[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Mosin Nagant going to be added for the Russian Empire faction?, it's a must  :razz:
null_zps4376c8ef.jpg

weaverwarrior12 said:
Is the Mosin Nagant going to be added for the Russian Empire faction?, it's a must  :razz:
null_zps4376c8ef.jpg
They are definitely pretty weapons, but i just wanna be able to put a scope on it.  Might there be snipers in this game?

Rigadoon said:
weaverwarrior12 said:
null_zps4376c8ef.jpg
We're not even working on Russia yet. And seriously, if we were, would you really need to ask that question?

My thoughts exactly, and plus they if they haven't started Britain I doubt they would have started on Russia.

Rigadoon said:
weaverwarrior12 said:
null_zps4376c8ef.jpg
We're not even working on Russia yet. And seriously, if we were, would you really need to ask that question?

Yeah sorry. I haven't had the chance to read up on the weapons that the Russians used in WWI.

Its a Mexican rifle, fist automatic rifle to be manned by single infantryman, made in 1887. available in 8,20,and 100 rnd.  magazines. Germany got about 3000 of them, but the did not do well in the mud. Then they were used by the German air force

Rokker said:
Ah Rigadoon, you made a mistake. The most important pistol of them all is not the Luger.... its the obrez.
500px-Sixth-Obrez-3.jpg

truly the pinnacle of russian engineering
Obrez are greatest hand-rifle of all mankind. I think it should be considered.

Docm30 said:
I know what a Mondragon rifle is. My point was that by the mod's time-frame I believe they were only used by the airforce.
Right you are, it was pulled out of infantry serves a few years before the mods time frame, oddly it was still used in the navel, despite the fact that moister was the Achilles's heel of the rifle. Still an important gun history forgot about, oh well lets talk about BARs :S

Update #20 Scopes, Grenades, In-game Screens
As promised, the 20th update is going to focus more on coding and in-game stuff instead of being a typical render update. Before we get to that, some more members of the Bear Force team have joined us. Welcome KArantukki and Peppe019 to the team. They are both very experienced and will definitely speed up development.

Coding
Alright, now let's talk about coding. As most of you know, DanyEle joined the team some time ago. With Azrooh's help and his older work, he's been able to implement some really cool stuff. Before we get to that, I mentioned last update that we have most of our models in-game. I've gotten some screenshots of a couple implemented weapons.
Melee
clubsingame_zpsff5d470d.png

knivesingame_zps59828f0b.png
Guns
modeleingame_zpsc51ab65f.png

rubyingame_zps45394d58.png

gewehr98ingame_zps7b87953a.png

k98azingame_zps7ba2021f.png
We are aware that there are still a bunch of issues. For example, helmet shininess, Gewehr 98 sight, sizing, etc. We will work on correcting these overtime, don't worry.

Now onto the features that DanyEle has been working on.

Shooting System: We have a new system created by Azrooh. We've been hesitant to show it earlier due to some bugs, but with DanyEle joining the team, they were quickly fixed. It's more similar to what you use in typical shooter games, right click to aim and left click to shoot. You might've also seen this system in Bear Force II. We have several different kinds of weapons that load differently. For example, the Lebel is tube fed so loads cartridges individually while the Gewehr loads with stripper clips. As well, we have new sounds, from DiplexHeated, and new animations from Peppe019, to bring these weapons to life.

Scopes: We have a sniper class that spawns in with a scope. As you expect, when aiming, it allows you to zoom with a cross hair effect, similar to how spyglasses work. Like the bayonet, it is a separate, toggable, item in your inventory. The scope effect was made by Peppe019.

Bleeding and Bandaging: When you take a certain amount of damage, you start bleeding slowly. Some of you who've played Secession may recognize this feature. It's been adapted to NW by Dany. Of course, there are also bandages. When a bleeding person is hit by one, the bleeding stops.

Whistles and Binoculars: Simple stuff. They work the same way instruments and spyglasses work in NW. Whistle sound from Diplex and binocular effect from Peppe019.

Grenades: We finally have grenades. These will be carried by French and German assault troops. We have both ones with fuses and the more dangerous percussion ones. As well, there's a concentrated charge which was made by bundling the heads of several stick grenades together.

See these things in action here:

Renders
Of course, work on models and textures have continued. Peppe019, one of our new artists, gave the Stalhlelm, created by Hampus Norlander,  a make over and created the Stirnpanzer Browplate as well.
stalhlelm_zps33d738e5.png

stalhlelmwithsturmpanzer_zps7101bd3d.png

Now, you saw a very brief glimpse of one of our grenades in the video. Here are a couple more we've made.
Stielhandgranate and Concentrated Charge(Geballte Ladung) by Austro.
germangrenades_zps72c85e43.png

F1 Grenade by Rigadoon. P1 Grenade modeled by Bsnott and textured by Rigadoon.
FrenchGrenades_zps2b696111.png

What's Next?
The mod is in a playable state but not yet ready for a release. We've started to talk about testing but don't get your hopes up. It's not going to be a public testing nor a large private testing. If you ask me to be part of the testing, I will never talk to you again.  :razz: In the meantime, you can expect a couple more updates that will give more and more information about the mod as we progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom