lol:

And also, books are useless in the game, aren't they?

edit:
they work as Always but I can't see any percentage. the other day I've finished to read a Treatise after one month  :mad:
it would be very funny if bards were turned into Greek comic or tragic actors or authors of fabulae Atellanae and books into hellenistic scrolls in the future :wink:

I can imagine how good a Rgcotl model of a classical theatre mask should be...

Good ideas indeed EFREM !  :wink:

I had one also when I saw some pictures. What about making cloaks as indepandent pieces of armor to wear over any linothorax or cuirass and using the "hands" slot which is empty at the moment. I think it would add something interesting to some units looking especially to the cavalry units one.
And maybe it can be reserved for high rank units as lords, centurios, lochanos...etc

What do you think ?

Edit : I just took a look at the "[research] Macedonia" section actually  :mrgreen: There is an handful of exemples of what I mean there

I don't have seen it yet but the gekokujo dev tied some armor parts to the leg slot so when you equip suneate you also equip a jinbaori. I thought something similar could be done for cloaks. Maybe making some chiton and armor variations with a cloak which perfectly fits ?

Anyway thanks for your quick answer  :wink: what a same my idea doesn't suit warband constraints :lol:

Harada said:
I don't have seen it yet but the gekokujo dev tied some armor parts to the leg slot so when you equip suneate you also equip a jinbaori. I thought something similar could be done for cloaks. Maybe making some chiton and armor variations with a cloak which perfectly fits ?

Anyway thanks for your quick answer  :wink: what a same my idea doesn't suit warband constraints :lol:

Not long time ago I suggested increase the number of coats for Romans and Greeks, so we have had the same idea Harada :lol:

you know it's pretty normal to think about this. I mean Roman and Greek litterature it's full of references of Himation, macedonian clamis, paludamentum for Imperatores (the victorious general, dont'you try to request any lorica segmentata! AH!) or old rags used by pastors and poors. this clothing element was so fundamental in Greece that there was even Death penalty for cloak stealing  :roll:
litterature goes from Esopos and Aristophanes to Petronius Arbiter  in the Roman world.

furthermore  hellenistic figurative art shows lot of mak knights and even Alexander Always surrounded by wonderful and rich cloaks, so in our imagination we have this as a commonplace.
and then we have also seen Rgcotl new celtic clothes with dat buttons so we are forced to make this request!

another suggestion I've been thinkin' about:

I'd also like to have more starting options  as a commoner. I do not like to start as a vassal ready for war, it's quite boring. I usually choose the low ranks to level up as I want. I've noticed that you got a lot more advantage starting with a farmer or a doctor than a hoplite or a noble man. the only challenge is to gain more reknown but that's not that difficult, even if there aren't any tournaments.

I suggest the option to be an escaped slave, so you can start naked, without any weapon and only 30 denars, that's all you got from stealing or murdering your master. in addition to to  that  you have bad reputation cause on your skin it's visible the brand of a slave.
no lords will employ scum like you. you are a renegade from the society, manhunters will chase you. cities won't welcome you. your only way to continue your adventure is to start a warband of bandits and looters or to try to gain trust from a new master.
that's the kind of suicidal new game I'd like to play in SP.

only for Romans it can be possible to start as a Libertus. A legally freed slave: no reknown, no good reputation, starting with caligae and a shirt, 3000 denars on your own. you succeeded into save so much money serving your master to acquire your freedom after long years of trustful service. You are now a rich nobody who is trying to make his mark on the world. good persuasion and commerce abilities, absolutely weak

be a Cilician pirate, raid villages, destroy caravans, set up your own kingdom on conquered Greek polis. you shall not obey any word except your word. starting stats projected to be a fast assembler of armies for a fast campaign, full of dangers and battles. great tactician, looter and slaver, also very good leadership. no persuasion, no good reputation (you're a jerk), you're kind of a viking from the Meditarranean sea.

be a corybant, a priest of a foreign cult (maybe it could work with a religion system, but that's not the priority of the mod, I think).

be a litterate, smart-ass.

that's simply hints, hope you like it :wink:

I'd like to know what is the profit in being affiliated in a family  in wb :???:

Wasn't there a death penalty for pretty much anything back in those days? Draconian justice and all  :razz:?
Anyway, I do agree with you that new starts could be nice, especially outlaw ones.

in practice for anything you unleashed a massacre at that time  :lol:

the difference is between being a slave and a citizen with rights. a slave is whipped regardless of the testimony. you see the crime you get beaten, you commit the crime you get beaten, you don't want to talk the same, you talk the same.

ever heard of the wheel in Apuleius?

and Athenians were bloody basterds :cool:

I knew the escaped slave is perfect for an AAR.

I wonder if it can be possible to actually make important the entry into a family clan... pushing to the limit warband engine...

Back
Top Bottom