[Werewolf] [Archive] Ultimate Werewolf - Villagers win....sort of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Here we go, ultimate Werewolf.

For the basic rules, please read the respective earlier games. Rathyr has posted several links with the basic rules. Also, just read through bits and pieces of earlier games to get the hang of how to play this game.

There are 10 players. Each of them gets a role assigned which is going to be used by me in the narration.

Besides that, the game is rather classically built up, special roles are:

3 Wolves in 1 pack
1 Herbalist (can protect himself every other night)
1 Seer (can figure out the special role of a person during the night)

Before there is any commotion: The jobs I give to the players are not related to their special roles. Every player got one number and I randomly assigned the jobs I wrote down beforehand. Basically these "jobs" are ornamental, but also help identifying possible clues. You shall find out.

And here are the players:
-------------------------------------
Day 4

Alive:

1. Rathyr (Blacksmith)
3. Knight of Cydonia (Tavernkeeper)
5. James (Hunter)
8. Sir Velmu (Carpenter)
9. Gculk (Sheriff)

Dead:

2. Morgoth2005 (Farmer) - Villager
10. Kobrag (Prostitute) - Wolf
6. Hack (Fisherman) - Herbalist
4. Thus spoke Nosferatu (Priest) - Villager
7. Leprechaun (Grave Digger) - Villager

-------------------------------------

Majorities are needed to get a lynch. Bold your votes

If there are any other questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

I'll PM people their roles and will then start the game.

EDIT: If a player is not posting for a week, although he was online in the meanwhile, he will be replaced. If you have to leave for a longer period, please announce it. And people that only post one-liners and complain later on that "they have nothing more to say" will be beheaded, fed to the wolves and cursed with eternal shame. After that, I might replace them.

Hey guys, keep your temper. I left the thread unlocked because I wanted to give the possibility for feedback, not spam. I still have to contact people, so shut up!

10_rays_fog_trees_cclb.jpg

Anno 1648 - somewhere near Ravenstadt

The sleepy village of Donkerwaldt awakes to the peacefull singing of the birds in the trees of the seemingly endless Black Forest. The Werewolf plague that struck their neighbours in Ravenstadt some years ago has luckily passed their village and spared their lives. Since then, life has been good: the Farmers have a good harvest, the pond is full of fish and the hunters don't compete with werewolves anymore for their prey.

A day of bustling activity starts. The priest is taking the confession from the local prostitute in a dark corner of the church and the Sheriff can already in the morning be found in the tavern. The blacksmith and the Grave Digger are engaged in a discussion, when suddenly Morgoth, the farmer storms into the tavern, his face pale as death, terror written all over it. Dead silence fell when he he finally called out that he had found of his sheep torn into pieces by werewolves. He had found some shredded tools next to it, which led him to the assumption it must have been a transformed human creature.

The villagers were distressed. Obviously the werewolves had returned to hunt down the poor villagers of Donkerwaldt. A council was held to decide what was going to happen.

Day 1 starts, this is ULTIMATE WEREWOLF - go for it!

6 to lynch

A. This seems like a good setup. 1 pack of 3 wolves, a herbalist, and a seer seem like a good balance.
B. These "hints" and roles seem like a much needed addition to these games.
C. Kobrag was randomly chosen as a prostitute.  :lol:

Looks like we have the Ultimate game indeed.

Hello people!  So...Let's get down to bussiness...

How the hell'm I supposed to open this thing?  Do I go  "Har har, ima Villagerz!"  Or something?  Most of the time when people do that, they just gang raped by people jumping to conclusions.((Always wondered where that was.))

So Anyways, I'm Just a villager.

Ohh, and I like the job thingie too.

FoS-Kobrag

Damned whores taint everything they touch. When the smell of fish is too much for the fisherman....you know something has to be done.  :razz:

(on a more serious note)

FoS-Rathyr

FoS-Sir Velmu

Damned suspicious to find tools next to slaughtered sheep. Gotta wonder why our craftsmen are missing tools....

How the hell did I not make it into this game?

Eh, I need a break from it anyway.

Hmm...I almost agree with Hack, but we gotta remember that there is only a 50% chance that the clues are accurate...Hell, it might even be morgoth just trying to cover it up.

The sky breaks open for a second and the villagers stare in awe...

god.jpg

"Listen you fools. First of all, I make up the clues, no way for Morgoth or anybody laying wrong tracks.

Secondly, it's three wolves against 7 villagers (the Herbalist and Seer are after all villagers, too). The wolves act in 1 pack, so they eat 1 per night. The rest of the calculation you can make up yourself.

AND DON'T GROVEL!"

The sky closes up again and the villagers feel calm. The priest rejoices having seen his boss.

The priest has arrived. Hide the wolves and lock up your children!

Buenor already seems pretty wolfy with that lame first post.

I guess we don't get a clue for the first day?

It seems like this situation is pretty ridiculous. With three wolves we should have at least 13 villagers, but when life gives you wolves, you make a fur coat!

Three wolves just means you're chances of hitting a wolf randomly are actually higher. Besides, they still only kill 1 per night (now for the 3rd time). Just make the calculation with 2 wolves on 10 people, you'd see how near to impossible that would be.

Maybe I gave the clue already, maybe there'll be another one. Maybe you're right and you won't get many clues on day 1.

So, now I'm over and out and you guys play the game.

Buenor said:
Hmm...I almost agree with Hack, but we gotta remember that there is only a 50% chance that the clues are accurate...Hell, it might even be morgoth just trying to cover it up.

True, but a clue is a clue. It isn't a reason to hang a person, but its something to mull over.

I do agree with Rathyr, though. We need to take this slow. Although I'm sure the wolves won't all vote on the same person this day or the next....if we lynch an innocent then the wolves will have too much influence.

Adaham...do you think you should add a couple extra people or take a wolf out so we are at least guaranteed to day 3?

Hack McSlash said:
Adaham...do you think you should add a couple extra people or take a wolf out so we are at least guaranteed to day 3?

Day 1 - 10 people - 7 villagers - 3 wolves
Worst case scenario:
Day 2 - 8 people - 5 villagers - 3 wolves
Worst case scenario:
Day 3 - 6 people - 3 villagers - 3 wolves - wolves still need an innocent lynch to win.

If by then you cannot figure out a single wolf, the village deserves to die.

Most other scenarios will actually ensure a rather long game.

Everything clear now?

Hack McSlash said:
Buenor said:

True, but a clue is a clue. It isn't a reason to hang a person, but its something to mull over.

I do agree with Rathyr, though. We need to take this slow. Although I'm sure the wolves won't all vote on the same person this day or the next....if we lynch an innocent then the wolves will have too much influence.

Only god may add to the village my son, and even he would have to recreate it and start again once it's fully formed.

I guess the tool thing is a clue after all.

As good a reason to lynch as any, but we should at elast discuss things.

Maybe there are two more clues hidden somewhere?

I guess the people already assigned an activity would be cleared if the clues are true?

Adaham said:
Day 1 - 10 people - 7 villagers - 3 wolves (6 votes to lynch)
Worst case scenario:
Day 2 - 8 people - 5 villagers - 3 wolves (5 votes to lynch)
Worst case scenario:
Day 3 - 6 people - 3 villagers - 3 wolves - wolves still need an innocent lynch to win. (4 votes to lynch)

Everything clear now?

Crystal. Some reason I thought that on day two that it would be 3 votes to lynch.

Thus spake Nosferatu said:
Only god may add to the village my son, and even he would have to recreate it and start again once it's fully formed.

I guess the tool thing is a clue after all.

As good a reason to lynch as any, but we should at elast discuss things.

Maybe there are two more clues hidden somewhere?

I guess the people already assigned an activity would be cleared if the clues are true?

True, father, very true. This is the only world we have, and we'll need to make due.

So far, the only discussion point I can see is the clue of the tools. We need to discuss it at length.

Well, the tools could belong to the blacksmith or the carpenter. Assuming it's not a planted false clue left by the wolves.

I suppose even the farmer has tools, but it makes little sense for his own tools to be there.

And "tools" is a pretty vague description. Have they been destroyed beyond recognition (kinda hard to do)?

Could be the grave diggers tools i.e spades, trowels and other digging stuff.

So if this is a valid clue and not just coincidence, we have 3 valid suspects, the grave digger, the carpenter and the blacksmith.

Hmm...But, this is all conjecture.  If it's not a clue, or is untrue, we could be just cutting ourselves here.  Anybody got any other Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom