[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, swagger sticks, as was already discussed excessively, they were the icon of the noble infantry officer during both the boer wars and ww1

With boer wars you mean boxer wars I think?
Also in those wars sabres weren't used? Thats quite depressing.
So all in all there weren't used Swords, Sabres or something else in the whole WW1 (except of the cavalry)?
And one last question ( :wink:): How did the officers defended theirselves if it came hand to hand? I don't know much about swagger sticks but I don't think they do hurt that much compared to sharpened steel.

Turin Turambar said:
So all in all there weren't used Swords, Sabres or something else in the whole WW1 (except of the cavalry)?
And one last question ( :wink:): How did the officers defended theirselves if it came hand to hand? I don't know much about swagger sticks but I don't think they do hurt that much compared to sharpened steel.

No, he does means boer wars, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Boer_War
Sabres were used in all those wars, they had a limited use but they could be an effective weapon when the hand to hand came.
Sabres were used in the first world war although in a very less range than in the previous wars, even Bernard Montgomery charged with a sword during the one hundred days spring in 1918.
You make a good point here, good sir, I don't think you are able to kill someone with a swagger stick in melee, while steel can.

Turin Turambar said:

A revolver, especially the Webley .455 the British officers were issued with, which was often converted into a carbine with bayonet and stock, made a very convenient melee weapon. The C96 had a similar conversion.

Sauce

WebleyRevolverStock%26Bayonet.jpg

Swagger sticks, pistols with bayonets (lol), that's ridiculous.
Officers need sabres, soon or late melee will come and then you will need sharpened steel to defend yourself  :wink:
10246747_2_x.jpg

German officer WWI Sabre

Artillery10.jpg

British 1897 pattern sabre

there were lots of melee weapons home brewed during WW1, I think the most common were trench clubs and knuckle dusters, that pistol thing would be better with an axe attachment rather than a knife.

Grant4455 said:
A revolver, especially the Webley .455 the British officers were issued with, which was often converted into a carbine with bayonet and stock, made a very convenient melee weapon. The C96 had a similar conversion.

Sauce

WebleyRevolverStock%26Bayonet.jpg
That's awesome! I am saving up money for something similar to use hunting (but it doesn't have a bayonet damn it!):

RossiCircuitJudge1.jpg

I sent you a message asking to join your team :3 I also made a German officer sword to show you as an example of what I can make.

Just as the great Jack Churchill said :
"any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

Update #15 German Uniforms
This update shows the variety of German uniforms that I have been working on. In a preview some time ago I showed the standard M1915 Bluse. Added to the mix are early war tunics which, while outdated, were still used in large amounts throughout the war, and a greatcoat.

M1915 Bluse
m1915_fin_zpsaeb321d8.png

M1910 Waffenrock Simplified
m1910sim_fin_zpsfcd56642.png

M1910 Waffenrock
m1910_fin_zps7c7d9d34.png

M1915 Mantel
m1915coat_fin_zps6fcc5a47.png

There are some minor issues, such as cuff length or the greatcoat's collar color, that have yet to be fixed. Originally, rigged in-game screenshots were supposed to be part of this update but there are a couple things that Joseph is currently fixing. We'll be showing the in-game shots sometime over the weekend if all goes to plan.

I've heard a lot of concerns over how long the mod is taking. Honestly, there's nothing we can do about it. We're working as fast as we can and like I often say, we're not being paid so the time we can devote to the mod is limited. Work is still going strong, we're far from dead. I'm working on gear for the uniforms, Betaknight is working on boots, Hudson on hats, Joseph on rigging, other team members on various things. Just be patient and allow us to do the best we can to bring you a mod worthy of the long wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom