Darkfall Online

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.darkfallonline.com

Has anyone been interested in this game? I know I am.

It seems awesome, and it's going public beta soon, so I can check my expectations.

Anyway, a few features that I like:

No Level system, you get stronger by using skills, which don't necessarily mean fighting skills (which brings me to my next point)

Fighting is not the only option, you can also choose to be a lord of kingdoms, a peasant, toiling to put bread in the table, and a merchant, owner of a vast expanse of trade networks. (Again bringing me to my next point)

Mounts and Ships! Apparently, mounts won't just be for display, the site itself says that cavalry charges and the like are viable options to take cities in in this game! (Yet again, it brings me to my next point)

Cities! You can apparently make your own cities, and have player-houses! And a large world map (explorable by boat I'm sure. ). 5 different continents and a lot of islands to go to! An explorer's dream if you ask me.

So yeah, it really seems like this game's gonna be awesome.

(If anyone is interested, we can make a TaleWorlds clan, and sign up for the Guild Beta. We can also make some GuildCafe page for it. :grin: )

Current Clan Members
Tuckles
Nabutso
Gculk
Skit
Freebird
TheDrunkenMoron - Tentative
Servitor

I'll sign us up as the TaleWorlds Guild, a tentative name.

Leprechaun said:
Looks pretty good. I don't want to pay for MMO games though.

Not many MMOs at your disposal then, eh?

Anyway, DF is very interesting. Beta has been "soon" for 6 years though, so don't hold your breath. :razz:

Lhorkan said:
Leprechaun said:
Looks pretty good. I don't want to pay for MMO games though.

Not many MMOs at your disposal then, eh?
I don't play them. In the case of ones like these I just wish they had singleplayer or had CoD style multiplayer you could pick up with mates whenever you wanted.

Well, their projected beta release is this summer, and they've got half of the races fleshed out. So I'm guessing by winter it'll be Open Beta. (They've been alpha+closed beta for 6 years? Not to mention dev't, that's slower than Oblivion! But the game looks purrtyer as well.)

Orcs, Humans, Werewolves, Dark Elves, Elves, and Dwarves... in 3 words... TALEWORLDS FORUMS!  :lol:

Anyway, tell me if you guys are thinking of joining, so I can establish a TaleWorlds Clan (with a diff name of course)

I have been following the development for some time, and will certainly try to join the closed beta, and certanly join the open beta. After that, tis'a matter of money. I do not pay monthly fees for games.  :???: Or at least, I never saw a game worth my monthly money yet, apart from Runescape, way back when it still was easy and quiet and
wurm online, which is to ambitious for me these-days. Both games are 5 euro a week, which I find acceptable.

You forgot an important strong point of the game.
Darkfall's combat system is well balanced and well thought out, and the action is real-time, fast paced, and exciting. You’re in the thick of the action, not merely observing it.

Servitor

I'm not really a battle person, but yeah, I do wanna see the battle system of this game.

So I'll sign you up to be a member of the "TaleWorlds" guild then Servitor? It'd be a pleasure to build an empire with you.

@the Money, I'm wondering too, if this game is as good as it seems, I'm going to do everything in my power to be able to pay for this game.

Archonsod said:
Heh, sounds like your generic fantasy MMORPG to me.

As for paying, I'll pay for a monthly game when they make one that doesn't feel like work :lol:

It looks to me that it isn't though. Seeing as your generic fantasy MMORPG is a hack-n-slash clickfest (a la WoW), and this seems to be more of a community based thing. Oh, and I forgot to mention, you can RIDE AND WORK Siege equipment.  :shock: That really adds a twist to the Fantasy-MMORPG-PVP genre. It also features the farming, and mercantile aspects, which I haven't seen done in a long time (unless you count runescape I guess.), in any case, I hope you give it a try Arch, you seem like one heck of a gamer.  :wink:

I'll go check htis thing out.
Be back in 5 min if i wanna join this clan or not
  :smile:

Sign me up for the clan!
Send me a PM when Open Beta comes around.

Back
Top Bottom