Uniforms, With a Twist!

Users who are viewing this thread

A. Protokletos said:
:grin: I DID IT! Loch Moigh! Alba gu bràth!

3eme_regiment_de_grenadiers_a_pied_de_la_garde_imp_by_stgene-d5dyhlb.png

3éme Régiment de Grenadiers à Pied de la Garde Impériale
"Les Gardes Écossais"
(Sergent, 1er Bataillon, après-1815 uniforme)​

The 3rd Regiment of Guard Grenadiers was founded after the end of the long War of the Seventh Coalition. While Napoleon repeatedly defeated the Coalition forces on the mainland, the Irish Legion crossed the Channel and landed in Ireland, losing almost three-quarters of their men and supplies to the Royal Navy. However, the Legion soon found that there was an overabundance of young Irish men eager to free their country and kill Englishmen, so that in three weeks the Legion was actually stronger than it had been before they embarked. The campaign that followed was reminiscent of Napoleon's Italian Campaign. Major Hugh Ware led his ragtag army to victory after victory as the Irish easily overpowered the British garrisons and yeomanry. Once the island was liberated, it was a simple matter to cross over into Scotland as the British military suddenly found that every Irishman in their employ began using their weapons in the service of their homeland.

Upon landing in Scotland, Ware contacted every Jacobite clan he could, asking them to rise up and join him in liberating their country. Immediately, bagpipes began their wild, skirling tunes as the clansmen seized whatever weapons they could find and rallied to their chiefs. The first to join Ware were the clans of the Chattan Confederation; Clan Clan Mackintosh, Clan Macpherson, Clan Davidson, Clan Farquharson, Clan MacBain, Clan MacGillivray, Clan Macintyre of Badenoch, Clan MacLean of Dochgarroch, Clan MacPhail, Clan MacQueen, Clan MacThomas, Clan Shaw, and Clan Cattanach. The liberation of Scotland followed the same route as the liberation of Ireland, although at a slower pace. By this point the Welsh and Cornish had also begun their own uprisings, and suddenly all the Celtic nations of the British Isles had declared war on their English oppressors.

Once the war was over and a peace treaty had secured the independence of the Celtic nations (from London, anyway), Napoleon asked that each provide a regiment of infantry or cavalry to serve in his reorganized Imperial Guard. The Scots formed the grenadier companies of the Black Watch and other Highland regiments who had formerly served King George III into the 2nd Regiment of Grenadiers.

It's... so beautiful..

And the history you have there is logically thought out, and would likely have happened, had the Irish Legion/3eme Etrangers landed in Ireland.

Thanks Boberton! I'm working on giving him a pike and claymore like the original highland sergeants had. It's bloody difficult to get the kilt and the tails of the grenadier's coat to fit! You'll notice I gave him the red hackle of the Black Watch.

Edit: Pike and claymore attached! I also threw in a fanion for good measure.

With fanion...
sergent_porte_fanion__1er_bataillon_by_stgene-d5e11na.png
...and without.
sergent__1er_bataillon_by_stgene-d5e10s7.png

TheBoberton said:
pod455 said:
I have ideas but no skill to make it happen  :sad:

If I had any artistic skills, this thread would have already been flooded with images of French-Scottish Old Guard grenadiers, Jacobite soldiers (Had the '45 succeeded; Interesting scenario..), and highland rifles.

French-Scotting Old Guard Grenadiers?

:shock:

1aaaabbcc.gif
The 14th Highland Regiment of Heavy Calvary
Some fake history of the fake regiment
The regiment was raised in the hills of Scotland and after the first tour of Spain, they captured enough French heavy Calvary to give each soldier in the regiment the heavy armour to be an unstoppable force on the battlefield. They returned home and was honored by the King of England and was given the kilt to wear instead of the itchy cotton pants. They returned back to Spain and drove off French dragoons and lead a charge into the French column. They swept through the enemy forces and faught until there were no more French frogs still fighting. They continued with fighting, following Wellington for a couple of years, the 14th Highland Regiment of Heavy Calvary was chosen to back the Scots Gray charge at Waterloo, there they were taken on by lancers but held off the attack, taking heavy causalities but managed to take out the lancers from action. They retreated back to base where they were recognized for their bravery while taking out the French's lancers. After the battle, veterans continued taking orders from Britain and was sent to fight bandits on the country side and was eventually sent to India to help the East India Company. The regiment was disbanded in 1807. ​

Sorry for the big head and the soldier is missing his trusty sword. And excuse the poor history lacking details  :lol:

Made the kilt myself, took the heavy armour from the previous uniforms and the hat from Ben's awsome uniform above.

If that horse gets knocked over or killed, I'm sure the enemy would run after the sight of what happened to the scotsman who fell on his back...

dude24oak said:
If that horse gets knocked over or killed, I'm sure the enemy would run after the sight of what happened to the scotsman who fell on his back...
TheBoberton said:
Riding a horse in a kilt? :lol:

Other than that, it looks great.
Hhaha yeah, just realized that haha, poor horse :lol: Maybe the kilt is just for parades when they are not on horses :lol:

jbebes said:
1aaaabbcc.gif
The 14th Highland Regiment of Heavy Calvary
Some fake history of the fake regiment
The regiment was raised in the hills of Scotland and after the first tour of Spain, they captured enough French heavy Calvary to give each soldier in the regiment the heavy armour to be an unstoppable force on the battlefield. They returned home and was honored by the King of England and was given the kilt to wear instead of the itchy cotton pants. They returned back to Spain and drove off French dragoons and lead a charge into the French column. They swept through the enemy forces and faught until there were no more French frogs still fighting. They continued with fighting, following Wellington for a couple of years, the 14th Highland Regiment of Heavy Calvary was chosen to back the Scots Gray charge at Waterloo, there they were taken on by lancers but held off the attack, taking heavy causalities but managed to take out the lancers from action. They retreated back to base where they were recognized for their bravery while taking out the French's lancers. After the battle, veterans continued taking orders from Britain and was sent to fight bandits on the country side and was eventually sent to India to help the East India Company. The regiment was disbanded in 1807. ​

Sorry for the big head and the soldier is missing his trusty sword. And excuse the poor history lacking details  :lol:

Made the kilt myself, took the heavy armour from the previous uniforms and the hat from Ben's awsome uniform above.
Is he a Hobbit?

The Muffin King said:
Is he a Hobbit?
Haha no, just edited BenKenobi's one by selecting the head and then i forget to resize the rest of the uniform's parts :lol:

I know not everyone has an artistic skill towards pictures, but the same formula for these is a bit... creepy.  :shock:
I'm fairly sure that the purpose of this thread wasn't for people to show off their talents, it was for them to show off their creative ideas.

Oi! It took a lot of work to put those together!

Edit: I admit, we certainly aren't showing off our skill in the visual arts by kitbashing Mr. Cabaret's work together, but I'd say that coming up with the ideas is creative. And I for one spent FAR too much time thinking out the history of both my regiments.

pod455 said:
Sorry for noob question but how are you guys making the custom uniforms like that?
Its actually not that hard, the basic thing is using the lasso tool in gimp to select a certain part of a uniform then copy it and with a new picture paste it and then move the pieces together

And what's the website with all those uniform?

http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/

Offtopic, these are by far my favorite pictures of that site
MamelouksGarde.png

MamelouksGarde(EM).png

Anyone know how you can paint in Gimp? I want a green uniform! D:

fitting...
1aTMI.gif

1te Regiment zu Butter Knife
Saviors of the now useful sabre briquets
Officer of the butterknife. This Prussian battalion was raised in Northern Bavaria to protect the holy butter knives of Prussia. The general too often they would go into a battlefield and see useless knives thrown off and stepped on so he created the regiment to pick up the useless knives for the upcoming change in melee tactics.. After the battle of Leipzig, the regiment collected over 5,000 unused sabre briquets from the side of the Prussians alone! They knew the change in tactics was coming upon soon so they collect them to give back to the regiments to out do the old French bayonets. This regiment was given many battle honors after the Prussians crushed the French using the butter-knives, Long Live Prussia, Long Live Butter-Knives!

Vicccard said:
http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/

Offtopic, these are by far my favorite pictures of that site
MamelouksGarde.png

MamelouksGarde(EM).png

Anyone know how you can paint in Gimp? I want a green uniform! D:
You select the pencil tool/paint bucket tool in gimp and then select the color you want, then you use a mix of that color and then put it around the area you want, and to even out the colors, use the smudge tool, its a finger.

Back
Top Bottom