Emotions In Motion v.IV

Users who are viewing this thread

I said it was a long drive, not that it wasn't doable. Your standard of a long drive is different than mine. I thought the 'well I drive THIS far!' was silly so I responded in mock admiration.

Eктωρ said:
But Sir Eddard, you shouldn't refuse the offer to be the King's Hand!
Yeah, start posting giant pictures of turtles again, that'd be about as relevant.

Dryvus said:
I said it was a long drive, not that it wasn't doable. Your standard of a long drive is different than mine. I thought the 'well I drive THIS far!' was silly so I responded in mock admiration.
It wasn't bragging, mainly because I'm trying to say that many people do this on a regular basis. Especially if it's to go to a tourist trap, they'll drive forever to spend an hour somewhere.

Teofish said:
Aren't you too young to drive?

Urgrevling said:
Good show, Pentecost is such a pointless holiday anyway. Time to rechristen Pinse into Rævpinsle!
:lol:
Tawast just needs the one class to get personal driving teacher license. Or he'll drive. Either my Volvo S40 or his.. I am unsure what car he's got. 

Vieira said:
Urgrevling said:
Good show, Pentecost is such a pointless holiday anyway. Time to rechristen Pinse into Rævpinsle!
:lol:

Wait, what is Pentecost?
[/quote]

I'm honestly not sure most times. It's when we get a Monday off and nobody knows why.  I looked it up on Wikipedia. Since I think you're Scottish, I think this will be most familiar to you:

In the north west of England, church and chapel parades called Whit Walks take place at Whitsun (sometimes on Whit Friday, the Friday after Whitsun).[46] Typically, the parades contain brass bands and choirs; girls attending are dressed in white. Traditionally, Whit Fairs (sometimes called Whitsun Ales)[47] took place. Other customs such as morris dancing[48] and cheese rolling[49] are also associated with Whitsun.

It's a holiday to celerate how Moses received all them commandments. This year it falls on June 8th.
Pentecost Monday is a day off in many European countries, but apparently not in the UK.

Yay, it is the holiest of long weekends!

Hehe, we get a zillion holidays every year, related with literally every religion, even with castes. Guess living in India and studying in a convent school pays off well.

I can't sleep. Depression has been getting worse for weeks. Massive anxiety attack about financial issues and the future in general tonight. Started having suicidal thoughts again, going to try to get a GP appointment today and actually sort something out because I can't keep this up forever.

If I had proper woes it would be less a problem. I'm broke, I can't find a job and Uni might not let me back in because I'm still a headcase, and if I don't finish a degree i can't get the job I actually want to do. That's about it.

Back
Top Bottom