What caused you to be joyous on this day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Dryvus said:
My love surprised me with a gift subscription to Civ V and the Brave New World expansion. I always threaten to end him when he does these kinds of things, but it was very thoughtful since I always liked Civ V more than IV (I don't care what you guys think I should prefer. Renegade4life.). Also, now we can play the game together, which will be fun. 

Would have liked to play, but timezones are a *****.

Mrs. Dryvus said:
My love surprised me with a gift subscription to Civ V and the Brave New World expansion. I always threaten to end him when he does these kinds of things, but it was very thoughtful since I always liked Civ V more than IV (I don't care what you guys think I should prefer. Renegade4life.). Also, now we can play the game together, which will be fun.

CIV III (Conquests) > other CIVs

FrisianDude said:
Mrs. Dryvus said:

CIV III (Conquests) > other CIVs

The facial animations for leaders scarecthe **** out of me and at the same time make me unable to take the game seriously. At all.

and nothing of value was lost

I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games. I honestly thought they were getting the better part of the bargain until I saw: A. How much these suckers go for on Ebay, and B. How much fun the games I've got are. *Glee!*

Shatari said:
I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games. I honestly thought they were getting the better part of the bargain until I saw: A. How much these suckers go for on Ebay, and B. How much fun the games I've got are. *Glee!*
shatari, you are stubborn like goat

K-64 said:
That just makes you sound hilariously Middle Eastern :razz:

"I trade goat for hand-computer. Is good goat, yes?"
What's sad is that I already had a Gameboy Advance that I had pieced together from a couple of other broken ones. It took me years of dumpster diving and flea market scrounging to get all the parts and a dozen or so games, but FrankenGBA works great.

Jock said:
Was the buyer's name Shagga, by chance?
I had to Google that, and now I really want to watch that show... :lol:

Eh, bartering is a rural thing that doesn't really follow the boundaries of world class rankings, the same with scavenging broken gear and repairing it. Honestly, most of my old GI Joe collection came from dumpsters at the storage building near where I grew up, along with my matchbox and hot wheel car collections. Most of my bikes I had as a kid were salvaged from the dump and repaired by my Dad, and up until I was out of college every push mower I've ever owned was pieced together from the corpses of mowers long discarded by their original owners. I'm happy to say that regardless of what it is or where it came from, I have always tried to make the most of the things I've gotten in life. When you're born poor, that's the best way to move up.

No, the best way is to rob a bank or hold a billionaire hostage, and make a clean getaway.
Edit: Actually an even better way would be for a bank to mistakenly deposit truckloads of money in your account, and never notice or do anything about it. Or for a barrel of gold to roll up to your door, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom