What be on yer mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played it on the Ps3, its fun, crafting can ruin the loot a bit as you'll rarely find something better than what you crafted till you hit the next tier, then its just a matter of re-crafting but for the next tier.

Meh, found it such a ****ty rpg. Leaves no good impression at all. The story sucks, the lore sucks, the combat sucks and it gets boring in-game really really fast.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Meh, found it such a ****ty rpg. Leaves no good impression at all. The story sucks, the lore sucks, the combat sucks and it gets boring in-game really really fast.

RP server's more fun and I don't mind the combat, so that's that.

I played it years ago, when it came out I think. I came pretty far but had to deal with loads of repetitive quests and fetching ****, but it was mostly worth it in the end. I got it on Steam now, not sure when I'll have the time to load it up though.

Didn't buy Amalur. Am still thinking about it.

I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame a while back and I've been doing some reading on Roma people, their situation is just so ****ed up; damn Europe, Roma over here aren't that much of a problem, there's something seriously wrong with the way they are portrayed.

They don't work, live off welfare and commit petty crime because anything bigger than nicking a granny's purse is too much of an effort. They also surround entrances of shopping malls, employing some rather aggressive begging tactics. They get dozens of people to "work" at a little store (which is actually a front) for a few days, after which the shop unfortunately goes bankrupt and has to close, allowing those dozens of "employees" to receive unemployment benefits. The money they're able to leech from welfare is usually spent on buying a polluting 90s Mercedes or BMW, rather than putting food on the table for their 12 children. I don't know how Europe ought to portray them, exactly.

I lived among Roma for four years. Lived in a decrepit apartment in a filthy neighbourhood because the presence of a Roma community drove the rent down. I sat at their table when they held barbecues for their sons' birthdays or whatever. I probably knew 20 or 25 of their children by name. In this time I learnt a fair deal about their history, cultural practices, religion and group dynamic. They were good people and I really enjoyed their company. But their community as a whole forms a structural problem that we really don't need here. Bulgaria, Slovakia and Romania royally ****ed the rest of Europe up the arse by forcing the Roma out.

Eктωρ said:
I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame a while back and I've been doing some reading on Roma people, their situation is just so ****ed up; damn Europe, Roma over here aren't that much of a problem, there's something seriously wrong with the way they are portrayed.
Because the rest of the country is as poor a they are and so they blend in perfectly? :razz:

No, but think about it like this:
Over there they're what? Half a percent of the total population? In smaller Eastern European countries they're up to four or five percent, up to 10% in Hungary. Of course the impact is bigger that way.
They're not much in the public eye over here as well. We've got Turks for that and lately Romanian crime syndicates have come into fashion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom