Napoleonic Wars: Official Scening Contest - Vote Now!

What three maps do you think are the best?

• Fort Mackinaw

Votes: 85 43.1%
  • Venice

Votes: 40 20.3%
  • Outlaw's Den

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • Bavarian River

Votes: 48 24.4%
  • Countryside

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Dust

Votes: 49 24.9%
  • Beach

Votes: 51 25.9%
  • Russian River

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • The Island

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • Floodplain

Votes: 26 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
contestlogo.png
Vote Now!

It has been an intriguing ride going through all the maps. Honestly, we were impressed by the quality you guys have managed to consistently keep throughout the creation of your scenes.

Sure we had to edit a couple of the submitted scenes ourselves but it wasn’t that much of a big deal really, it was mainly a few touches here and there to bring them on par with the scenes which were already implemented in the DLC. Feel free to add us or Refleax on Steam if you require any help with scening or have any questions, we are always glad to help.

We would also like to thank all the other contestants which contributed to this event. If your scene hasn’t been selected for the Top 10, this doesn't mean that it wasn’t good enough, rest assured that if in future patches we decide to implement more scenes we will contact you about it!

To show appreciation to our fellow contestants we would like you to take your time and select three of your favourite maps by voting in the above poll. It takes hours or days for a level designer to complete his scene and it would only take you a few minutes to vote!

We are also currently hosting all the maps on the EU/NA1 official battle and the 51st Siege servers to help you decide which maps you like best and enjoy them before the upcoming patch is released.

With all that said we would like to thank our ever growing and dedicated community for everything that you have done for us, especially those who helped with the development of Napoleonic Wars.

Good luck to all the contestants.

And remember kids, VOTE OR DIE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMGu4pbivkY

contestlogo.png
Top 10!

Fort Mackinaw        Custom Map: custom_map_1    Hosted On: 51st_NW_Siege                        Contestant: CKtheFat

fort_mackinaw_1.jpg
fort_mackinaw_2.jpg
fort_mackinaw_3.jpg
fort_mackinaw_4.jpg
fort_mackinaw_5.jpg
fort_mackinaw_6.jpg

Venice                        Custom Map: custom_map_10  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: S.Santema "Immor"

venice_1.jpg
venice_2.jpg
venice_3.jpg
venice_4.jpg
venice_5.jpg

Outlaw's Den          Custom Map: custom_map_3  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: S.Santema "Immor"

outlaws_den_1.jpg
outlaws_den_2.jpg
outlaws_den_3.jpg
outlaws_den_4.jpg
outlaws_den_5.jpg

Bavarian River        Custom Map: custom_map_8  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: KArantukki

bavarian_river_1.jpg
bavarian_river_2.jpg
bavarian_river_3.jpg
bavarian_river_4.jpg
bavarian_river_5.jpg

Countryside            Custom Map: custom_map_1  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: Gokiller

countryside_1.jpg
countryside_2.jpg
countryside_3.jpg
countryside_4.jpg
countryside_5.jpg

Dust                            Custom Map: custom_map_9  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: Levi Wiseman "Disgrntld"

dust_1.jpg
dust_2.jpg
dust_3.jpg
dust_4.jpg
dust_5.jpg
dust_6.jpg

Beach                        Custom Map: custom_map_7  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: Teemu "Comrade Temuzu" Hepola

beach_1.jpg
beach_2.jpg
beach_3.jpg
beach_4.jpg
beach_5.jpg

Russian River        Custom Map: custom_map_2  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: Gokiller

russian_river_1.jpg
russian_river_2.jpg
russian_river_3.jpg
russian_river_4.jpg
russian_river_5.jpg

The Island              Custom Map: custom_map_5  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: BigMac

the_island_1.jpg
the_island_2.jpg
the_island_3.jpg
the_island_4.jpg
the_island_5.jpg

Floodplain              Custom Map: custom_map_4  Hosted On: NW_Official_EU1 & NA1        Contestant: Ghost

floodplain_1.jpg
floodplain_2.jpg
floodplain_3.jpg
floodplain_4.jpg
floodplain_5.jpg

I'm sorry for the delay, but the patch is taking a (lot) longer then expected, not our fault though, to close off the scening contest, we choose to put the maps up for now and allow people to vote.

Poll will run for 7 days. Results will be shown at the end.

Yes but...It's so different from what I submitted. The town is gone, the bridge is gone, the big island is gone...Where the hell do the teams even spawn?

Oh well, its the next map on the server, I guess Ill see in a bit.

Just as an FYI, Fort Mackinaw has undergone a number of changes to it based on feedback I've received from players over the past month and a half.  One common complaint was that the mortars were poorly placed, so in the latest version of the map they have been placed up on the walls with a clear view of the field between the attacker's spawn and the fort.  On top of that the FSE made some very useful changes as well.

So my point is, if you haven't done so lately, please check the newest version of the map out on the 51st siege server.  Thanks!

And on a side note, Temazu, Beach is still a pretty awesome map.  Played a couple rounds on it tonight :smile:

I have played every map yesterday.
They are all amazing but in my oponion some of them might be a little bit too big.

FSE should think about changing the time in the server from 8 minutes to 10 minutes. It would help a lot regarding big maps.
Anyway. It was very very funny to play on these maps.

My vote contains. Countryside - Venice - Beach.
Great work guys.

But please fix that one spawn in the warehouse on venice.

Feldmarschall_Ben said:
I have played every map yesterday.
They are all amazing but in my oponion some of them might be a little bit too big.

FSE should think about changing the time in the server from 8 minutes to 10 minutes. It would help a lot regarding big maps.
Anyway. It was very very funny to play on these maps.

My vote contains. Countryside - Venice - Beach.
Great work guys.

But please fix that one spawn in the warehouse on venice.

Don't worry, we'll get that fixed right away.

could you add a second bridge or even a underground sewer for Venice? i find that if you dont get a boat in time, it just becomes a camp/shooting fest across the one bridge at one of the teams spawn

aside from that its a good map

Welp, I regret blowing my votes without having played on most of the maps.

I just played an incredible game on Countryside, hope it makes it into rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom