Say cheese: reenactment style

Users who are viewing this thread

Just came across this one from Skipton (yarr, more English Civil Wars goodness);
BQ5A7O7CcAAfRk5.jpg:large

Off to Lotherton Hall this weekend, near Leeds in Yorkshire, so will probably take some pictures there.

So, this may be a little irrelevant, but you guys are probably the most knowledgeable about the subject. I was wondering where I could buy weapons that aren't just wall weapons, but are real reenactment/battle worthy weapons, such as a sword, spear, armor, stuff like that. Thank you in advance for any advice/websites you can find/share.

consider bob davies, paul binns, sylvester tylko, jiri krondak, pavel moc, jirka novak, wojciech szanek
all of them should be able to provide you with a durable sword

Smashing pictures Seff! Unfortunately in Britain those who reenact US airborne troops tend to have a particular 'physique' and it rather spoils it to see a column of US para's where not a one is under 18 stone in weight out of their kit (I exaggerate a little of course).

Yours truly has just had a rather gruelling weekend re-enacting. The location was not a manor house or small castle, no. This was a very special location. The Tower Hamlet's Trayned Bande were privileged to be allowed to spend two days reenacting in the Tower of London! It was not the first time the group has performed a two-day event there but it was my first one and it was unbelievable, an incredible experience. We numbered around 28 'combatants' with another 8 'civilians' - apparently the largest reenactment event ever at the Tower of London! The weekend had its ups and downs though - the main downpoints go to finding the camp flattened by wind when we turned up Sunday morning (see first image) and a thunderstorm descending between our second & third displays when we had to take rapid shelter under canvas. Fortunately it stopped just short of our third display so we went out again. The upsides are too many to mention, overall it was a fantastic weekend.

BXARXtCIQAAobu0.jpg:large

BW8gVgKIUAAlirW.jpg:large

BXBatOmIMAAWViF.jpg:large

BXA_vS_IIAA7KoR.jpg:large

BXA4IwHIcAANhQ8.jpg:large

BXASKyOIEAASR9j.jpg:large
Toweroflondonme.jpg

Yep, it's coming together bit by bit (and at great expense! :grin:). That's not my French belt nor my Tower Hanger though, they were both borrowed but the rest of the kit is mine, although I'm not carrying my morion there (which I tend to hitch from my belt as I hate wearing it).

10366639965_0a7289f383_o.jpg

10366618776_831e58f6f0_o.jpg

photo.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202678887106640&l=62d3d208f9

photo.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202664283061548&l=8ed97d2ebc

last weekend

well crap, the stupid facecrap links don't work for the pictures to show up

Back
Top Bottom