My Son: Gabriele

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
gaham1 said:
Quick question Gab: did your name, that you have for the forums base off oo Gabriele's name?
Yes but it is my son' s name  :wink:
Gabri-il-duro
(means Gabri-the-tough)
and was the name of the profile we made for WB, with very high skills, to make the game more "arcade" and easy for him.
Basically not to allow him to get too agiteted while playing, having then some more problems in his problematic behaviour.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I found this old question and decided to use it to start this new Topic, entitled and dedicated to my son, Gabriele.
I quickly credited my family in the list, but I honestly owe a lot to my wife and my daughter, for their infinite patience and the many times they had to do things theirselves, cuz I was busy in modding or answering to ppl on the forum..., all the time.
But I owe  expecially to my son, a strong motivation and help, cuz he actively played and tested many things.
He is a child and only 9 yo, and cannot spend too much time on the Pc, due to some personal problems.
But lately he got much better about his health and handling the gaming, in general.
He was so good to the 1860s mod, in terms of real help, making lists for me and dictating loooong lines of coding....and expecially after we connected 2 PCs and played MP on a Lan.
I suggest to try MP on a Lan to anybody that can do it ....cuz is soooo much fun, ....and allows you to play in different new scenes that I added, and with MORE factions, compared to SP.
I promised Gabri to have his own Topic here...I owe him.
Don t know exactly what and how to post things here, since I don t allow him to go on the Net alone, yet...but here it is, a topic dedicated to my adorable warrior child and to my whole family.  :mrgreen:

Gabby (papa')

Matthieu said:
Looks like you failed there, but it's a sweet, sweet, loving failure :wink:

Your son must be proud.
Thx Matt!  :smile:
...actually FAILED (fallito) has a real bad meaning in italian....and fortunately I don t think I really "failed".
I lost many battles in modding and in life, like evbody for sure....but I won the affection and respect of my family and of some true good Supporters!  :wink:
Gabby

Ok!
If 1860s got developed and got tothe great Mod that it is now, we all owe this ALSO to my son GABRIELE.
He is my BEST Tester atm, besides the great job that Helpers like JOE, MICK, and some more ppl did.
Gabri had to live with the fact that his father (me!) was more invoved in Modding 1755 (then 1776 ...and finally 1860s)) than spending the few free time I had, with him.
There was a moment in which Modding came before anything....and Gabri and my whole family, were VERY patient to stand that situation for a loooong while... :oops:
But they reached me again and we got a compromise. So that I try now to dedicate most time to my family, like I always used to do in the past.
Gabry supported me from day one in my Modding activity, and was proud of having a dad involved in PC games.
But he preferred to play with "Action Man" stuff ...and some old toys I still have at home, mainly western stuff.
I always encouraged him in that gameplay, cuz I find it more creative and stimulating in young age, than Videogames... :neutral:
Also,Gabri was found to have a light form of Tourette Syndrome, and he is not supposed to get too stimulated and agitated.
We got helped and followed on that, and he is reacting great, expecially now that we explained to him what made him feel so...strange!
I m very proud of my whole family, but Gabry surprised the whole world with his dedication and efforts, in life and school !  :cool:

Also, in my Modding, Old Far West made the difference...and gradually Gabri became more and more interested in my 1860s mod....till nowdays, in which we Tested the Multiplayer, connecting 2 PCs and playing a lot together!!!! :mrgreen:
We used to play some old games, sharing the PC controls and mouse, then M&B and WB.
Lately we alternate some 1860s MP sections, in which I usually play as the "Bad Guys" Faction (kids need to fight for the Good, folks...not for the Evil...remember that! ...talking about GTA, etc... :roll: ).
But we have the most fun when we fight side to side against the bad enemies!!
Gabri got incredibly good in shooting fast and precisely...even when galopping furiously around....(that s still difficult for me, even!  :shock: )
...and we always sprint to help companions that are surrounded by foes!!  :mrgreen:

In conclusion, I just ADORE my family, and I share many emotions with my son, expecially... we mostly have the same taste on things !!!

He was so happy that a whole Topic was dedicated to him,alone!
But he got very sad seeing that only one posted a comment (thx Matt! ) ...and no-one of his old friends is around, anymore (Alan, Auldman, CRUMBS, Dellivis ...etc...etc).
He also liked Gaxleep, cuz he made an italian 1860s topic, and Gabri could finally read and understand evthing that was said!!
Let s see who will spawn again to say hi!  :wink:
But he loved the new guys and friends that are posting and helping, such as JOE, Afton, etc...cuz they post also many DRAWINGS...and he adores them so much!!
He is showing my old ones to evbody, when visiting our home, after I found them and posted on the Topic!  :oops:

So, let s revive this Topic and let s all wish :
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Gabriele,
that today will be 10 years old !!!!!!!

His Father and best friend
Papi

Happy Birtday Gabriele! I hope you've had a nice day :wink: You have a awesome dad which does alot of good things for the future of modding Warband :wink:

Chylexx

Buon Compleanno Gabri! I hope it was a good one with lots of presents and maybe a nice party!  :grin: Sorry I was so late with these wishes but I did not see this till I logged on this morning!

I will try and post some pictures soon!

Thx v m to all of u up above and expecially to some that usually do not post often!
That was very nice, really.
Gab was happy and surprised!  :razz:

Gabby

Back
Top Bottom