[NW][M] Boshin No Jietai: The Fall of the Samurai - Welcome Attila the Nun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Not my cup of tea, but for those interested in the era, this'll be absolutely amazing and a godsend for those interested in Oriental history. Best of luck, this looks like it'll be very successful.

DarkOmega said:
Not the biggest fan of The samurai and all that jazz but good luck.

then you can join the Imperials and shoot samurai's :razz:. There are as far as I can tell no samurai at the Imperial side. try your luck :razz:

Yukimura_Sanada said:
DarkOmega said:

then you can join the Imperials and shoot samurai's :razz:. There are as far as I can tell no samurai at the Imperial side. try your luck :razz:

Imperial??? Are you talking about the Boshin War?

Yukimura_Sanada said:
DarkOmega said:

That u'll lead to rather interesting multiplayer scenarios and i am interested to see how balanced it would be. :smile:

You'll have a very interesting selection of firearms for this mod, firelocks traditional Japanese and European ones, early and late flintlock muskets, percussion cap muskets, early revolver and volcanic pistols and even breach loaders!

Without wanting to spoil the surprise too much think of the American civil war union side weapons a similar-ish uniforms for the imperials and obviously a mix of levy and samurai for the shogunate. Also some experimental/production prototype weapons may make an appearance :wink:

DarkOmega said:
Yukimura_Sanada said:
DarkOmega said:

That u'll lead to rather interesting multiplayer scenarios and i am interested to see how balanced it would be. :smile:

Well all i can say is the Samurai get something special :wink: to counter the imperials(While being historical accurate.

Sorry for the double but this seemed it needed another post to bump it so people could see.

This mod has muskets and rifles, a common misconception I seem to be getting from people *Cough* Fabio *cough* is that it is just and I quote
[16te] Maier | [12e] Fabio: I thought it's only bows and swords

I was confused because there were only bows and samurais armed with swords on the screenshots -.-

[Fabio] said:
I was confused because there were only bows and samurais armed with swords on the screenshots -.-

This is set during the Boshin war(hence the title)which was fought between 1868-1969(A few years before the satsuma rebellion), by that time Japan was modernizing and had armies equipped with muskets and rifles. It's pretty much explained on the first post, so if you had bothered to read the first post(and did a little research on japanese history) before posting you wouldn't have gotten confused.

It's just annoying when people don't do their research before making comments, granted my research came from movies and wikipedia but it's better than having no knowledge at all and simply saying "I thought samurai's only used swords and bows, not guns".

Movies give the best research  :razz:.. that is until Yuki comes and tells me off for missing out something blatantly obvious and I go back into my corner and code.

From what I've gathered from Yuki's ramblings, its that it means "Battles of the Boshin War" and Boshin war means "War in the Year of the Dragon". So Battles of the War in the Year of the Dragon

Slawtering said:
From what I've gathered from Yuki's ramblings, its that it means "Battles of the Boshin War" and Boshin war means "War in the Year of the Dragon". So Battles of the War in the Year of the Dragon

It should be Chinese. :3

But I'm rather looking forward to this now how is progress.

Back
Top Bottom