Info Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

orome said:
@Mihajlo here it is mate, in your Info thread http://prntscr.com/eomxl see?
Oh, you mean ''it is missing in Info Thread''.
I thought you meant the game itself. :razz:
No problems - here, I fixed the tree in that post.
I probably deleted Horseman by accident, when I was changing the color of Infantry troops from Red to Maroon (easier for the eyes, you know).

Hey, Mihailo, mate, could I ask you to reorder the factions' troop trees in alphabetical order? Because right now I see no logic in how they're ordered (neither alphabetic - (A, B, B, F, H, T, A...), nor geographic (Almohads, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Flandres, Holland, Toulouse, Aragon...)).

NikeBG said:
Hey, Mihailo, mate, could I ask you to reorder the factions' troop trees in alphabetical order? Because right now I see no logic in how they're ordered (neither alphabetic - (A, B, B, F, H, T, A...), nor geographic (Almohads, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Flandres, Holland, Toulouse, Aragon...)).
They are sorted in the same order as faction list from the first post.
I only removed the Kingdom of... Principality of... and similar things, because I felt they are redundant.
But if you guys will find it easier if they are alphabetically sorted, then sure, I will rearange them.

Btw, guys, if anyone has Astolfo de Benevento in their party, please, post his short description here.
On the first page, in the paragraph about Companions, I've put a Wiki-link next to te names of historical/legendary companions, while for our own custom companions, I've added a short description:
1. Robin Hood
2. Fulk FitzWarin
3. Nicollo Antonio Pollo - a travelling Venetian merchant, who lost a fortune in a pirate attack (he is a semi-fictional grandfather of Marco Polo).
4. Holger Danske
5. Koroghlu
6. Roland du Maine - a brave French knight-errant, travelling the world for experience (and because he lacks rich fiefs).
7. Eteriani
8. Eustace the Monk
9. Basileos Akritas
10. William Tell
11. Beatrijs
12. Francesco d'Assisi
13. Astolfo de Benevento -
14. Roger Godberd
15. Ibn Arabi
16. Dobrynya Nikitich
17. Arn de Gothia
18. Guillem de Montcada - an Aragonese noble, pursued by the authorities (he is a son of Viscount Guillem of Béarn).
19. Raimbaut de Vaqueiras
20. Blondel de Nesle
21. Hildegard von Bingen
22. Margery Kempe
23. Selomon - a former Ethiopian soldier, tricked by a turn of fate.
24. Roger z Rykach - an aging Polish adventurer, suffering from amnesia.
25. Trueno - a hardened Spanish crusader, on the run from the law.
26. Paolo Barelli - a wandering Sicilian thief, skilled in archery and looting.
27. Lothair von Erlangen - an experienced Bavarian mercenary, who will do anything for a price.
However, I've forgotten to write it for Astolfo de Benevento.
And I'll be without my Warband-computer for a while, so I can't check his backstory in-game.
So, if anyone wanna contribute - tell me something about Astolfo de Benevento. :wink:

Is the short text next to them a synopsis you did for this info thread or can that be found somewhere in-game?
I can only find the long version in game;
Here it is

First screen just says
I am from Bourgogne
and here is the second screen
mb10dx.jpg

I seem to remember the text being longer when I first recruited him, the first screen I mean; and it's visible from the second screen that there seems to be a part of the story missing.

Alex_S said:
Is the short text next to them a synopsis you did for this info thread or can that be found somewhere in-game?
No, it can't be found in game - it's a synopsis that I made, based of the companion's full story.
I wanted to give players a basic outlook on companions who don't have a Wiki-link, to immedieately see if they find them interesting or not.
For example, I thought that Roger z Rykach was just some random warrior.
But it seems he has amnesia - which makes everything more interesting, especially if your like to role-play.

I can only find the long version in game;
Here it is
mb10dx.jpg
I seem to remember the text being longer when I first recruited him, the first screen I mean; and it's visible from the second screen that there seems to be a part of the story missing.
Yes, the text is longer when you first recruit a companion, and the next time you ask him, he gives you a shortened version.
But this should be enough for me to create a basic info (he seems to be some kind of wandering noble).
Thanks, mate! :smile:

NikeBG said:
Btw, is Paolo Barelli in any way reminiscent of Garrett? That would be quite cool. :wink:
Who's Garrett?

NikeBG said:
Аh, I see.
As for Paolo Barelli's similarities with Garrett, I don't thing they are that similar, aside from both being Thieves and Archers.
I don't remember Paolo's story completely, but I believe that he is also a bit of a womanizer, and that he doesn't have a big sense of honour as Garrett, although, my memory might be wrong.
I don't even know who made him - Cesar, Tsewe, Korinov, or someone third?

And btw, when we add your Bogdan companion, you will have the honour of writing a short Info Thread synopsis for him.
It's better that way, because I would probably put my old idea:
Bogdan - the Bulgarian Bastard of Balkans. :wink:

MihailoSRB said:
And btw, when we add your Bogdan companion, you will have the honour of writing a short Info Thread synopsis for him.
It's better that way, because I would probably put my old idea:
Bogdan - the Bulgarian Bastard of Balkans. :wink:
Actually, in this very moment, I'm creating his E1200 Wiki page, where I'll post his whole backstory that I had written. Though if we have him as BBB, I would request him to look like our current BBB (his majesty, our Chuck Norris prime-minister). :razz:

@Hidole, I don't think anyone is actively working on making new companions in the moment (though it would be great if I'm wrong). So, considering we all liked your idea (IIRC), the best option would be if you can make his dialogues, which would seriously increase the chances of him appearing in the mod. Kinda like I did with the above-mentioned Bogdan long ago (and if we have several finished companions, waiting to be added, that might make Korinov more likely to actually add them as well). :wink:

Hidole555 said:
While the discussion is on companions, can I ask if people are still thinking of including Ednyfed Fychan ap Cynwrig as a companion?
I am not a ''companion guy'' but I'm sure he will be in the next release, I mean, why not?
He is a great addition, a first Welsh companion, historical and from the mod's time period.

I mentioned him in an earlier post that Korinov and Quapitty responded to but I'm not sure if anything happened from there.
Why don't you write him?
His backstory, his looks, equipment, and everything else - you suggested him, after all.
You know (based on the other companions) how much intro text do you need to write, and how it should look like.

EDIT:
Bah, Nike beat me to it... :neutral:
Yes, do what he says...

Back
Top Bottom