Map - Liscannor Bay [1.01]

Users who are viewing this thread

Just so you know which file. Go into your pw folder and then the scene obj folder, upload whichever scene you have been editing and then post the link on his thread.

For the scene code go to scenes.txt and copy and paste the scene number's line that you have been editing, it goes from scene number to outer terrain.

Alright, map is uploaded, along with the scenes.txt. If anyone wants to host it feel free. You don't even need to ask, just let me know so i can go to your server and see it in action  :smile:

It's true that most people wont know about the trade system, but if you ask me that's a good thing. If there were too many merchants then they'd sell all the stockpiles before the workers can replenish them, and that's no fun. They'll have to hire caravan guards and stuff anyway, so there's more than one way to get involved.

This looks very professional. I will download it and take a look in edit scene. Thanks for providing this to the community!

Lazuli a word of urgent advice. Never rename the scene obg file to anything else or the game will not read the map. I loaded it up and it was a blank map just grass. Rename it to scene 12 whatever and upload again.

The spawn points are messed up, I will fix that.

Yeah i renamed it because i figured server hosts will probably have to change the number anyway, but I guess I could re-upload it as scene 12 again to avoid confusion.

By public use I really mean anyone has permission to host it. Apparently there are a lot of "private" maps that are for only one server so I just wanted to be clear that anyone is allowed to use it. I'm not really looking for other people to edit it and call it their own, they'd have to ask me permission for that and have a good reason. I'll change the first post to avoid confusion.

Lazuli said:
Yeah i renamed it because i figured server hosts will probably have to change the number anyway, but I guess I could re-upload it as scene 12 again to avoid confusion.
You could rename it for extremely lazy server hosters (that didn't read the stickied server hosting guide properly), but you should not rename it to scn_scene_12.sco or anything higher than 9, since those slots are set up for specific released scenes, and the aforementioned lazy hoster won't bother changing the server list name either, resulting in it being falsely advertised in game (as "Game of Thrones" in this case).

Vornne said:
Lazuli said:
You could rename it for extremely lazy server hosters (that didn't read the stickied server hosting guide properly), but you should not rename it to scn_scene_12.sco or anything higher than 9, since those slots are set up for specific released scenes, and the aforementioned lazy hoster won't bother changing the server list name either, resulting in it being falsely advertised in game (as "Game of Thrones" in this case).

Good to see I'm not the only one still haunted by what turned out to be my opus.

Great map! The trading posts docks seem a little visually off, but other than that the map's very nice and clean.

Glad to see others still releasing their scenes publicly, seems like everyone's so worried about exclusivity and stuff nowadays. Plus, the map looks great from the overhead.

Lazuli said:

By public use I really mean anyone has permission to host it. Apparently there are a lot of "private" maps that are for only one server so I just wanted to be clear that anyone is allowed to use it. I'm not really looking for other people to edit it and call it their own, they'd have to ask me permission for that and have a good reason. I'll change the first post to avoid confusion.

Good, but i want to use i will have to make several change, possibly on the economic system.
Basically, i want to allow trading (and reward it ) not to force it.
Also the non essential resources ( Everything no wood and iron) are extremely hard for people to harvest because of multi steps work instead of direct reward on selling.
Therefore you will find out that without a carful mapping people will leave aside food, linen and hide ( especially linen and hide)  which is hard to set up a proper economic line when it's come to engineers.

I suggest to include every resource in an area, to encourage people to settle. But if you want a trading system to establish, then limit the resources. Like one faction will be nesting in the mountains with plenty of ore to mine, but the other factions have at least 1-2 rocks to mine from, in order to supply some equipment. Then a merchant from the Mountain Castle will buy 20 rocks for 200 each, and bring a cart and cart horse all the way to Forest Castle to receive 600 for each ore.

Checked out the map and its pretty nice. Specially love the mining island concept.

However its missing the lowest numeric spawn point (20,30,40,etc) Causing bad spawn ins to water and random spots.

Also the Blue sailed boat in commoner town does not steer, I have fixed these to run on the US_East server, mapper might release his own version though.

Great map, thanks

GK_JaXm said:
Checked out the map and its pretty nice. Specially love the mining island concept.

However its missing the lowest numeric spawn point (20,30,40,etc) Causing bad spawn ins to water and random spots.

Also the Blue sailed boat in commoner town does not steer, I have fixed these to run on the US_East server, mapper might release his own version though.

Great map, thanks
Yes that's the first thing I noticed when I entered. I searched for the pw castle capture points and fixed all of the spawn points. I might upload the fixed version some time this week on this thread.

Great map, it's being used on the US_PW4_East_RP server now. I noticed that as a member of the village though, that some of the doors are locked by the faction that owns the "Invalid Castle Name" and not the villagers that own the village.

Back
Top Bottom