What be on yer mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh... Join Boy Scouts? I've done quite a few 50-mile hikes with my troop over the years and they were pretty fun and good exercise.

krik said:
Stop making excuses and keep trying until you can do it.

This. I occasionally feel bad about being a twig, and I always just sit around and do nothing about it. If you feel like you're too exhausted to do it then incorporate it into whatever you do when you're exhausted. Get a decent playlist on YouTube or wherever and just chill out listening to it and constantly lifting a low-weight weight. Or do some crunches while watching TV. Just do whatever within reason you need to do to distract yourself while you're doing it, until it becomes ingrained in your mind as something that you do when you're just chilling.

krik said:
If it were that easy I'd have figured it out by now.
DoctorPainkiller said:
Uhh... Join Boy Scouts? I've done quite a few 50-mile hikes with my troop over the years and they were pretty fun and good exercise.
Been scout for 9 years. I'm often too busy to attend their hikes though.

Odyseuss said:
Ok so I want to join the army, but I never tell anyone because I'm overweight and dislike physical activity. Recently though I realized I'm only 10-20 pounds beyond the recommended army weight, but I'm weak as a toothpick and can't even do a pushup. In two years from now I'll be old enough to enlist, so I know the time is now. But i just can't seem to get myself to exercise. I actually like things like hiking, but it's hard to get out for a hike often. As I previously said, I can't do push-ups and I hate running. We have weights around the house but the biggest problem is finding time to do it, and when I do I'm often too tired to exercise. I can't figure out what to do.
Wah wah wah. You know full well what you need to do: stop being a fat, whimpering **** and get to it! You're what, fifteen, sixteen? There's no way in the world I'm buying that "I have no time" ****e. If you don't have the self-esteem and the dedication to drag your ass outside the house now, why would you have it by the time you can join the army?

Although the ultimate goal would be to pick up a sport that burns some massive calories and builds some muscle at the same time (e.g. boxing), you might want to start doing some running beforehand. If you're in half as bad a shape as you seem to be hinting here, there's no way in hell you'll survive an entire training session. Should your local gym have at least a half-decent trainer, your first month will be pure living hell. And that's still peanuts compared to military training.

The best way to ensure humans get anything done, other than money and electroshock collars, is of course social control. I suspect you sit around the house all day, planning to go for a jog, but ultimately cancelling because oh blimey, it's raining/hmm, it's already getting dark, might as well go tomorrow/you know what? I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow. Get somebody to either go running with you or, alternatively, a friend or family member to follow you around on a bike. That way you know you have to face somebody when you decide to back out. Ensures the best result when you've got a regular jogging schedule. Something like: 3 days per week, half hour of running. After two weeks, move up to 4 days. After a month, move up to 5 days. Before long you might even get addicted to your daily jog. A month of proper exercise and I figure you might be up for boxing training.

And don't ***** out because it's haaaaard or you missed a few runs. Keep at it. Nothing wrong with breaking a sweat. You're doing it for yourself.

TheFlyingFishy said:
krik said:

This. I occasionally feel bad about being a twig, and I always just sit around and do nothing about it. If you feel like you're too exhausted to do it then incorporate it into whatever you do when you're exhausted. Get a decent playlist on YouTube or wherever and just chill out listening to it and constantly lifting a low-weight weight. Or do some crunches while watching TV. Just do whatever within reason you need to do to distract yourself while you're doing it, until it becomes ingrained in your mind as something that you do when you're just chilling.
Hell, I started going to the gym a month and some ago.  Once you start seeing results you won't wanna stop  :lol:

Kevlar is right, military training is there to make you less fat and learn to love running and pushups. You don't have to be fit just to be able to start training, that's an oh so ****ing common misconception that people use to procrastinate such things. Of course, starting training with half the size of your current ass would be less painful, but then, pain is a great teacher, you end up stronger  from it.

And telling him to "stop whining, just go out and do something" is the worst advice you can give. His problem is that he can't go out and do something by himself because of his fat ass and miserable wuss personality. Anybody who gives such advice probably never had to overcome a weak point of his own before. A much better advice would be telling him to go find a trainer in any serious physical activity, because an outside voice who knows what he wants will be able to make you do stuff you'd never do by yourself.
By the by, come over here, and under a year I'll turn you from an amorph blob into a slim, strong action hero.

Odyseuss said:
DoctorPainkiller said:
Been scout for 9 years. I'm often too busy to attend their hikes though.

What are you doing with your time?

I still don't get what the **** I'm supposed to do. I just randomly smash my keyboard arrows and numbers happen. Then it stops and asks me to post my failure on twitter.

I`m going home tommorow. My dad has a birthday. He's gonna call my russian teacher to ask her how i`m doing. God help me if she says I got D because I didn't know grammar and words. Screw me, screw russian, screw my laziness and the way I neglect the language. It's not my main language, but I have to study it 'till I graduate. :mad: ******** awesome way of ending a week. I also probably won't have enough time to get more grades so I don't end up with a C for the year. Not that it goes into the diploma, but i`ll need the knowledge for the next year. Oh, the feeling is awesome.

Oh, the reason he's gonna call her is because he wants me to learn russian to a certain level where I can communicate. (So I can go work in a local Resort. If I don't learn it, he's gonna send me to ******** lessons. ******** A.) Once, she said i`m not being active in class, and all hell broke loose - now if I dont stick my butt in her face with activity, i`m gonna get **** for talk. :mad:

Yay, High School.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
**** you, Teofisk.

Teofish said:
I still don't get what the **** I'm supposed to do. I just randomly smash my keyboard arrows and numbers happen. Then it stops and asks me to post my failure on twitter.
  ... you combine duplicates, geenyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom