Request Permission to Convert to Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

NewMan99

Regular
I request you give us permission to convert this mod to Warband, we'll just give you all the credit and the modsys we used.

Seems fair. That way you can just rerelease the warband release with any changes you like and take all the credit.

Nope, sorry. If a conversion ever does happen I will be the one to do it. I have strongly considered at least a multiplayer version for Warband, but right now I really don't have the time. May happen eventually. :wink:

N0ught said:
Nope, sorry. If a conversion ever does happen I will be the one to do it. I have strongly considered at least a multiplayer version for Warband, but right now I really don't have the time. May happen eventually. :wink:

Then I'll just make my own mod.

N0ught said:
That's fine, but it can't be based on my mod. My mod is my personal work of art. You understand.

You can't own the undead theme! Anyway, it won't be based on your work specifically.

Hey, how do you make that menu thing for the books you did? I'm new to python scripting.
I need it for my own magic books.

True but all the models in my mod cannot be used except the basic zombie models and textures that were part of M&B. People have asked plenty of times, and I am a stingy bastard, because I want my mods to be unique. :wink:

And as for python scripting, you'll have to pick that up yourself from open sources - LOTS of info on the forums here. It's how I learned everything I do, and the game menus are one of the more basic things. Basically you have to cut and paste and alter what is already there. :grin:

N0ught said:
True but all the models in my mod cannot be used except the basic zombie models and textures that were part of M&B. People have asked plenty of times, and I am a stingy bastard, because I want my mods to be unique. :wink:

And as for python scripting, you'll have to pick that up yourself from open sources - LOTS of info on the forums here. It's how I learned everything I do, and the game menus are one of the more basic things. Basically you have to cut and paste and alter what is already there. :grin:

No I won't take other peoples work.

I have a question though, which program did you use for modelling?

N0ught said:
Wings 3d. It's free and awesome. :grin:

What version do you use? When I tried following this guys tutorials I was lost because my controls were completely different.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,24463.0.html

I would like to start modelling but I can't seem to figure out how to navigate its interface.

Sorry for necro (as much as it is usually forgivable in this mod), but do you know of Swyter's awesome porting method? S&S seems to work pretty well in Warband, although I didn't test it much, the errors I've found are the ones caused by M&B menus trying to be worked in the new Warband menu system, but even that didn't cause any problems.

scrdest said:
Sorry for necro (as much as it is usually forgivable in this mod), but do you know of Swyter's awesome porting method? S&S seems to work pretty well in Warband, although I didn't test it much, the errors I've found are the ones caused by M&B menus trying to be worked in the new Warband menu system, but even that didn't cause any problems.
There's one big error:YOU CAN'T ENTER THE DOOR WITH 13.

Arkantos_federico said:
He wasn´t referring to the door in Zendar, but the door in Halmar, the one where Rasputin´s brain is, so you don´t get Rasputin and neither The behemoth worm
I stand corrected. I actually can't remember if the door in Zendar has a 13 or not.

Surely if these are the only errors the port for warband has, I daresay our Dread Lord should fix it, because there are many features Warband gains that beats the current version, it is just a suggestion, though.

Back
Top Bottom