All 24 stable 11-member companion combinations!

Users who are viewing this thread

kalil

Recruit
I'm a geek.  Like I did for Floris, I created an excel document/visual basic program to check every possible 11+ member combination of companions for compatibility.  As it turns out, there are no 12-member combinations.  There are 24 stable 11-member combinations.  Here they are:

A couple other interesting notes.  The lowest total starting level companion combination is:
Alyssa
Ansen
Diev
Ediz
Kassim
Leslie
Riva
Sara
Sigismund
Sir Alistair
Sir Rayne

The highest starting level combination is:
Boadice
Diev
Ediz
Julia
Leslie
Lethaldiran
Sara
Sigismund
Sir Jocelyn
Sir Rayne
Sir Roland

With this information in hand:  Thoughts on the best combinations?  Also, thoughts on which 'pair' of 11-member builds would be good for transitioning a handful of companions to lords?

kalil said:
With this information in hand:  Thoughts on the best combinations?  Also, thoughts on which 'pair' of 11-member builds would be good for transitioning a handful of companions to lords?
Yeah, a plan for using (almost?) all the companions and transitioning the optimal ones to lords would be great.

MadVader said:
kalil said:
Yeah, a plan for using (almost?) all the companions and transitioning the optimal ones to lords would be great.
Hmm, poked it a bit and came up with this pair:

Boadice
Diev
Frederick
Julia
Kaverra
Leslie
Lethaldiran
Sara
Sigismund
Sir Jocelyn
Sir Roland
to
Alyssa
Ansen
Diev
Ediz
Kassim
Leslie
Riva
Sara
Sigismund
Sir Alistair
Sir Rayne

Boadice and Roland have high leadership skill, Frederick and Lethaldrin have badass special troops, so they all make great lords.  The two parties have only 4 members in common (Diev, Leslie, Sara, and Sigismund).  The second group is the lowest level party possible, containing both of the level 1 party members, allowing for maximum flexibility/customizability.  Since you'll be at a high level yourself when you transition, it should be relatively easy to level up.  The initial group is the second highest level group possible, containing several total badasses (*coughlethalcough*), which will assist you in the initial part of the game.

Oh, can anyone confirm that if you promote non-nobles to Lord before hiring on noble lords, there won't be any complaints?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125694.msg3180700.html#msg3180700 is that "stable"?

HUtH said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125694.msg3180700.html#msg3180700 is that "stable"?
Well, I wouldn't call that 'stable' - you've got to convince people to stay via the complaint dialogue.  I defined 'stable' as having any dislike balanced out by at least one 'like'.
Neat idea, though.

@Kalil
I did promote Julia and Frederick to lords (common), before I promoted Donovan and (gah, Dawn fellow). During the wars, both Julia and Fred did get lands after the noble ones did.
The complaints I did get though was from Nobles in other factions.

kalil said:
As it turns out, there are no 12-member combinations.

Are you sure? I've been using:

Lethaldrien
Julia
Leslie
Sigsimund
Sara
Jocelyn
Roland
Adonja
Ansen
Sir Rayne
Kaverra
Ediz

And it's been working fine so far with no one leaving.

Pacalon said:
kalil said:
As it turns out, there are no 12-member combinations.

Are you sure? I've been using:

Lethaldrien
Julia
Leslie
Sigsimund
Sara
Jocelyn
Roland
Adonja
Ansen
Sir Rayne
Kaverra
Ediz

And it's been working fine so far with no one leaving.
Ediz has issues with both Kaverra and Lethaldrin.

kalil said:
Ediz has issues with both Kaverra and Lethaldrin.

Hmm, you're right. I wonder why he hasn't left in my playthroughs yet? I'm like 400 days in on one and he hasn't left, or really complained much. Guess I've gotten lucky!  :cool:

Or you told his counterpart to shut up because you were supporting him and his opponent - luckily for you - hasn´t got a hate-person in the cricle but a like-one and  never complains because his pal comforts him in those cold and lonesome nights...

Hi, I just thought I'd add something. Been trying to find a spreadsheet or something that list all companions their skills and all of the biggest stable parties you can have. There was nothing available, so I used your list plus compiled what I could find out for all the stats and made my own spreadsheet where you can select all 24 combinations you have done and their top 10 party skills in order.

Anyway here it is, hope it works properly

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxP05Kd6HCCHLXp5UnZsQkhueWc/edit?usp=sharing

I made it in LibreOffice so that should be best to view it.

noosers said:
You might, if you don´t mind the *****ing and a persuasion check every 10 seconds.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Reminds me of my band of friends in real life.  HAHAHA  vitriolic best buds indeed

Keeping everyone is not so good idea in first place cause the more companions you have, the less xp they get from quest and battles since it divides between them, so I usually take Leslie and Ansen to cover INT skills, and those of others who have training skill. And it won't be hard keeping them this way, since there's not so many of them. But Leslie and Ansen will get levels fast, and you'll be able to cover all party int skills when they reach 30 INT. I accidently hire others just to send thme on "right-to-rule" and spy missions, if needed.

Well the handy thing about having a huge stable party is the fact that they don't die like regular troops and they are mounted (the more mounted stuff you have the faster you can travel). So it makes catching things a bit easier when you have slower troops with you, and some redundancy in skills is always nice if one of them gets "injured". I personally like putting 2 skills in everything on my main character (party skills) to get the +1 bonus then make everyone else focus on their own skills from whatever they start with. Then focus on leadership and skills that make me a bit tougher to kill in battle and watch them slaughter everything while I mop up the people who run away...

Each companion can take on a dozen men if trained and equipped properly.

With almost everyone using noldor bow + sword and board, my 12 companions can regularly wipe out entire singalian raiding parties of 100+ with very little effort.

I think that is worth it for the loot/xp split.

I've put in a character creation script thingy into the spreadsheet with potential points from books, it kinda works based on what someone else had done (outdated) with the companions combo and stats.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxP05Kd6HCCHSURnS1VKeE5FMjA/edit?usp=sharing

Should be quite handy for people deciding on a new character and team.

One thing though, I've looked up all the starting stats online but it seems it's not entirely accurate for PoP-3.51. Does anyone have the list of starting attributes for character creation, or is there any way of viewing the game files to extract that info? It's annoying because it's almost right, I've tweaked a few values to match what actually happens in 3.51 for example I read on two different places for 3.4 at least that "a loss of a loved one" gives a +1 to surgery when it is in fact first aid instead, and adventurer seems to give a +1 weapons training where it's not even mentioned anywhere I've read.

Wish the character creation just came out and told you rather than making it guess work. I want my character to be proficient in nothing in particular and learn things but maybe that's just me.

That excel sheet with caracter choices is amazing... Could you guys please help him get it up to date for Pop 3.51 ?

One question... Did you used the info from this thread ?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151593.15.html

Back
Top Bottom