[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5arge said:
You can be a Zouave in your imagination! That's almost as fun!  :razz:

Yea lets delete Mount&Blade and forget about shiitty mods like Iron europe or l'aigle! Imagination is way better

HamWorth said:
Will there be anything to represent attrition within the module?

Probably not, I don't see how you could represent that in a game like this, mainly since every match is more like a small skirmish rather than an entire war.

Im excited how the events will work.. I guess a sniper squad with about 10 members is able to kill all 100 enemies! Same goes for heavy machinegunners...

Most people are agreeing on one independent sniper per team. On top of that, the preferred game mode people would like to use is conquest. Die quick respawn quick.

GERRY said:
Im excited how the events will work.. I guess a sniper squad with about 10 members is able to kill all 100 enemies! Same goes for heavy machinegunners...
I am only allowing one sniper per side at the first event.

5arge said:
GERRY said:
I am only allowing one sniper per side at the first event.

Can i reserve that spot? :razz: (im serious)

And I also hope that there will be some battle events/servers too because if its conquest nobody will really stay in his trench because it doesnt matter if you die because your going to respawn in some secs anyway!
And the trench fighting should be the main gameplay part in my opinion.

GERRY said:
Can i reserve that spot? :razz: (im serious)
Special roles like that will be assigned to a regiment's leader at the start of an event. So if your regiment is assigned the sniper role, one of your members can play as sniper. We were going to make the roles by application, but that could turn into the same regiment playing the same role week after week after week (I'm looking at you PLG!). So this way, the admins can make sure different regiments get a chance to try the different special roles.

We obvi need a battle server.

Where you really need to think about your decisions, as you only have one life, or you'll die and sit out for 20 minutes.

Hide under cover from the machinegun, or charge and try and take it out, risking your life for your comrades..

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
We obvi need a battle server.

Where you really need to think about your decisions, as you only have one life, or you'll die and sit out for 20 minutes.

Hide under cover from the machinegun, or charge and try and take it out, risking your life for your comrades..

Exactly! If you want to have respawns because you cant wait some minutes go play CoD or Battlefield!
Youre not going to feel the intense of ww1 combat if theres no need for cover when charging a MG nest because you got infinite lifes anyways!

But I think sieges could be cool too because one side could storm while the other has to hold the position!
Like the german defense of Arras!

yeah that sounds fun, getting killed by super deadly artillery, then waiting for the timer to win because neither side wants to make a first move.

either way, the mod is not out and a preferred gamemode will just have to be discovered.

GERRY said:
Exactly! If you want to have respawns because you cant wait some minutes go play CoD or Battlefield!
Youre not going to feel the intense of ww1 combat if theres no need for cover when charging a MG nest because you got infinite lifes anyways!

But I think sieges could be cool too because one side could storm while the other has to hold the position!

Imo conquest is the best gamemode for this mod. In WW1 huge waves of infantry tried to conquer enemy territory and certain points on a battlefield, like a hill or an enemy fortification. how do you want to simulate that in battlemode? or why would you even want to try? conquest seems made for that.  plus, a ww1 battle didnt end when all soldiers were dead, they would just send in the next wave:wink:

its not about not wanting to wait some minuites, its actually about realism and historical accuracy why people would prefer conquest, so your "go play CoD" argument is kind of a fail

Mephisto88 said:
GERRY said:

Imo conquest is the best gamemode for this mod. In WW1 huge waves of infantry tried to conquer enemy territory and certain points on a battlefield, like a hill or an enemy fortification. how do you want to simulate that in battlemode? or why would you even want to try? conquest seems made for that.  plus, a ww1 battle didnt end when all soldiers were dead, they would just send in the next wave:wink:

its not about not wanting to wait some minuites, its actually about realism and historical accuracy why people would prefer conquest, so your "go play CoD" argument is kind of a fail

You obviously don't know about the hours spent in trenches before the charge is ordered, do you? Shots are exchanged, artillery is firing on seperate trenches... The men were scared to death, knowing when they recieved the order to charge, almost all would die in no mans land.

Thats why, in WW1 people wanted to wait for the opposing country to charge, to reduce casualties and lower the protection of the trench they came from.

WW1 wasn't just a waiting game, and it wasn't a sandbox either.

Your argument where as another wave would come, In how long? Some times, these trenches go days without reinforcments, or supplies.

Anyways, think about Napoleonic Wars (the game) compared to the real Napoloenic Wars. Only in events do people do historically accurate representations and commands forming ranks and columns. There is also servfers that make no sense, like groupfighitng or cavalry groupfighting. There is also many modes Napoleonic is good for, including Battle, team deathmatch, siege.

Why cant Europe have the same? I mean, everyone has there own opinion, I honestly want the fear of dying, the adrenaline of the charge, the sadness of my comrades dying.

In Conquest, I just respawn in 30 seconds and do a yolo charge.

Obviously the 2nd one is appealing to you, and in which case isn't for some.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
You obviously don't know about the hours spent in trenches before the charge is ordered, do you? Shots are exchanged, artillery is firing on seperate trenches... The men were scared to death, knowing when they recieved the order to charge, almost all would die in no mans land.

Thats why, in WW1 people wanted to wait for the opposing country to charge, to reduce casualties and lower the protection of the trench they came from.

WW1 wasn't just a waiting game, and it wasn't a sandbox either.

Your argument where as another wave would come, In how long? Some times, these trenches go days without reinforcments, or supplies.

Anyways, think about Napoleonic Wars (the game) compared to the real Napoloenic Wars. Only in events do people do historically accurate representations and commands forming ranks and columns. There is also servfers that make no sense, like groupfighitng or cavalry groupfighting. There is also many modes Napoleonic is good for, including Battle, team deathmatch, siege.

Why cant Europe have the same? I mean, everyone has there own opinion, I honestly want the fear of dying, the adrenaline of the charge, the sadness of my comrades dying.

In Conquest, I just respawn in 30 seconds and do a yolo charge.

Obviously the 2nd one is appealing to you, and in which case isn't for some.
Obviously you haven't been paying attention. All of the events planned so far for this mod are going to be Conquest. Conquest is the preferred game mode of the devs and the beta testers so far. Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom