[University] - Minimods & Guides & Strategies

Users who are viewing this thread

Download the latest guides here, read the best tips and strategies in this thread and make sure you're ready to enter the Napoleonic Era!

Guides

It's still unfinished!
> Download Link <
How the ranking system works (renown):
(Being vassal is a condition as well)
Code:
0. Soldier		0 - 100	
1. Corporal		100 - 200
2. Sergeant		200 - 600	
3. Sergeant Major       600 - 800 
4. Lieutenant		800 - 1000	
5. Captain		1000 - 1200
6. Major		1200 - 1400
7. Colonel		1400 - 1800
8. General		1800 - 2400
9. Marshall		2400 - (~)
mapoftown.png
mapofvillage.png
image1jfu.png

image2as.png

image3id.png

image4rl.png

image5b.png

image6aj.png

Tips

1. Improving athletics makes you running faster than your enemies. Handy for retreating situations.
2. Buy houses and rent them out. Invest the money you get into enterprises.

Strategies

Some stuff on warfare (partly from my experience with version 1):
Soldiers shoot best when they’re stationary; Having an unmoving line of musketeers is always better than having your soldiers shoot when they charge, because their aim becomes useless when moving. And because they have to be stationary when reloading, they tend to move when aiming and shooting. Basic tactic for defense is thus: Tell your men to hold fire, choose a nice spot for a line (like a hill) and tell them to hold position there, and when the enemy comes into range, open fire.
The types of firearms your soldiers use will greatly influence the battle. British muskets are rather fast, while French and Austrian ones have better accuracy and range. Other muskets are mostly poorer than these, especially the Russian ones, which are the worst guns used by regular troops in Europe. Rifles have better accuracy and range than any musket, but are slower.
If your soldiers’ weapons have longer range than your enemies’ ones, you have a solid advantage, especially when you’re attacking. In that case, just advance till just out of range of your enemies (but still within range for your own soldiers), and you can pretty much decimate the enemy. Riflemen are especially skilled in this. But when your enemies have longer range than you, you must either hide behind terrain, or charge them. When you’re attacking, the enemy won’t come for you and you cannot just await them behind a hill. Then you must charge them, for which you should either have a good number of experienced melee-fighters (like Grenadiers), or outnumber your enemy. Shooting when charging is rather ineffective (especially against stationary troops), and slows you down a lot; Forming a firing-line under fire is risky and can cost you many men, but if your weapons are good (like the fast British muskets), it could work. The last option is a bayonet-charge; When within bayonet range Veterans and Grenadiers are on their best, especially against Riflemen, who only have swords to defend themselves with, and are weak in melee. Woods or slightly hilly terrain are the ground on which a bayonet charge can be most effective and least costly.
If you’re Russian, forget about shooting; The Russian muskets are the worst in Europe, but their infantrymen are better in melee compared to their foreign counterparts.
Cavalry is still devastating in 1805, and a massed charge against infantry can only be stopped by the hardest veterans. Or by some water, of course.
- If you have trouble at the start of the game, become a mounted char and get a heavy cavalry sabre as soon as possible. (The French An IX heavy cav saber is best IMO; A Pallasch has shorter reach.) With a good horse and a long heavy sword, you dominate the battlefield, especially against looters (Revolutionists), and other bandits. Regular troops, especially Grenadiers, can be still trouble though; never charge them head-on if they aim their musket at you!  < +10
-If your character is a good fencer I’d suggest doing the 30 man brawls in the barracks, one thousand francs a go is nothing to sneer at :wink:.

Minimods

Scroll down and click the green button with this text 'Download (xx KB)'.
Download and put it into "...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Europe 1805 [vx.xx]"

Black Bullet

Smoke - Standard Quality

Smoke - High Quality

Smoke - Medium Quality

Smoke - Low Quality
Either use Joseph Fouché or Johnny Five Aces. Both is not possible.
Download and put it into "...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Europe 1805 [v2.2]"

Companion Minimods
Every time you visit a street scene, it's added as option after clicking 'Take a walk around the streets'.
Download and put it into "...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Europe 1805 [v2.2]"

Fast Travel
By: Kendoman
Download and put .txt files into "...\Mount&Blade\Modules\Europe 1805 [v2.2]"

Troop Tweaks 1.5

Troop changes
- Spanish dragoons:  1790 Pallasch
- Wuerttemberger Jaeger zu Pferd:  light cavalry sabres ,more bullets +Horse Archery 2
- Wuerttemberger Jaeger zu Pferd Veteran:  light cav sabres, more bullets +Horse Archery 3
- Brit Queen Anne's Hussar:  l x bullets,  lvl 25, power Str.3, Riding 6,  AGI 15,  2hd sword 250
- Bavarian Light infantry:  Firearms 250
- Portuguese Dragoons: Swedish Officer Uniforms  Horse Arch 2,
- Portuguese Dragoons veterans: Swedish Officer Uniforms  Horse Arch 3 Firearms 250
- Russian Hussars:  use shako …..done
- British light dragoons: Horse Arch 3 firearms 250
- British Rifle: Ath. 2,  1hd 100,  pole arms 100  added: broken matchlock, broken brown bess
- British Chosen Men:  Ath. 1, power str.1,  pole arms 120  added: broken matchlock, broken brown bess-Highlander: Iron 1, power str. 1 ath. 2  AGI. 12
- Blackwatch:  Iron 2, power str. 2, ath. 1,  AGI. 10, Str. 17, Lvl 25, Polearm 250, Broken musket-
- Brit Heavy dragoon:  Lvl  27,  Down 2
- Scotts Grey:  2hd 220
- Danish Dragoon: Horse Arch 2
- French Voltiguer: Ath 2
- French Grenadier: Iron 3
- French Dragoon: Horse Arch 2
- French Carabineer: Horse Arch 3
- French Elite Hussar: Riding 6
- Finnish Marksman: Ath.2

Item changes
- Adjusted infantry sword thrust damage and shortend it.
- Improved blunt damage of broken matchlock
- Made piercing damage of broken Brown Bess equal to other muskets

Version 1.1
- Increased Briquet cut dam. slightly
- Increased Sailor sabre cut dam. slightly
- Fixed inf sword.
- Lengthened officers sword. slightly
- Reduced Baker accuracy by 1 point increased rate of fire. slightly

Version 1.2
-Changed strange short sword/Waza to Melee Broken Baker and gave to Riflemen
-changed Sailor sword to Cutlass slight damage adjustment
-Added Plunderable items to many troops
-Changed Strange two handed sword nodachi to Rifled Carbine
-Small adjustments to all companions
-Gave Patrick Harper different shoes  (now no Crash)
-Improved starting clothes
-Gave Drummers Pathfinding skill of 2 (should increase troop speed)
-Gave peasant woman an upgrade line with new equipment: Camp Follower, Forager, Sergeants Wife, Officers Mistress
-Created 2 new troops Sappers and Veteran Sappers.  They are an upgrade from Veteran Irish Infantry
-Change Coote Manninghams troops to Riflemen.  He commanded the 95th

Version 1.3
-Changed Broken Baker to also have Horizontal swings
-Fixed Cutlass and Scimitar damage
-Reduced accuracy of Russian musket
-Adjusted price of Rifled Carbine to fit value
-Fixed Veteran Sapper armor
-Changed Boar spear to Spontoon (Only thrusting, longer and slightly better pierce than bayonette)
-Gave Polish Mercenary Lancers and Veterans Szabla and Tula
Big Change:
Created British Officer Unit and Grenadier Sergeant from guard and prison guard.
British Officer is an optional upgrade from Riflemen.  Melee focus like in original game
Grenadier Sergeant is an optional upgrade from Grenadier. It's a Melee unit with Spontoon
Changed Royal Marine to Grenadier Foot Guard.  I love them
This really changes the look of game for British. Grenadier Foot Guard and Grenadier Sergeant have a Bearskin.
**I know the brits didn't use them on campaign, but there is a reason artists always seem to use them.  I don't think it's ignorance I think it's because they look good.

Version 1.4
- I fixed the problems with the melee Baker,
- Added a little distance to the Rifled Carbine,
- Put Mathews uniform back to what it was,
- and took the Russia musket out of starting equipment, I was testing it and forgot I left it in...

Version 1.5
- Blackwatch Sergeant  (Upgrade from Blackwatch)
- All Standard Bearers have an axe.
- Ulhans have historical weapons: lance, pistol, and polish sabre.
- Revolutionaries, woodsmen, sailors and bandits have more clothing choices.
- Grenadiers, Foot Guard, and Fusiliers all wear historical Shako.
- England, Prussia, France and Austria have an optional Officer upgrade.

Easter Eggs
Wikipedia: Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, inside joke, or feature in a work such as a computer program, web page, video game, television program, movie, book, or crossword.

- The Hagia Sophia contains hidden rooms below the floor. Enable edit mode and press alt + enter, then ctrl + e to open the editor and view these rooms.
- The text on the triumphal arch contains 

Contribute

Do you have new guides, tips, strategies or minimods for Europe 1805 II!?
PM Quintillius about it and you might see your stuff in this thread!

I'd like a small guide on how to get formations to work and how to use them yourself? sadly, battle really have been a messy Warband-esqe skirmish for me.

SeanBeansShako said:
I'd like a small guide on how to get formations to work and how to use them yourself? sadly, battle really have been a messy Warband-esqe skirmish for me.
My grand guide teaches you how to use formations  :smile:.

Tell me, there is any way to measure the soldier's efficiency in matter of range and accuracy? Only trough their stats or you have to compare the weapon that they (apparently, because mostly muskets are pretty similar in design) use? And there is a way to see all the messages that show on the loading screen? They disappear too fast for me to read anything, and they seem to be pretty usefull.

The guide is awesome, i would like to say, anyway. Destroyed some rebels pretty easily. And the low quality smoke is improving my experience a lot. Thanks for the fix!

RodriguesSting said:
Tell me, there is any way to measure the soldier's efficiency in matter of range and accuracy? Only trough their stats or you have to compare the weapon that they (apparently, because mostly muskets are pretty similar in design) use?
That's a rather good question, I believe. There are some rules about this. Let's see...

-Rifles always (except the Flintlock Rifle ofcourse) have both a longer range and better accuracy than muskets. But they load slower.
Most light infantry sharpshooters in-game have rifles. The French Voltigeurs however carry muskets. But the British Riflemen, Finnish Sharpshooters, Norwegian Skiers (in Danish service), and all kinds of Jaegers have rifles. Some Ottoman and Balkan units (including the Janissaries I believe) have rifles too.

The different armies use different muskets. Each musket has its unique characteristics.
-In my opinion, the Austrian musket is the best. It is slower than some other muskets (like the Brown Bess and the Charleville), but it has good range and good accuracy. Actually, it has the best accuracy of all in-game muskets (still less than the rifles ofcourse). It is used by the Austrians, Bavarians and Serbians.
-The French m1777 Charleville is one of the most famous firearms of its time, and, according to the 1800s people, the best musket in the world. It has long range, good accuracy (only second to the Austrian musket or the rifles), and reasonable reloading time (it's slower than the Brown Bess but faster than most other muskets). It is used by the Dutch, Italians and French.
-The Russian m1805 musket stands out to be the worst musket used by armies in Europe. It is used by the Russians and the Montenegrins.
-The Prussian m1764 (or something like that) musket is outdated, and only better than the Russian musket, while worse than most others. It is used by the Prussians, Nassuvians, Hessians and Wuerttembergians.
-The Danish musket isn't outstanding too, but appears to be a very little bit better than the Prussian one. It is only used by the Danes.
-The Brown Bess is the famous British musket, and it has good reloading speed. However, it is outclassed by the French (and Austrian) musket by range and accuracy. It is used by the British and the Swedes.
The Brits also seem to have the India Pattern musket, which seems to be better than the Brown Bess, but I don't know which units use these.
-The Sicilian musket... used only by the Sicilians AFAIK; I don't know much about it, but it seems inferior to the better Austrian & French muskets to me.
-The Spanish musket is the same story, don't really know much about it too. Used by the Spanish, and by the Portugese too, I think.
-I don't know anything about the Turkish muskets...

Then the rifles...
-The Jaeger rifle. A very good rifle, only inferior to the Baker Rifle. Used by almost all professional sharpshooters in Europe: Swiss, Austrian and Prussian Jaegers, Prussian Schuetzen, Finnish Marksmen and Norwegian Skiers.
-The famous Baker Rifle. Used only by British Riflemen. There's another British rifle around too, I believe, but I can't remember right now which one...
-The Fergusson Rilfe; a very fast reloading rifle, used by no in-game troops AFAIK, but sometimes appears in marketplaces. Very rare and expensive.
-The Tirolean 1780 Giradoni Air Rifle; An invention of the Devil, capable of firing 40 shots without reloading! 0.o Used only by the Tirolean Jaegers.
-The hunting Rifle; Inferior ot the Jaeger Rifle and the Baker, but still a good weapon in skilled hands. Used by Serbian Revolutionaries, Portugese Cacadores, and Forest Bandits.

Awesome explanation, Captured Joe. Thanks very much, where verily informative.
But now, is there an range limit for firearms on this mod? Where i can see it? And where i can read that pieces of info that shows when the game is loading?
Must add that the system of abilities simply revitalized the mod. At last, i can shoot someone at more than 10 feet...

Thanks, and cheers.

You accept the work, wait a day or so and go there again. There will be two options: Visit the lumberjack and Do your duty and work, or so. After you did that, visit the guy again and you can get your money.

I accepted the work, waited a day, and the only option that appeared was to ask the man for higher payment. Now he doesn't want to talk with me anymore...

You shouldn't talk with that guy.

It the "go to the Lumberjack" (or something) option you get the option "Talk with the Lumberjack" (or visit him, not sure), and (after a day), "Do your Duty and Work" option. Choose that please. It's not hard at all.

And when you worked, talk with the guy to get your pay.

Good eve, gentlemen. Since here is the most appropriate place for such request, i would like to hear any tip or hint about opening enterprises. Should I investigate the area's local economy or just search to open the most lucrative ones? I am having a terrible income with my brewery on Dublin...

Sorry for being a complete newbie, but, can someone explain how to get your money back AFTER you got a government bond and the 4 week thing passed?

Seems like I won't be able to work as lumberjack in this game. The lumberjack tells me the same all around the world... For the next game I won't ask for more money  :lol:

Captured Joe said:
I suggest talking with the Bank guy again.
There's no additional option or anything, I just have the usual options (buy more bonds, take a lawn, silver insurance, stock market and explaination). Is some kind of thing supposed to trigger automatically?

SirAlbert said:
Seems like I won't be able to work as lumberjack in this game. The lumberjack tells me the same all around the world... For the next game I won't ask for more money  :lol:
Get to work, you lazy ass :lol:

Paranoia said:
Captured Joe said:
I suggest talking with the Bank guy again.
There's no additional option or anything, I just have the usual options (buy more bonds, take a lawn, silver insurance, stock market and explaination). Is some kind of thing supposed to trigger automatically?
Now I'm confused. Doesn't it work the samy way as Shares? :???:

Back
Top Bottom