Firefly Announces Stronghold Crusader 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Firefly Studios Facebook said:
Firefly Announces Stronghold Crusader 2

We are proud to announce Stronghold Crusader 2! Set to march across digital battlefields in late 2013, Crusader 2 will take legions of Stronghold fans back to the ancient deserts of the Middle East for more real-time mayhem between brutal knights and fiery Caliphs.

Our aim is to build on the trademark gameplay of the original Stronghold Crusader with new visuals, a sleek new battle interface and engine enhancements including effects, animations and real-time physics. Stronghold Crusader 2 promises you fast-paced skirmishes against fiendish AI opponents, as well as new maps, new unit classes, new traps and castle designs unlike any seen before in the series.

Stronghold Crusader is our favorite game in the series and we know many of you feel the same way. It’s the game we’ve been waiting to put into production for several long years and now that we finally have the chance to self-publish Crusader 2 we will not disappoint.

We’ve launched a teaser website over at www.StrongholdCrusader2.com, as well as a new Facebook page and Twitter feed which you find in the links below. The team will be posting new concept art, renders, updates and game info soon. In the meantime please enjoy the art and tell us what you think of the announcement in the comments below!

About
Stronghold Crusader 2 the sequel to fan favourite medieval RTS Stronghold Crusader, which has sold over two million copies to date. Crusader 2 is currently being developed independently by Firefly Studios, who plan to self-publish the title next year.
Company Overview
Firefly Studios is the independent PC developer behind real-time strategy and MMO games such as Stronghold Kingdoms and Stronghold Crusader 2.
Description
Crusader 2 will take fans of the series back to the heart of the desert for more RTS mayhem in the castles of brutal knights and fiery Caliphs.

Taking as its basis the highly praised gameplay of the original Stronghold Crusader, Crusader 2 will take the world of fast paced skirmish play to new heights, with new troops, new traps, new castle buildings and a host of fiendish new AI opponents.

Featuring stunning new visuals, a tightly reworked interface for even better battle control, environmental effects and threats, real-time physics and a range of gameplay enhancements, Crusader 2 will offer the same addictive, intense gameplay that has made the original a classic.
General information
• Brutal desert warfare with stunning visuals and real-time physics

• New units including the cruel Slave Driver and brutal Templar Knight

• Dynamic events including the destructive Locust Swarm

• Devious AI opponents to outthink and outmaneuver

• Skirmish-driven gameplay with Skirmish Mode and classic Crusader Trails

Teaser site - http://www.strongholdcrusader2.com/

Jock said:
SCREENSHOTS!

7.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg
10.jpg

Crowdfunding site link - http://www.gambitious.com/

I still have Stronghold Crusader on my flash drive, pull that baby out when things get slow and all of the sudden I am getting irrationally angry at my empty supply stores. Good times. I'm interested to see where this is going to go after its previous forays into the 3D style.

I was scanning the board topics and saw this, and for a second I thought it said Firefly announced and my heart leaped for joy. Then I actually read the title, and was still happy but not exceedingly so.

That's cool, its too bad Firefly has done nothing but **** up since they made the first Crusader.

I ****ing loved the **** out of Stronghold, and so did my friends, and some of their siblings. How the disc still works with so many scratches I do not know. Stronghold 2 was disappointing, and they ahev just continued to get worse and worse. Why people still buy their games is beyond me.

All the people I know who loved these games, actually loved Stronghold Crusader. It seems Firefly started out with the original Stronghold, perfected it in Crusader, and spent the next 8 years making more Strongholds out of nostalgia, instead of capitalizing on the game that actually gave them their fame and money.

I have no interest in Stronghold 3 because there is no Skirmish mode. It's what made the franchise.

They hardly perfected it in Crusader. They didn't have Siege That mode in there and tried to focus more on the typical base building RTS ala Age of Empires and Starcraft and less on sieges and castles. I don't know what changes happened at Firefly after Crusader, but they have long since ceased to be a good developer and failed miserably to make the sequels as good as the unique original Stronghold. I am calling it now will **** this up too,

EDIT: Also if they bought Stronghold Legends, 3 or whatever other crappy sequels they made thinknig they'd be anything like Crusader they are morons for not even doing a spot of basic research.

iirc, Stronghold 3 does have skirmish now, I think the DLC added it. Also, **** you, **** you all. Legends was good, as was 2.

Sir Prince said:
They hardly perfected it in Crusader. They didn't have Siege That mode in there and tried to focus more on the typical base building RTS ala Age of Empires and Starcraft and less on sieges and castles.

By perfected I mean it hit a sweet spot with a very large player base. Larger than the original Stronghold game. As a game company, they should have stuck with the numbers and ran with what worked. I don't give a crap if it's more like Age of Empires (which it isn't) or 'more like a typical RTS', which is a statement so relativistic it's meaningless.

It was a damn sweet castle builder that went enjoyably in-depth into micromanaging a castle in times of war and peace, yet not so far into either that it got tedious like Stronghold 2, which was stilted towards the economic side.

It was skirmish mode is what cinched it. It allowed me to fire up a quick game, to my specifications, and have a good time without getting too involved.

Havoc said:
iirc, Stronghold 3 does have skirmish now, I think the DLC added it. Also, **** you, **** you all. Legends was good, as was 2.
No ****. If that's the case, I'll get it now.

Back
Top Bottom